My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
ChiCitySports State of the Union

Hey Guys,

We're going to be doing some re-structuring. Buckle up mofos. I'll start off by saying thank you to anybody whose had anything to do with CCS over the years. Current and past posters and staff members alike. Even amidst arguing or Chicago teams' fuckery in the front office, we have a powerful community. With the rise of social media, most message boards have gone defunct or died. This place is strong, whether we think it is or not. We never wanted to make this place more "strict" than it needed to be. However with the big influx of CBMB people, over time it needed some level of structure and moderation. Given that this is a Message Board and people aren't paid for offering their time to moderate, over time they lose interest and life happens and they don't have time to keep their areas tidy. We are going to start looking into a facelift of the staff. We don't need/want people to come on and moderate people. The goal of moderation moving forward is to guide discussion, create new threads for activity, and general liveliness in their dedicated forum. If this interests you, shoot me a PM. We'll be looking for a mod for each forum, mainly the team forums and then maybe 1 for the off-topic forums.

Myself and Zack haven't been as active as we would like. I run a company that takes a lot of my time, almost have a 2 year old son and generally little free time. I can't post or be on here as much as I would like. I check in but don't have time to drop the mega dope fire posts that I have always been known for. That means less staff to oversee the entire site. Crys has been a major help over the course of the site being in existence. He's done more then he's been asked to do for the betterment of the site. Whether you agree with any of those actions or not, somebody had to step up and provide some level of moderation to keep the place afloat in our absence. Ton of respect for him doing that. We are wanting to take the bull back by the horns and have ownership more in line with the daily happenings. I feel like the dad who wasn't active in their kids' life because I occasionally see snarky shit about me not being around. I still love you lol. I always wanted this place to be more like a sports bar, not a daycare. However I was never going to interject how I wanted it done, if I wasn't even there to assess why things were done a certain way. We want that to change for sure. We're going to make some changes and provide a leniency that lured most of you to post here. What we need in return, is the respect to not take advantage of it and make this site a cess pool of idiocy. We've listened to the feedback, we are making this adjustment BECAUSE of that. However, we won't let the place turn into a no holds barred Hell-in-a-cell cesspool of XBOX Live teenage cussing fuckery.

OVERTURNING ALL BANS.
Any permanent bans current on the docket will be reversed and uplifted immediately. This isn't freedom for those people to come back and wreak havoc or start cyber stalking the people they used to fuck with. With a new staff, we'll start voting on actions to perform compared to just 1 person making the call and doing it. We will need active staff who care about keeping the place decent, we have had that. We haven't had the structure within the staff forum and that comes from the top (Me/Zack) not providing that, to assist in their care for the place with ample help. If each staff member focuses on making their area the best it can be, the overall site/community will be the benefactor of that. People getting unbanned, we're starting with a clean slate. Whoever banned you, this isn't giving you the freedom to fuck with them. It's letting you know we're willing to make this place what we wanted it to be when it first started. What we ask of you, is that if we give you an inch, do NOT take a mile. This isn't saying you can be banned again. If you are over the top, the staff will vote on it compared to 1 person pulling the trigger. If you're banned from a certain forum like B&I, you will get a clean slate. We will not tolerate you derailing quality discussion though.

New Staff Applications
If you are critical and think something sucks, step up and be a part of the solution. We are looking for people who want to aid in the betterment of the site. We don't want you to play daycare/delete posts. We want you to assist in helping put up content/threads and guiding discussions along. We want people to view CCS as a quality site. Not a cess pool of idiocy. If this would interest you, please PM me with what forum and why you want to assist.

Awards/Donators/New Video Ad Unit
We're going to get the Award Hack installed again. Just something to help display seniority of posters, donators, etc. We will also be creating a new Usergroup for Active Donators. A lot of people on the site donated $5 5 years ago and want elite level features. We will get a usergroup of active donators and we'll remove ads and potentially a monthly giveaway where the only people in the random drawing, will be active donators. For instance I have a good idea of a monthly memorabilia giveaway that only active donators are put in on. Higher ticket item for them, and then a completely random for any poster but not as high ticket...but still something. The new video unit is actually profitable. It covers hosting AND makes money. We will use some of the money made to re-invest into the community with cool things like giveaway, new designed skins, features, etc. If you ever have a good idea for something, PM me and we'll put it on our calender. Also will have post count milestone awards and such. Just some small things.

