2/7 - Blackhawks (8-0-2) @ (4-2-2) Coyotes 8:00PM CSN

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought I saw in the box that Mayers got 5 for fighting torres last night, how did that go?

Last I checked on Hockeyfights.com Mayers was leading in the "win" votes. I personally think it was a draw. Both fighters threw a lot, both fighters connected a couple of good ones and missed about the same. It seemed like thy both pulled each other to the ice at the same time. Mayers did puch Torres' lide off so that might be considered a bonus. All in all it was a good scrap IMHO I just considered it a draw.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Torres face after the game would say there was more than just dancing..

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
You slammed both Kompon and Gauthier - before ever getting here

Q and Stan were labeled "stooges" for bringing in Kompon and letting Haviland go...and Q was hanging himself for the move as well.

Meanwhile, LA's pp continues to suck...so maybe it wasn't the coaching there...but the personnel?

Maybe the team isn't dysfunctional as some think..and Q being able to bring in coaches on the same page of him brings better continuity, if Haviland had a different agenda? If Haviland disagreed with him as you've said in the past...giving mixed messages to players, being "good coach" behind Q's back - it could explain some of the dysfunction...where now everyone is on the same page, tugging the rope in the same direction.

Even the the Hawks are at the middle of the pack...they rolled out regular lines for 2-3pp's yesterday

They had a few 1 min pp's the last few games...which all technically count towards a PP

Their movement in the zone is much improved...as the entries. The mistakes they make on it, seem to be when the outlets/NZ passing is off/at the feet of players - not a coaching issue, but execution.

So...the dysfunction has been removed, IMO from the staff.
Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of anything this year cause it's such a fucked up season. No preseason, some players more in shape than others, less practice time than usual... I'm not really disputing anything you said, just starting a new thought. It just doesn't feel like a real season at this point to me. It's like we're doing full squad pre-season still haha.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Good to know I'll have to look it up. Happy to see Mayers back out there after the hit, was afraid he'd start seeing concussion like symptoms

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
my cousin who knows the person that works at starbucks, who pours the coffee for Sharps dog walker, told me that the reason Sharp is not scoring...is because he is waiting for the playoffs...conserving his energy....that makes total sense now.

Im going shopping for frozen pizza tonight.

Ton the family has not been to your house in a while....maybe soon for chilidogs?!

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
The fight was a bit wild/out of control...I wasn't sure how much landed

But Torres gave some interviews after the game, and above his eye looked a bit tagged

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The fight was a bit wild/out of control...I wasn't sure how much landed

But Torres gave some interviews after the game, and above his eye looked a bit tagged
Nice, no other big hits during that could have caused it?

At this point, honestly I really hope it all dies with him. I want people to stop bringing it up. You are only making him relevant and that's more than he deserves. I think if you forget about it and never talk about it again that's more than he deserves

by the way what happen to his suspension? Did he get it reduced I guess?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From last year when they had one 4 5 on 3 all year to 3 so far in 5 chances this year. Yea I'd say it's clicking.

The only reason they are 15th is Q obviously told them not to run up the score last night.

last three PP were the 3rd & 4th lines.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
It was knocked down 4gms...

I think it's "over" in the sense there won't be payback/staged fights

I'm sure the next time they play, PHX is going to come out pissed about the game, and Torres will be wound up, fans all over him..so there may be some extra hitting/depending on the game. So that hatred for him from CHI bandwagon (lol) fans will always be there.

R K

You slammed both Kompon and Gauthier - before ever getting here

Q and Stan were labeled "stooges" for bringing in Kompon and letting Haviland go...and Q was hanging himself for the move as well.

Meanwhile, LA's pp continues to suck...so maybe it wasn't the coaching there...but the personnel?

Maybe the team isn't dysfunctional as some think..and Q being able to bring in coaches on the same page of him brings better continuity, if Haviland had a different agenda? If Haviland disagreed with him as you've said in the past...giving mixed messages to players, being "good coach" behind Q's back - it could explain some of the dysfunction...where now everyone is on the same page, tugging the rope in the same direction.

Even the the Hawks are at the middle of the pack...they rolled out regular lines for 2-3pp's yesterday

They had a few 1 min pp's the last few games...which all technically count towards a PP

Their movement in the zone is much improved...as the entries. The mistakes they make on it, seem to be when the outlets/NZ passing is off/at the feet of players - not a coaching issue, but execution.

So...the dysfunction has been removed, IMO from the staff.

I actually like Kitchen after meeting and talking with him. Kompon couldn't even last on a Stanley Cup team. They couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

I know 2 of the 3 now, and Haviland is a good coach, liked by his players. No question.

