2018 Bears Re-Watch Season is Starting This Weekend

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
While re-watching this season and its inevitable conclusion, do not miss the first and most painful point.

Don't leave a long kick on your kicker to bail you out. If I could get philosophical for a moment...isn't the Bears circus kicking competition in a way sweet justice? They went 2 of 8 the first day. I mean...of course they should be better, but if watching that doesn't make you sick as a player and realize it wasn't about Parkey...they left it on Parkey and look at these fucking kickers...you want them deciding the game?

So don't leave it on them. Win the game. Put away the game. If it comes to that...then you squeeze every meter, every foot that you can. The offense could have gotten a few more yards...they could have squeezed in one more play. They could have made it 37...or 33....or 27...and every yard matters. And they didn't have that urgency. They didn't run those plays and take a chance on a big gain.

Every second matters. Do your job and do it better and yeah...we will find a better kicker. But you all need to find one more yard in you too. Focus on what you can do. We will fix the kicks. Lets go!!

That is the thorny thesis of the Bears 2018-19 campaign.

I see what you are saying, but I disagree that they didn't already know that by the Eagles game. I distinctly remember at least one shot to the endzone trying to hit a TD before having to resort to Parkey's leg. Unless your thesis includes taking the shot and forgoing the kicker forever (which I would disagree) it seems Nagy and smarter fans were already in that zone; just that unfortunately, Mitch made a horrible readon the TD shotor Nagy called a terrible play (I am not sure which) but after that they simply had to rely on Parkey for the win mathematically, he makes more kicks than Mitch makes hail marys just a fact.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
One thing that strikes me when I re-watch many games from last season is how much the offense is bailed out by Mitch's legs. Hopefully that's not a trend that continues.

Watching youtube highlights throughout the year, I saw Mitch have great pocket awareness and scramble when a throw is not there (? or TBD really if it was there or not). I want to kind of see chicken-or-egg style on scrambles if it was QB not seeing things or WR not running good routes and staying covered or what .... and by homw much percent over the course of each game and then by what percent over the course of the 2018 season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather bury tongue in Cardi B's asshole than re-watch the season opener against GB and the playoff game

Its not rational, but looking back, that GB game burns more than the playoff loss for me. To crumble after that dominant defensive perforce is crushing.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, I got rid of my phone so I wouldn't know the season finale, motherfucker.

Seriously though, I love the all-22 threads and breakdowns. I know you give Adi shit for some "no duh" observations and sometimes he does, but he works WAY hard on his breakdowns and obviously has a pure love for the X's and O's of the best game in the world (edging out hockey ... come at me, mick you soccer dork lol).

I am honestly looking forward to your epic all-22 breakdowns too

He works very hard to point out things that were obvious from the initial broadcast

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He works very hard to point out things that were obvious from the initial broadcast

Originally I tend to agree but his later stuff was far longer and in-depth. Your observation stopped being true for most of last season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not trying to crap on anyone's hobby or whatever. Do whatever is fun.

But insight from pro gametape is pretty damn limited without knowing calls and assignments. Even more so for us amateurs that dont have the experience to even infer them.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not trying to crap on anyone's hobby or whatever. Do whatever is fun.

But insight from pro gametape is pretty damn limited without knowing calls and assignments. Even more so for us amateurs that dont have the experience to even infer them.

I think you are mistaking my intent here. If something goes wrong, not knowing calls and assignments limits our knowledge of who is to blame, yes.

But recording the facts of what happens can be eye-opening. Otherwise why would opposing coaches bother watching game film on opponents since they would be "pretty damn limited without knowing calls and assignments"?

My scoring sheet will have:

0) typical press box tendency tracking
1)personnel groupings,
2)blocking schemes employed by the line
3)routes run by receivers
4)passing zones (3 yards inside hash, 7 yards outside hash , 5 yards inbounds, Middle, Just outside the hash, The field #’s, and Depth of routes)
5) throw Left vs. Right
6) scramble Left vs. Right

and a bunch of other things that I will also spreadsheet. A hobby of passing interest for me that may yield an actual position in HS football as a film coach this coming year.

@botfly10 I understand the "no duh" moments here on CCS or even watching NFL Network. Please read what I do and call me out on it. If I can't be useful nor can't get better, then there would be no reason to work for the school.