2018-19 Season Long Game Thread

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Zach Lavine clutch

I don't really want to knock Zach but that was arguably the worst defense ive ever seen.

I guess props for not blowing the layup.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I don't really want to knock Zach but that was arguably the worst defense ive ever seen.

I guess props for not blowing the layup.

The defense was terrible...just bad communication on the sixes part. Lavine did hit several shots before that in crunch time though

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The defense was terrible...just bad communication on the sixes part. Lavine did hit several shots before that in crunch time though

I regret saying let him walk forsure. I wasn't aware that his contract was a flat salary until a few days. 19.5 a year isn't too bad really.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Zach LaVine is fun to watch.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The key to me was taking that last ball to the basket, make it or get fouled. I think out of the last 20 chances he had to do that, it was a pull up jumper. At least it makes it seem like he is listening. What a clusterfuck last half second though. Why allow the interviews, players to leave the court before starting the game up again when it was pretty clear the buzzer sounded as soon as the pass was made. I still think Robin hit it with his left hand, but they did not have to wait for all the fans to leave.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The key to me was taking that last ball to the basket, make it or get fouled. I think out of the last 20 chances he had to do that, it was a pull up jumper. At least it makes it seem like he is listening. What a clusterfuck last half second though. Why allow the interviews, players to leave the court before starting the game up again when it was pretty clear the buzzer sounded as soon as the pass was made. I still think Robin hit it with his left hand, but they did not have to wait for all the fans to leave.

I mean, Zach went to the line 13 times last night, so I’d say he was taking it to the rim a lot more than just the final play of the game

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I mean, Zach went to the line 13 times last night, so I’d say he was taking it to the rim a lot more than just the final play of the game

he always took the ball to the basket during the game, he was settling for fall away jumpers with the last shot, over triple coverage with two team mates wide open that has been the biggest complaint. Going to the rack at the end was what was missing. I am not bashing him, just am finally seeing him share the ball, get assists and play to his strength at the end of the game.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Should be an interesting game tonight against a pistons squad fighting for playoff positioning. Teams have been more physical with lauri recently, and he has struggled some with it. I’m interested to see how he responds to griffin and Drummond down low tonight

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Dominant first half. Up 17 on 65.1% shooting
Otto 16 6 and 3
LM 14 and 4
ZL 12 points

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
This L is on the HC 100%!

How can you keep the complete starting 5 that long out of the game???

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This L is on the HC 100%!

How can you keep the complete starting 5 that long out of the game???

I could see Pax wanting to beat Jimmy, but if Boylen wants to keep his job, there are team orders in place.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That third quarter got out of hand quick..

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That third quarter got out of hand quick..

Sure did. No Zach LaVine really shows up in those parts of the game when they can’t score, he’s the guy that can go take it to the rim and score/get fouled to end a drought.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Word through the grapevine is that Bill Self will be the new Bulls coach.

I say BS until it gains more credible sourcing. Hard to imagine they would hire a college coach after Hoiberg or that a college coach would even want to come here. An odd out-of-nowhere rumor though.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
even if they were trying a college coach, Bill Self hasn't really been that great lately in the NCAA. He's no Brad Stevens