2015 cubs in season trades

CSF77

Liked Posts:
While this year certainly has been a roller coaster, and I am no fan of Jon Lester, especially at that price (it will be an ugly contract in 3 years); you're not looking at big picture.

Cubs aren't looking at this year, they're looking at the next 5.

The cubs went and got 2 bottom of rotation pitchers for pennies on the dollar, both of which are better than Tsuyoshi Wada, Hendricks, Wood, EJax, Clayton Richard, and Dallas Beeler.

What the cubs need is consistency through experience. This time of year is a first for many on the cubs, the "dog days" of August and July where teams rise and fall, and those who fall, fall hard.

THe cubs aren't blowing it all on one season. And if they did, why this one? Next year would be far more likely to be successful.

I'm not thrilled they didn't get a better bat. When Montero is back full time, they HAVE to play Schwarber. Fuck Coghlan, you cant sit a bat that good.

And Castro, sorry--you've wasted the year. Its a down one. You're the odd man out. Move Russell to SS, put a body at 2b and keep this kid on the field playing.

Cog's I believe they found the answer to. Bench role as he has played 2B and 3B.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
What's the speculation on who gets the boot from the active roster when Haren and Hunter arrive, as well as Montero getting back? Which three?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Promote Baez and make a run for now
Unless they plan on using off the bench, i dont think we see anyone brought up til September. .

Montero comes back they most likely dump a reliever..

I dont see anyone getting bumped off 25 man or bench to make room for baez and or anyone else to come up ..

Herrera maybe, but i doubt it

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What's the speculation on who gets the boot from the active roster when Haren and Hunter arrive, as well as Montero getting back? Which three?
The roster sit at 24 because the 5th starter spot open

Haren takes thst spot..

Teagarden and Medina will go down for Hunter and Montero

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Hearing Padres have nothing going on..

If cubs ended up with nothing but Haren. . Very disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

The second wildcard spot means less teams are honest with how much potential they have and they overestimate the chances they have to make the playoffs which is why the Padres and Sox pretty much kept their rosters intact.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
While this year certainly has been a roller coaster, and I am no fan of Jon Lester, especially at that price (it will be an ugly contract in 3 years); you're not looking at big picture.

Cubs aren't looking at this year, they're looking at the next 5.

The cubs went and got 2 bottom of rotation pitchers for pennies on the dollar, both of which are better than Tsuyoshi Wada, Hendricks, Wood, EJax, Clayton Richard, and Dallas Beeler.

What the cubs need is consistency through experience. This time of year is a first for many on the cubs, the "dog days" of August and July where teams rise and fall, and those who fall, fall hard.

THe cubs aren't blowing it all on one season. And if they did, why this one? Next year would be far more likely to be successful.

I'm not thrilled they didn't get a better bat. When Montero is back full time, they HAVE to play Schwarber. Fuck Coghlan, you cant sit a bat that good.

And Castro, sorry--you've wasted the year. Its a down one. You're the odd man out. Move Russell to SS, put a body at 2b and keep this kid on the field playing.

Exactly. And this is also a year to find out what Baez can do the second time around.

Who knows. A guy like that could put a spark into this team.

Not saying he will, just that he could. I for one would like to see what he can do again. I already know that any given pitch can leave the yard. Nothing wrong with that, and frankly, Castro isn't doing much anyways.

Might as well get all of the kinks ironed out this year with the kids, and you are right. Castro should be the odd man out.

Montero and Baez back, and Denorphia, Cogs and LaStella to beef up the bench.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Exactly. And this is also a year to find out what Baez can do the second time around.

Who knows. A guy like that could put a spark into this team.

Not saying he will, just that he could. I for one would like to see what he can do again. I already know that any given pitch can leave the yard. Nothing wrong with that, and frankly, Castro isn't doing much anyways.

Might as well get all of the kinks ironed out this year with the kids, and you are right. Castro should be the odd man out.

Montero and Baez back, and Denorphia, Cogs and LaStella to beef up the bench.

Damn Boo

This is the first we've agreed in how long?

Damn we're getting old.....