General Activity of Myself/Zack
I'm super busy as I mentioned above but Zack is going to try and be around here full time from this point forward. With the addition of the video unit, and the traction the home page is getting, we'll have a dedicated person pushing daily towards making this place not only the best as possible but future growth on the Home Page, Forum, and Social Media channels. Zack is going to step up and be around way more often. If you have a concern, group both of us into a PM please so one of us can get back to you and help assist.

New Skins
I am working currently on getting some new skins being designed. Be on the look out for those. Some nice new graphics, facelift, etc. All on the way.

Slight Forum Changes
Leagues, Drafts, FF had 1 active thread. We've condensed this. You can talk about Fantasy Football in the All Sports Forum. I removed Around The League as a subforum in the Bears forum, that can now be discussed in the All Sports Forum. We are trying to stop spreading forums so thin so that way more can be quickly discussed/navigated. We got rid of the gaming forum, that can be posted about in The Bar. We saw the more we spread it out, the less it was utilized.

What will NOT be tolerated, with more leniency.
- Talking shit about whoever banned you. We're giving everybody the chance to have a clean slate. In the current state of things, that is how we wanted things done. With a level of leniency, things won't be the same. We expect you to not be a dick and be an adult about it.
- Following people around to multiple forums. Wherever your argument with that person is, contain it. If you let it spill from the B&I forum, into a Sports forum, we will step in, in that scenario.
- Stop making us "moderate". Staff should be working on making the forum the best it can be with activity, good discussion points, ideas for giveaways, etc. Not moderating an argument and then wasting time tracking that argument across 3-4 forums. Keep your shit contained to wherever it is.
- Racism. Don't fuck with us and play stupid. Be a decent human please.
- Going in the team forums and talking shit if you aren't a fan of that team. Just trying to piss others off, even in this new leniency discussion, will not be appreciated or tolerated.
-------------------

We're ready to get this place back to where we want it going. We don't want any negative vibes anywhere. Unbanned folks coming back.....don't be dicks. Please see this as an olive branch of us TRULY wanting a marriage between having fun and talking shit...but not letting it go too far where it is a detriment to the entire site. Let's have fun posting like the glory days please.

Also I want to end all of this with the following...

Huge prayers/thoughts out to Crys at the moment. Had an ER stint from a Car Wreck. Didn't plan for this re-structure to happen with him not in the saddle but he dropped a note today. Heal up man.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nice.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
How can you immediately help? Stop shitposting if you are. Encourage discussion, don't be a dick. Pass the word onto a friend to join. We want to get some new blood going while shaking things up. We've been doing this since 2010. Nearly a decade and for some of you who have posted at CBMB together for longer...much longer than that. An added breath of fresh life will help. New skins on the way, some cool giveaway stuff for new donator levels, and non-donators.

Also if somebody is going over the top and needs a vacation. They'll be banished to the Off-Topic forums. We don't want to permaban people. This is showing a willingness to work with both sides. The sides that want more moderation and the sides that want less of it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So you are going to unban people and their 50 alts to go with it? Lol that could be messy

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
So you are going to unban people and their 50 alts to go with it? Lol that could be messy

1 username. We still have the software that tips us off to alts. Won't allow people to utilize more then 1 username.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
what happened to the main FF thread?

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's in the All Sports Forum. I'll sticky it.

Sorry, I just made another one. You can delete if you find the Original.

I have reports of banned users without access. Care 2 explain?

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Sorry, I just made another one. You can delete if you find the Original.

I have reports of banned users without access. Care 2 explain?

I have reports indicating that I haven't hit the unban button. lol.

Doing that now. Had to post this first.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Some folks canned from certain forums, you'll have to PM me. I have no idea what bans need to be uplifted on the forum permission level.