2015 IFA period starts Thursday

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cubs are expected to go fairly nuts. Fangraphs has a nice sortable prospect board

http://www.fangraphs.com/scoutboard.aspx?draft=2015int&type=1&pos=all

Cubs are connected with the following

2 Eddy Martinez CF
18 Aramis Ademan SS
21 Yonathan Perlaza SS
23 Christopher Martinez 3B
31 Jonathan Sierra RF
35 Miguel Amaya C
39 Anderson Amarista RHS
41 Yunior Perez RHS
Unranked Brailyn Marquez LHS
Unranked Luis Diaz SS

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Rumors have been around for weeks that the Cubs have a handshake deal with Eddy Julio Martinez but some have questioned that recently and have the Dodgers signing the top 3. Let's hope not, Martinez would be a great addition to the organization.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I should probably mention that with Martinez fangraphs has the dodgers listed as the projected team. By in large the guys i listed were the guys fangraphs had projected to the cubs but I'd heard varying sources that were less clear on him.

That plus it sort of makes sense if you think about it. The cubs have a lot of lessor names in the 15+ range but no real big fish for someone who's expected to go pretty significantly over their pool. Martinez is expected to get $11,000,000 which is something like 3-4 times the pool itself. While the ultimately might not get him I think there's a good shot the cubs land one of the top 3 guys.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

Please.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And Thursday is my birthday, so let's get buck and sign some free agents, gentlemen.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

Please.

From what I've read he already has a deal with the Blue Jays. He's also not as similar as you'd expect to his father. Not nearly the runner.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
It sucks that the dodgers seem to be in on all the good names, however I think we should be able to get some of them, especially this Martinez kid. Lets add more talent to the system and keep moving onward and upward.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Rumors have been around for weeks that the Cubs have a handshake deal with Eddy Julio Martinez but some have questioned that recently and have the Dodgers signing the top 3. Let's hope not, Martinez would be a great addition to the organization.

I'm so damn tired of reading the Dodgers connected to everything/everyone. I take about as much joy in watching them lose as I do the Cubs winning.