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Beeler who sucks ass will get sent down and Haren will take his place in the rotation.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I wasn't saying that they shouldn't have considered Tulo my point was just that it is arguably a place of strength for them. Then again the way Castro has played maybe not as much. Either way, my point was that if Castro starts to hit like the odd year Castro(ie not 2013 and not 2015 so far) that's a pretty huge addition. Additionally, if Russell and Soler start to hit like they are capable of it changes as much as any trade they could have made.

Ultimately that's the problem with the cubs making a big deadline deal this year. They are reliant on so many young players to come through and young players slump. If they had more of a vet roster I think you have a perfectly valid point. But with what they have it's entirely possible that they continue to struggle hitting the next 2-3 weeks and end up out of the race with or without help. Had they gone out and got Price or whomever big name you want to talk about and have something like that happen you cost yourself a lot of your future.

I think the cubs will be pretty active this coming offseason in adding pieces. Just think this particular season the cubs aren't as well positioned as some of the other teams for a playoff run. From the sounds of rumors the cubs tried to acquire cost controlled players like Teheran and Ross but deals weren't there.

Brain dead thinking like this, is why the sox have a problem now. Trade away your future, and use your " get out of jail free Adam Dunn free agent card.

MY BAD BECK, THIS was not meant for you!!

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Man, I'm bummed we traded Lake. That kind of sucks...

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
So what the hell is up with all the Chase Utley chatter? Even if we include Castro in that deal, I don't think it makes sense. How many years does he have left on his contract?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I'm bummed we traded Lake. That kind of sucks...

Lake is epitome of a guy if he does make it. He will be 27 or older. He has great raw tools but never put them together. He may one day but I always thought it wouldn't be for a cub.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what the hell is up with all the Chase Utley chatter? Even if we include Castro in that deal, I don't think it makes sense. How many years does he have left on his contract?

Utley is done. His hands have slowed down tremendously. It makes no sense for us to trade him for Castro. Even if Castro is who he is, he will be better then Utley.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Utley is done. His hands have slowed down tremendously. It makes no sense for us to trade him for Castro. Even if Castro is who he is, he will be better then Utley.

It won't be to trade him for Castro. It will be a late waiver pick up if anything as a veteran leader for these guys.

Others will rise that will pass through the process that are probably better than him.

A lot of time left before any of that happens.

Right now, we need to get all of the bats on the same page.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It won't be to trade him for Castro. It will be a late waiver pick up if anything as a veteran leader for these guys.

Others will rise that will pass through the process that are probably better than him.

A lot of time left before any of that happens.

Right now, we need to get all of the bats on the same page.

I dont disagree. I think Baez is who the Cubs want to bring up. I have always assumed the Cubs will see who survives after this season. I will not denied my love for Baez but its even more now. What he has changed is pretty incredible. He works his ass off. If he fails, it won't be a lack of trying. Man, doesn't it feel good to have this problem.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I dont disagree. I think Baez is who the Cubs want to bring up. I have always assumed the Cubs will see who survives after this season. I will not denied my love for Baez but its even more now. What he has changed is pretty incredible. He works his ass off. If he fails, it won't be a lack of trying. Man, doesn't it feel good to have this problem.

It does.

This is why I don't believe they went hard after a bat.

I feel they want to see if they have that already in-house with Schwarber and Baez.

Why pay for something you might already have?

There is a lot of time between now and the waiver deadline, and I Schwarber starts to heat back up, I'll bet Bryant won't be far behind.

It is just bad that Rizzo, Bryant and Fowler all went into a funk at the same time. now two of the three are turning the page.

Tine to get Bryant back on track.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:

I agree, the only reason I mentioned Castro is because I'm pretty sure the future middle infielders will be Baez and Russell. So why the hell would we be in the race for Utley? Unless this is the final year of his contract, and even then it doesn't make much sense to me

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
It does.

This is why I don't believe they went hard after a bat.

I feel they want to see if they have that already in-house with Schwarber and Baez.

Why pay for something you might already have?

There is a lot of time between now and the waiver deadline, and I Schwarber starts to heat back up, I'll bet Bryant won't be far behind.

It is just bad that Rizzo, Bryant and Fowler all went into a funk at the same time. now two of the three are turning the page.

Tine to get Bryant back on track.

It's exactly why we didn't go after a bat. I think Theo and Jed have supreme faith in Baez