2/15 - Sharks (7-3-3) @ (10-0-3) Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
wasnt it Bobby Ryan? I remember shaking my head at the dumb officiating, which was all over all night at the Ducks game. Seabs barely touched Ryan and he went flying into Crow worse than Shaw's goalie interference penalty. Horse shit

My mistake it was Bobby.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
Funny...not knowing yet about Corey's lack of availability, I was thinking I had no problem with Emery going tonite. We have 2 goalies going well, and I have to problem with wanting to keep that going in case 1 gets hurt.

Variable

Liked Posts:
wasnt it Bobby Ryan? I remember shaking my head at the dumb officiating, which was all over all night at the Ducks game. Seabs barely touched Ryan and he went flying into Crow worse than Shaw's goalie interference penalty. Horse shit

Ugh. come on, Seabrook pushed him right into Crawford, he actually did a pretty good job, whether he tried to or not, avoiding a lot of contact by going over the top of Crawford instead of plowing straight into him. Shaw was just out of control on his penalty.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drinking at Map Room the afternoon before the game rules.

Riding Amtrak with a hotty that just got out of prison today made the ride much better.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
im not one to predict losses but my stomach is telling me that tonight is the first reg loss for the team. not being a downer but its coming at some point and im just going on gambling instinct with this one.

then again...fuck im a shitty gambler.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im not one to predict losses but my stomach is telling me that tonight is the first reg loss for the team. not being a downer but its coming at some point and im just going on gambling instinct with this one.

picture-360.png

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Riding Amtrak with a hotty that just got out of prison today made the ride much better.
What was Mr. Roughtrade in for? Will you be drinking together at the Map Room? Getting a room after the game perhaps?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

I hate to agree you about anything because you smell like twat mustard. It really sucks that I agree with you on this subject especially.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
This game is on NHL Network for those of you outside the area.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Good game for supporting cast scoring. Great game again for the PK units..outstanding.

Toews...don't go fighting guys twice your size when you have a concussion history. Big Joe despite being a complete asshole would destroy you if he really wanted to. As much as I like guys dropping the gloves and I understand the history..nothing was really proven in this case. Showing intensity is great but we need you on the ice and around for the season and playoffs.

With that said...it may have set a tone? I don't know.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Good game for supporting cast scoring. Great game again for the PK units..outstanding.

Toews...don't go fighting guys twice your size when you have a concussion history. Big Joe despite being a complete asshole would destroy you if he really wanted to. As much as I like guys dropping the gloves and I understand the history..nothing was really proven in this case. Showing intensity is great but we need you on the ice and around for the season and playoffs.

With that said...it may have set a tone? I don't know.

Completely disagree. Sometimes it isn't about winning, but making a point.

Point was made.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

Point was made.

I don't know what that point is. Im sure a point was made but I just don't know what that point was. I need someone to elaborate on what the specific point made was. If it's for JT's own personal demons and to get something out of his system then I guess that's good on him. If it was to tell Joe "don't hit me dirty again in the future? Nice try...no point even bother trying it's not going to work....not on Joe Thornton anyways. Hes a prick..always has been...always will be. he isn't a spring chicken to the league.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:

Point was made.

Damn right it was, and his teammates were all too happy to give their all to kill the penalty. Although a lousy display of fighting, it was a great team moment. This has been festering for years.

tumblr_lhcupgq0Q01qd5n55o1_500.gif

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I don't know what that point is. Im sure a point was made but I just don't know what that point was. I need someone to elaborate on what the specific point made was. If it's for JT's own personal demons and to get something out of his system then I guess that's good on him. If it was to tell Joe "don't hit me dirty again in the future? Nice try...no point even bother trying it's not going to work....not on Joe Thornton anyways. Hes a prick..always has been...always will be. he isn't a spring chicken to the league.

The point is that he will defend himself and not put up with that bullshit and cheapshots against him. It started with the crosscheck into the boards against Thornton that was LONG overdue, and ended with Toews dropping the gloves against him. The captain represents the team, and when your captain does that, it sends a message that the TEAM won't tolerate those cheapshots, and will respond. I thought that was the turning point of the game, even if the Hawks were short for four minutes.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NHL network picks up the game and then blacks it out in my area. WTF? Then puts the Blows and Flames up in place? Fuck you Bettman.

Glad they won, would've been nice to watch it.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NHL network picks up the game and then blacks it out in my area. WTF? Then puts the Blows and Flames up in place? Fuck you Bettman.

Glad they won, would've been nice to watch it.

That sucks! Why would they black it out anywhere, except for the metro areas of Chicago and San Jose, and let them broadcast their local telecasts?

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Krüger with a nice game. He seems he is finding his game, hopefully he'll keep on that trajectory. Overall good game. Didn't really like that Toews went on to fight, not with his concussion history. Keep on trucking.

Sharks didn't really have anything and explains why they have not won in 7 games now.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
The point is that he will defend himself and not put up with that bullshit and cheapshots against him. It started with the crosscheck into the boards against Thornton that was LONG overdue, and ended with Toews dropping the gloves against him. The captain represents the team, and when your captain does that, it sends a message that the TEAM won't tolerate those cheapshots, and will respond. I thought that was the turning point of the game, even if the Hawks were short for four minutes.

And Thornton will laugh it off as he has done his entire career when guys come after him for "revenge". It's Joe Thornton he doesn't take "points". I love Toews..hes my fav player in the game and Im proud that he has a take no shit attitude and is all serious as he is. No one wears the C better than him in the league. This team doesn't and never has had to have Toews drop the gloves to inspire them or to send a point so I don't buy into that philosophy. Not tonight.

I don't care about the penalty minutes...I don't care about any of that stuff. I care about a guy who is vital to this team staying healthy and not suffering another head injury that could put him out for a long duration. Concussions aren't like the flu bug strain..once you have it it goes away forever. If anyone believes that Joe didn't let up on JT then they are fooling themselves. Thornton could have destroyed Toews in that fight if he wanted to. Thats reality. Joe could have easily made a point also but he didn't. I doubt Thornton is sitting in the locker room after the game going "Guess I should never hit that guy again he might try to fight me again". And again this team has never needed Toews to drop the gloves to prove that he is a leader and cares about winning. Thats nonsense.

As for the turning point? Hawks were dominating a 0-0 game before that little fake fight..felt to me as if the Hawks weren't in need of any energy boosts or momentum help. There was no point to turn on..the Hawks were already looking good.

I really think it had nothing to do with the team and everything to do with Toews own emotions and history with Thornton. Leaving it at that I understand and can accept it as an emotional reaction that was built up (still wish he wouldn't put his health on the line but I understand breaking points also). Bringing the "team rally" stuff into it? Not buying it. Seemed done for personal reasons more than team reasons. Just being honest. Toews is a great captain but he can also do risky things like any other captain or player that I personally wish they didn't do. Compete levels can do that I understand. Just don't buy into the thought that he was thinking about the team.