2018 Bears Re-Watch Season is Starting This Weekend

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't wanna spoil anything for you OP, but I think the Bears end in a 1st round exit.

I am picking up the pass for this upcoming season tho, expect some epic all-22 breakdowns!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I don't wanna spoil anything for you OP, but I think the Bears end in a 1st round exit.

I am picking up the pass for this upcoming season tho, expect some epic all-22 breakdowns!

Dude, I got rid of my phone so I wouldn't know the season finale, motherfucker.

Seriously though, I love the all-22 threads and breakdowns. I know you give Adi shit for some "no duh" observations and sometimes he does, but he works WAY hard on his breakdowns and obviously has a pure love for the X's and O's of the best game in the world (edging out hockey ... come at me, mick you soccer dork lol).

I am honestly looking forward to your epic all-22 breakdowns too

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

PS - when the season starts we should have an all-22 crew who breaks down the top 5 plays of the game. Like divvy up the plays and post. I am a tech Special person so I might need tips on screenshotting and inputting color-coded arrows like @Adipost did.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thanks, Vu! I will be as clinical and professional as I can be, and I hope others with GamePass will join and chime in with any differences they can see like Adipost maybe? It seems like he has all-22, but all others will be welcomed.

I wish we could do it live together with beer and food catered by @HeHateMe
I've been really into toesbars lately.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pretty certain I may have outed myself as a completely uncultured food guy there

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
PS - when the season starts we should have an all-22 crew who breaks down the top 5 plays of the game. Like divvy up the plays and post. I am a tech Special person so I might need tips on screenshotting and inputting color-coded arrows like @Adipost did.
I'd like to do film instead of screenshots, but we'll see. The NFL takes redistribution of that shit very very seriously, even in gif form. Usually it gets striked immediately.

Screenshots just don't do the film justice, even with arrows pointing everywhere and players having circles drawn over them. Hopefully I can figure something out.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty certain I may have outed myself as a completely uncultured food guy there
Don't worry, toesbars are something like a meme, maybe you've never heard of doritoes or even tostinoes pizza rolls

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not at all. Maybe u just haven't enjoyed various flavors of doritos, cheetos, freetos, taquitos, and mentos before, all in one sitting.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have no words. I am clearly missing something.

Should I risk a Google track at work or is toesbars worth getting a new smartphone?

CCS decisions intersecting with real life ...

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have no words. I am clearly missing something.

Should I risk a Google track at work or is toesbars worth getting a new smartphone?

CCS decisions intersecting with real life ...
You can google it, but it will probably just lead u back to CCS buddy..

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd rather bury tongue in Cardi B's asshole than re-watch the season opener against GB and the playoff game
That reminds me of a joke.

What do the Mafia and pussies have in common?

One slip of the tongue and you're in deep shit

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I cut the cable and got Gamepass last year (still good till 31 July), but I never did figure out the all 22. I am out of Market, so this is my only option for the non-primetime games.

I'm not any good at presenting plays, but I love the Adipost break downs!!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not any good at presenting plays, but I love the Adipost break downs!!

I probably won't be much better myself, but use your all-22 to see if I miss anything or am interpreting the pre-snap movements etc incorrectly.

I will be doing tendency reporting but would love to analyze the top 2-3 plays that were critical to the outcome design-wise:

ie the Fuller drop is too easy to diagnose as simple error on his part but the 3rd down failure that would have burned the clock and kept a game-winning drive off the table for Rodgers needs a diagnosis on what all went wrong imo

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I probably won't be much better myself, but use your all-22 to see if I miss anything or am interpreting the pre-snap movements etc incorrectly.

I will be doing tendency reporting but would love to analyze the top 2-3 plays that were critical to the outcome design-wise:

ie the Fuller drop is too easy to diagnose as simple error on his part but the 3rd down failure that would have burned the clock and kept a game-winning drive off the table for Rodgers needs a diagnosis on what all went wrong imo
Identifying a few plays and overall play of say the O-line or RB's ect sounds like it would be a blast. I'll need to go look at the all-22 again, because it did not come up for me last year, maybe I was looking to early....?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Identifying a few plays and overall play of say the O-line or RB's ect sounds like it would be a blast. I'll need to go look at the all-22 again, because it did not come up for me last year, maybe I was looking to early....?

I have no idea. I have never owned before so never in season. @Novak said he will be getting during the season too. @Adipost probably knows the release timing of the all-22 after the gamedays wrap up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While re-watching this season and its inevitable conclusion, do not miss the first and most painful point.

Don't leave a long kick on your kicker to bail you out. If I could get philosophical for a moment...isn't the Bears circus kicking competition in a way sweet justice? They went 2 of 8 the first day. I mean...of course they should be better, but if watching that doesn't make you sick as a player and realize it wasn't about Parkey...they left it on Parkey and look at these fucking kickers...you want them deciding the game?

So don't leave it on them. Win the game. Put away the game. If it comes to that...then you squeeze every meter, every foot that you can. The offense could have gotten a few more yards...they could have squeezed in one more play. They could have made it 37...or 33....or 27...and every yard matters. And they didn't have that urgency. They didn't run those plays and take a chance on a big gain.

Every second matters. Do your job and do it better and yeah...we will find a better kicker. But you all need to find one more yard in you too. Focus on what you can do. We will fix the kicks. Lets go!!

That is the thorny thesis of the Bears 2018-19 campaign.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
While re-watching this season and its inevitable conclusion, do not miss the first and most painful point.

Don't leave a long kick on your kicker to bail you out. If I could get philosophical for a moment...isn't the Bears circus kicking competition in a way sweet justice? They went 2 of 8 the first day. I mean...of course they should be better, but if watching that doesn't make you sick as a player and realize it wasn't about Parkey...they left it on Parkey and look at these fucking kickers...you want them deciding the game?

So don't leave it on them. Win the game. Put away the game. If it comes to that...then you squeeze every meter, every foot that you can. The offense could have gotten a few more yards...they could have squeezed in one more play. They could have made it 37...or 33....or 27...and every yard matters. And they didn't have that urgency. They didn't run those plays and take a chance on a big gain.

Every second matters. Do your job and do it better and yeah...we will find a better kicker. But you all need to find one more yard in you too. Focus on what you can do. We will fix the kicks. Lets go!!

That is the thorny thesis of the Bears 2018-19 campaign.
The Pats wouldn't be a dynasty without great kickers making those clutch kicks...

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing that strikes me when I re-watch many games from last season is how much the offense is bailed out by Mitch's legs. Hopefully that's not a trend that continues.