I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I have no disdain for you nor anyone on a message board.

In terms of guards, I think we have the worst tandem in the NBA, or perhaps a bottom-3. I've said all along that Dunn is not a starting-caliber NBA point guard. I also think Lavine is best-suited as a 6th man. Don't be fooled with scoring averages for a volume-scorer on a bottom-feeding team.

I really like LM, and am OK with WCJ. Other than that, I see hot garbage on the roster. With the addition of a Morant - if he lives up to his billing - the Bulls in 2020 can compete for an 8-seed, and promptly get swept if they qualify for the playoffs. I would rather tank than go 8-seed + sweep.

I agree on Dunn. Lavine is capable of more in my opinion. He has shown his ability to be much more efficient of late. He’s been shooting over 50% while seeing his assist numbers go up. I think having a healthy LM and the addition of Otto, has taken some of the burden off of lavine.

Making the playoffs next year isn’t about them competing for a title next year, it’s about them making progress from where they are now...and hopefully in another year or two after that, they can start competing for titles. It’s big picture. NBA teams don’t go from worst to first in a year, so at some point they will have to be a bottom half of the playoff bracket team.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Yikes Dunn is bad. I’ve only been half paying attention to this game and I’ve seen him blow 2 wide open layups.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yikes Dunn is bad. I’ve only been half paying attention to this game and I’ve seen him blow 2 wide open layups.

He keeps getting worse and worse. Certainly the #1 priority this offseason is finding a starting PG

On a side note...another extremely efficient game from lavine. 30 points on 12-19 shooting

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Now I'm convinced they won't finish Top 3 lol.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Just go and start Lauri at the point. Big man can handle the ball, put it on the floor and get by you to the rim.

I don't think I have seen a 7'0, 240 pound guy with that kind of ability.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just go and start Lauri at the point. Big man can handle the ball, put it on the floor and get by you to the rim.

I wouldn’t go that far...however, the Zach and Lauri pick and roll has been pretty lethal of late. The few times teams have been able to defend those two on it, the ball gets kicked out to an open Otto porter for 3. The offense is rolling since the trade. If they can improve even just a little bit defensively, watch out. Hopefully, carter jr. will help the defense some next year. His development will be key...it’s a good bit to ask of a kid that will be 20 years old and will only have a quarter of an nba season under his belt

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Greek Freak and Durant both basically fit that description, but do it better. Neither are a listed 7 footer though. Cousins and Embiid are also quite skilled, but both look a bit more clumsy than Lauri when doing so sometimes. Lauri's definitely a talent though, can't deny that.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t go that far...however, the Zach and Lauri pick and roll has been pretty lethal of late. The few times teams have been able to defend those two on it, the ball gets kicked out to an open Otto porter for 3. The offense is rolling since the trade. If they can improve even just a little bit defensively, watch out. Hopefully, carter jr. will help the defense some next year. His development will be key...it’s a good bit to ask of a kid that will be 20 years old and will only have a quarter of an nba season under his belt

I have not seen enough lately, but when it does work the best was when Otto was waiting for a three point shot. They seem to want to have Porter doing the handling on the pick and roll and that is not going to work. Its almost like, you are our highest paid player (well, other than people we paid to leave) you should be able to do this stuff.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I have not seen enough lately, but when it does work the best was when Otto was waiting for a three point shot. They seem to want to have Porter doing the handling on the pick and roll and that is not going to work. Its almost like, you are our highest paid player (well, other than people we paid to leave) you should be able to do this stuff.

Otto does just fine running the pick and roll. The difference and reason you see him running it some, is Otto is the guy left out there with the bench guys. When it’s him and the bench out there, Otto IS the offense. The issue is, when it’s the bench out there with him...who does he have to kick the ball out to? Seldon is the best option for him to pass out to, and that’s not going to get it done. Hopefully, the bulls can find some more depth in the offseason to avoid that issue next year

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Trae Young has been tearing shit up. Proving all his doubters wrong. And as I type this that piece of shit Dunn missed another wide open layup lol

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Jesus Trae Young took this game over. Holy shit

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Jesus Trae Young took this game over. Holy shit

I believe you mean Otto porter took it over...hell of an entertaining game. On to OT now

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This team is so poorly coached that it's embarrassing to watch. Why is LaVine and not Porter seeing the ball? And that ole defense is pathetic.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This team is so poorly coached that it's embarrassing to watch. Why is LaVine and not Porter seeing the ball? And that ole defense is pathetic.

What game are you watching? The bulls game has been extremely fun to watch.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What game are you watching? The bulls game has been extremely fun to watch.

yeah, sure. If you enjoy a coach that has no control over his team. Boylen is a joke....first it's the slow down game, now it's run and gun...he is clueless.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
yeah, sure. If you enjoy a coach that has no control over his team. Boylen is a joke....first it's the slow down game, now it's run and gun...he is clueless.

What would you have him do? You know, with your coaching prowess. Not saying he’s great, but what would you have him do, considering he has nothing on his bench to work with? They are winning games at least

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
On to the 4th OT

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hell of an entertaining game, and another win for the bulls. 5-1 in their last 6 games. These two teams play again Sunday, tune in and enjoy the show...especially if you missed tonight’s game

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That was extremely entertaining last night. I know it screws up the tank but I think it would have been awful for these young guys to lose after 4 OTs and all that effort. Zach was done at the end. I’m impressed with Otto Porter Jr. The guy plays the game so effortlessly and under control. His willingness to always defend is rubbing off on these guys too. He racks up stats but he does it in the flow of the game. Hitting three free throws to put the game into OT was incredibly clutch too. They are definitely fun to watch now.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Holy shit, two teams that were killing themselves to drop their chances in the draft lottery.

Did not like the coach showing now balls pulling Lavine when he was dragging his feet, but also allowing him to handle the ball thru pressure when Arch was on the floor. All Zach does is dribble right handed up the court.

My guess is both teams struggle to get to 100 tomorrow afternoon.