2 runs tonight for cubs... over or under?

choyne35

Liked Posts:
I’m saying under for sure and I’m going with a 7-0 White Sox shutout win. I will gladly own this negativity if we win or score more than 4 but I really believe with the current offensive funk they are in and facing yet another really good pitcher for the 5th time in the last 6 games it’s going to continue to be ugly. Giolito will go 7 innings, 3 hits, 12 K’s, 2 walks. Lester will go 5 giving up 5

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m saying under for sure and I’m going with a 7-0 White Sox shutout win. I will gladly own this negativity if we win or score more than 4 but I really believe with the current offensive funk they are in and facing yet another really good pitcher for the 5th time in the last 6 games it’s going to continue to be ugly. Giolito will go 7 innings, 3 hits, 12 K’s, 2 walks. Lester will go 5 giving up 5
Tremendous

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Giolito will be tough. Plus looks like it will be a good night for Pitchers with cooler temps..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Giolito will be tough. Plus looks like it will be a good night for Pitchers with cooler temps..
The wind will be blowing in and cool. Its going to be a pitchers night.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Over for me, cubs have not been real good after a day off, they have eventually woken up and scored but not early.

This rivalry means so much more for white sox players, fans, ownership, beer vendors, just about all of them.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Even when Giolito had an 8.56 ERA, he could still beat the Cubs. Outlook not good.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
cubs win 5 to 2 tonight

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
When it comes to volatility in runs scored, Fangraphs has done plenty of research on this already. What has hurt us more hasn't been the run scoring droughts, they happen to every team, but the volatile three weeks we have had from the bullpen and starting pitching.

Hitting slumps suffer from recency bias and are generally not the primary reason for the end of season win and loss records.

In short Run scoring volatility has a much smaller effect than Runs allowed volatility.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, that was quick.. Tremendous

CSF77

Liked Posts:

:oprah2:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Would love for you to be right but they won’t score 5 total tonight and tomorrow

Take a deep breath and enjoy these runs tonight.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
It is 5 to 2, lets pack this circus up and head out.
Well bud I’m very happy to be wrong and maybe it was a little bit of reverse psychology in play there on my part to turn the tides and get us out of the offensive funk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well bud I’m very happy to be wrong and maybe it was a little bit of reverse psychology in play there on my part to turn the tides and get us out of the offensive funk
:gfto: