Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know this is late, but any team would be stupid to trade for Chris Paul, since the Rockets made him available. The Rockets are stupid for giving him that monster contract. He's 34-years old and is owed 120+ million dollars over the next three years. He is coming off his worst scoring season ever and is good to miss ~a quarter of the games he plays in, at this point in his career. The Rockets window is closed with him and that contract.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s the nba there is always someone.
Some team might do it during his last year, but only to dump some bad contracts of their own.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I saw OnSmash (never heard of them but they're verified on twitter) was saying the Bulls had a deal in place that would send Kris Dunn and Markannen to the Rockets for Chris Paul but backed out at the last moment. I would have lost my shit if that happened.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I saw OnSmash (never heard of them but they're verified on twitter) was saying the Bulls had a deal in place that would send Kris Dunn and Markannen to the Rockets for Chris Paul but backed out at the last moment. I would have lost my shit if that happened.

No fucking way bro lol

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I know this is late, but any team would be stupid to trade for Chris Paul, since the Rockets made him available. The Rockets are stupid for giving him that monster contract. He's 34-years old and is owed 120+ million dollars over the next three years. He is coming off his worst scoring season ever and is good to miss ~a quarter of the games he plays in, at this point in his career. The Rockets window is closed with him and that contract.

If I was GM of the Bulls I would trade for him. It would cost the Rockets 3 first-round picks. We are not going to compete for an NBA title in the next three years anyway, might as well load up draft assets for the future,

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If I was GM of the Bulls I would trade for him. It would cost the Rockets 3 first-round picks. We are not going to compete for an NBA title in the next three years anyway, might as well load up draft assets for the future,

I wouldn't be completely against them trading for him, but giving up Markannen for him would be Special person. 22 year old 7 footer who can shoot and has a high upside in excha

I wouldn't be totally against the Bulls trading for him. I just think it would be completely stupid to trade a 22 year old on a rookie deal with high upside for a 34 year old on a huge contract.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If I was GM of the Bulls I would trade for him. It would cost the Rockets 3 first-round picks. We are not going to compete for an NBA title in the next three years anyway, might as well load up draft assets for the future.

David Kahn approves.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be completely against them trading for him, but giving up Markannen for him would be Special person. 22 year old 7 footer who can shoot and has a high upside in excha

I wouldn't be totally against the Bulls trading for him. I just think it would be completely stupid to trade a 22 year old on a rookie deal with high upside for a 34 year old on a huge contract.

I never mentioned giving up either of those players as part of the trade, we would only give them a basket of garbage in return for the 3 first-rounders and the albatross of a contract.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
So, if i understand your meaning, you think my suggestion is foolish. Ok then, why?

Not foolish, please don't put words in my mouth. I don't think it's a foolish move in general in regards to doing a rebuild. But for this Bulls team, right now, this situation, these brains behind the curtain, it's putting the cart in front of the horse a bit.

When the team is broken and you need to rebuild, IMO, you do it sooner than later. This team has already been in rebuild mode. The issue is the lack of personnel who can develop the players. You can build your arsenal of lottery picks all day long, but without having the system in place to grow talent, and enough of a draw to fill holes in the roster in FA, simply doing what we have been doing is just going to crank out a lot of turds at a much higher rate, even with excellent draft position.

It's basically how Kahn ran the T'Wolves for his tenure.

Reality, Pax is likely not going anywhere. But he's about 4 years behind on needed executive changes to build the system that keeps a team, relevant, regardless of star-power. The Bulls went from being under fire for having a broken coaching system and too many fishing buddies in the FO, to having serious scouts with poor medical and conditioning. Now back migrating to pushing buddies into the system to work with pros. The staff situation is mismatched and the system in place lacks long term and short term vision. You simply don't give away your best player before their prime for unknowns in this situation. You don't bring in a player that is ready to implode your locker room if it's not a destination they want to be a part of, and you don't panic when the big dogs of the league are starting to die off.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Not foolish, please don't put words in my mouth. I don't think it's a foolish move in general in regards to doing a rebuild. But for this Bulls team, right now, this situation, these brains behind the curtain, it's putting the cart in front of the horse a bit.

When the team is broken and you need to rebuild, IMO, you do it sooner than later. This team has already been in rebuild mode. The issue is the lack of personnel who can develop the players. You can build your arsenal of lottery picks all day long, but without having the system in place to grow talent, and enough of a draw to fill holes in the roster in FA, simply doing what we have been doing is just going to crank out a lot of turds at a much higher rate, even with excellent draft position.

It's basically how Kahn ran the T'Wolves for his tenure.

Reality, Pax is likely not going anywhere. But he's about 4 years behind on needed executive changes to build the system that keeps a team, relevant, regardless of star-power. The Bulls went from being under fire for having a broken coaching system and too many fishing buddies in the FO, to having serious scouts with poor medical and conditioning. Now back migrating to pushing buddies into the system to work with pros. The staff situation is mismatched and the system in place lacks long term and short term vision. You simply don't give away your best player before their prime for unknowns in this situation. You don't bring in a player that is ready to implode your locker room if it's not a destination they want to be a part of, and you don't panic when the big dogs of the league are starting to die off.

I agree with pretty much all of that. But what are you referring to in bold? Because I never mentioned anything about trading anything of value for the albatross contract. I said we offer them garbage, which they would take.

And yeah, I know no matter what we do there are no titles on the radar with this FO. We are in title purgatory.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
That OnSmash rumor is total BS - Someone like Woj or Shams would have had something like that.

However If they were to ever do a trade like that i would seriously turn in my fan card (atleast until GarPax are gone).

RacerX

Liked Posts:
This is the type of trade I am advocating for Chi (playthe ATL role and take shite contract for future assets):

Nets acquire Taurean Prince from Hawks for Allen Crabbe, two first-round picks
The most significant feature of this trade for the Nets likely won't be Taurean Prince, but rather whom they'll be able to acquire in free agency as a result of this deal. Prince is very cheap at his $3.5 million salary, especially compared to Allen Crabbe and his absurd $18.5 million figure. Swapping Crabbe for Prince will allow the Nets to pursue one of the big names in free agency. If they land someone like Kyrie Irving, who reportedly wants to go to Brooklyn for some reason, the two first-round choices the Nets surrendered in this deal won't mean anything. Of course, if the Nets whiff in free agency, they'll look incredibly dumb.

The Hawks, meanwhile, are taking on a big salary in order to acquire more assets. They're a young team, and they'll continue to build around Trae Young and John Collins with these extra picks.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
We only have 10 million in cap space, so we can't absorb someone like Crabble or Paul without sending allot of salary back (defeating the purpose of a salary dump). Our "take on big salary" move was trading for Porter.

The reality is that the tank failed and we're probably going to be a team that's ceiling is the 2nd round. My prediction for this offseason is that they are going to sign Patrick Beverley with the cap then fill out the bench with exceptions and make a playoff push next season.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
We only have 10 million in cap space, so we can't absorb someone like Crabble or Paul without sending allot of salary back (defeating the purpose of a salary dump). Our "take on big salary" move was trading for Porter.

The reality is that the tank failed and we're probably going to be a team that's ceiling is the 2nd round. My prediction for this offseason is that they are going to sign Patrick Beverley with the cap then fill out the bench with exceptions and make a playoff push next season.

Mind-numbing to consider how little talent we have on the roster in light of the limited cap space.

#fuckuGarPax.....Feicio @ $24M contract

Edit: Tribune reporting that the cap space is between $20-$23M, not $10M.

Last edited:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Oops I think the number im looking at is counting Robin Lopez's cap hold.

So yeah we'll have considerably more cap but i suspect the rest of what i said is right - Otto was the take on big salary move and the rest will be used to fill out the roster to field a playoff team.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So now with two key free agents out for the year free agency went from excitement to meh overnight lol

I think warriors will sign both Thompson and Durant and basically wing it next year.

Now all those tier two free agents might get a pay bump cause allot of teams made cap moves to snag a star.

Where does that put the bulls? Out of tier two free agents and over paying tier three free agents lmfao

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls can always give Patrick Beverley a max contract:benny:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So now with two key free agents out for the year free agency went from excitement to meh overnight lol

I think warriors will sign both Thompson and Durant and basically wing it next year.

Now all those tier two free agents might get a pay bump cause allot of teams made cap moves to snag a star.

Where does that put the bulls? Out of tier two free agents and over paying tier three free agents lmfao

It'll still be an interesting summer. I think Klay was always going to re-sign with the Warriors. KD still may sign elsewhere.