I also disagree, from where I sit and who I know, Haviland was the dysfunction. But oh well.

9-0-2 I don't have much to complain about.

And Gautheir, LOL come on.

R K

I will also say PMX, no matter the Assistant Coach's or anyone else Q runs everything in his ship. He's CLEARLY made changes to his game plan this year, as he KNOWS his job is on the line.

I would grasp at that being the biggest change of them all. Kitchen, Haviland, Kompon, or God, doesn't make a difference to Q. Q runs EVERYTHING. Bottom line.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
In the SJ game...the Hawks "technically" had 4 pp's

1st one lasted 1:03 (overlap from Boyle penalty)

3rd one lasted 1:00 (overlap from Keith penalty)

4th one lasted 0:11 (overlap from Niemi penalty)

Those technically count for 0-3

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I will also say PMX, no matter the Assistant Coach's or anyone else Q runs everything in his ship. He's CLEARLY made changes to his game plan this year, as he KNOWS his job is on the line.

I would grasp at that being the biggest change of them all. Kitchen, Haviland, Kompon, or God, doesn't make a difference to Q. Q runs EVERYTHING. Bottom line.

No question Q does - and should - run everything behind the bench. The guy's been a successful coach in the NHL for a long time, and should get those choices.

And can't the same be said about the Hawks couldn't wait to get rid of Torchetti after the cup?

If Haviland was having issues with some of Q's direction...having shouting matches with him, is dysfunction. I know Haviland has the "good guy" label, had a friend play for him and remains friends with the guy...but the fact is, if an "assistant coach" has other agendas than the head coaches instruction...it leads to dysfunction. It's not Q's job to relate to his assistants...his ass is the one on the line.

LA's pp woes continue without Kompon. So if he was the "scapegoat" there...so be it. The truth of the matter is, you can have the greatest plays in the world drawn up by the greatest minds - but it comes down to execution..and in hockey, bounces, some breaks, rythm and getting "hot" - all factor in.

If Q feels comfy that Kompon and Kitchen will give the same message across that he wants, the Hawks players are much better off than having an assistant that wasn't on the same page.

R K

I think haviland was suggesting some of the changes Q has actually made. And I don't just think that off a whim.

And Like I said it's Q's line on the job. If he wants yes mam type people around him, so he's the ultimate boss, thats his right.

But I wouldn't slam Haviland for that. I just wish Haviland had taken the Coaching Job in Rockford. Because really, Dent sucks. He sucks working with youth, he sucks coaching the team, and well, he just sucks.

Very similar to Peters, who how the fuck he got the ass. Job in Detroit is beyond me. Even his players hated him.

R K

Yawney was not a very good coach in Rockford, but he was an excellent coach in the A. Some coaches aren't made for the NHL, but can develop youth even better than some that are in the NHL.

You know it's the draw of a string. This string has Q on the hot seat. And rightfully so, both the last two years, especially last year, his teams under performed. For what ever reason, he's responsible.

R K

In the SJ game...the Hawks "technically" had 4 pp's

1st one lasted 1:03 (overlap from Boyle penalty)

3rd one lasted 1:00 (overlap from Keith penalty)

4th one lasted 0:11 (overlap from Niemi penalty)

Those technically count for 0-3

I think that stat is skued for sure. Just like the last 3 PP's last night. Q was obviously not running up the score. Guys were sitting back. Had they scored so be it, but it didn't appear with the game CLEARLY over, they were trying. Yet the two 5 on 3's, were both EXCELLENT.

Something this team couldn't BUY last year. To nit pick about the PP, when your team is 9-0-2 is pretty dumb.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Just the fact that after Haviland was fired...and it was all "fuck Q..fuck the organization...they're all idiots...I'll never watch a Hawk game again until they fire Q" type attitudes...or that they are completely in shambles because the let him go - was a bit of an over reaction.

Looking around at other teams/coaches...there's not many that I would take over Q. He's a players coach. Has tons of experience. Is successful. His style/system is probably the most exciting out of any coach in the league. Quick transition, stretch passes, high tempo/speed.

People "love" Babcock - what's he done/won? 1 cup..and he's had the greatest Dman ever. One of the greates 2-way forwards ever. Was given a team loaded with talent, experiece, core group that was together forever...and learned from legends...and he won 1 cup.

Blysma? See last years 1st round for failures.. And he has 2 perrenial MVP's on his team. Malkin and Crosby can win 1 every year and are the most dominant players in this era

Hitch - 1cup. His act wears players down. All D, boring ass hockey.

Getting rid of Boudreau hasn't fared well in WASH...and ANA is looking good

R K

Can't say I disagree with much of that. Q better win another Cup here with the talent he has in the core.