2015 Blackhawks Winter classic Jerseys = BORING!

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Captain (Guess Grim was right) and Saad sporting their exciting Winter Classic Jerseys.</p>

hawks_jersey.jpg
</p>

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually like the clean, classic look.</p>

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
2015-winter-classic-jersey-froncropt.jpg
</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jaxhawksfan" data-cid="237154" data-time="1415234416">
<div>

I actually like the clean, classic look.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I do, too.</p>
<div>

</p>

...but, except for their first WC Jersey, last year's outdoor game jersey is just a tweeked version of the black alternate jersey they wore in the past and the jersey for the upcoming WC is just a tweeked version of their white road jersey.  Not much imagination, IMHO.</p>
</div>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The black alternates are the best jerseys in sports. It's a shame they took them away.

Just like all this cold/cloudy weather took away Toews' tan.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still have a black jersey (replica). It's been lucky every time I've worn it to a game. First time I wore it was at a Hawks game in Maple Leaf Gardens, Hawks win!</p>

FlyChicaga

Liked Posts:
This jersey would be fine if they would have used the 1957 Indianhead. By using the 2014/2015 logo it looks just like the current jersey with different lettering.</p>

</p>

On the flipside, I think this is a testament to how classic our current jersey is. It is relatively unchanged through the history of the team, like the other Original Six franchises. How many jerseys have teams like Anaheim gone through? Yawn. Besides the jersey cut, this is the same Blackhawks jersey design since I was born 33 years ago.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="237162" data-time="1415248420">
<div>

I still have a black jersey (replica). It's been lucky every time I've worn it to a game. First time I wore it was at a Hawks game in Maple Leaf Gardens, Hawks win!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Why weren't you there last Saturday dressed in black?  :angry-screaming:</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="FlyChicaga" data-cid="237164" data-time="1415249415">
<div>

This jersey would be fine if they would have used the 1957 Indianhead. By using the 2014/2015 logo it looks just like the current jersey with different lettering.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

...with lowered tomahawks, that are red, black and white.  RADICAL!  </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=663794</p>

Radical, they want a throwback look, which the President says we've never done before.</p>

</p>

</p>

<span style="font-size:48px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">DOH!</span></span></p>

<span style="font-size:48px;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">
200951511584716139.jpg
</span></span></p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="FlyChicaga" data-cid="237164" data-time="1415249415">
<div>

</p>

On the flipside, I think this is a testament to how classic our current jersey is. It is relatively unchanged through the history of the team, like the other Original Six franchises. How many jerseys have teams like Anaheim gone through? Yawn. Besides the jersey cut, this is the same Blackhawks jersey design since I was born 33 years ago.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

We could have always gone back to the barber pole jerseys. I was hoping for that, honestly, but these aren't too bad. I'm just glad we'll be playing on New Years Day. It will make for a great start to the new year.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1415249415" data-cid="237164" data-author="FlyChicaga">

This jersey would be fine if they would have used the 1957 Indianhead. By using the 2014/2015 logo it looks just like the current jersey with different lettering.

On the flipside, I think this is a testament to how classic our current jersey is. It is relatively unchanged through the history of the team, like the other Original Six franchises. How many jerseys have teams like Anaheim gone through? Yawn. Besides the jersey cut, this is the same Blackhawks jersey design since I was born 33 years ago.</p></blockquote>

Yea, I wish they had the crest that was cira the period of the rest of the design of the jersey (which might be enough for me not to buy one), but I like what they have done. Would have loved the white from the 1st season or the whites from the 1940s.

As far as changing the jersey, there have been quite a number of changes to the jersey over the history of the team, just not for a long time (other than 3rds and specials). http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blackhawks/Blackhawks.html

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimdust" data-cid="237165" data-time="1415251328">
<div>

WELCOME BACK FLYCHICAGA!!!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

YES!!! Welcome back.</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="237167" data-time="1415254656">
<div>

Why weren't you there last Saturday dressed in black?  :angry-screaming:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Would have loved to go, just can't afford to go to games anymore.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not impressed really, but honestly they aren't the worst that I've seen.</p>

</p>

I agree, the indianhead from the 50's would have looked better and made it more distinctive.  I wonder if the powers that be were worries about some kind of a backlash for using an older logo.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't love, don't hate it. It's sort of... blah. 

</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kinda like the simplicity of it.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BolligHandzusPirri" data-cid="237177" data-time="1415293452">
<div>

Don't love, don't hate it. It's sort of... blah. 

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Same here, although they've started growing on me, especially after seeing what Washington is wearing.</p>