2015 Bears Grades: Secondary

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Not a bad assessment.

I'd say they were better as the season wore on so Probably a D+ to start the year, then ending at a B. Averages out to a C for the season as a whole.

But, to that point, I'd rather improve over the season and average a C than regress.

So positive on the DB's if we can get upgrade in a position or 2 in the off-season.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Good job Fisch. I think your assessment was spot on. The solid C is a good grade. I was pleasantly surprised by Amos, Callahan, and (especially) Jones-Quartey. After a rough early season I thought he flashed a little big play ability and a nose for the ball late in the year. I don't think he can be a starter, but in nickel and dime packages he could give the Bears some difference making plays. Amos and Callahan have the look of players that will be solid pros. Not spectacular but reliable system guys.

As we all know a good front 7 makes the secondary better. If the Bears can get a couple more impact guys up front then the back end of the defense, even with only the players on the roster now, can easily make the jump to a B or B+. Or perhaps be even better than that with the addition of 1 or 2 more quality players.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is going to fun until you guys hit the LBs. Nice job again.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Good assessment but for having such awful MLBs and our DL not so great yet still finishing 4th best in the NFL I would push them to the B range. We need Berry!

Crusher17

Liked Posts:
Somehow the words "good" and "Bears secondary" have seemed to be contradictory terms. After the Packers game it was like the little train that could- "I think I can, I think I can" but really could only go up one hill.

Thanks for sharing.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You'd have to do the outside and inside linebackers separately or it just wouldn't tell the whole story.

Does that include Jon Bostic and his Superbowl run?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You'd have to do the outside and inside linebackers separately or it just wouldn't tell the whole story.

I wouldnt even bother to do the ILBs. Just give it an F- and move on... no explanation needed, and no one would question it.

Great write up Fisch