2019 Cubs = 2004 Cubs

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
If you want to compare situations at least make them valid.

1. 2004 has little resemblance to 2019. It was closer to 2017. They chose to move on from their CF.

2. 2019 they were pay roll blocked. More like what Zell did to Jim Hendry in 2009. Hendry wrecked the team Theo retained.

3. Compare Theo now to Theo Boston is fair. He has made the same errors

That is healthy discussion.

I didn't like the 2004 Cubs team. I'm starting to really dislike the current 2019 Cubs team. You still don't get it. Thanks for posting.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
There like 15 guys on the 2019 Roster that was a part of the 2016 Roster

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
There like 15 guys on the 2019 Roster that was a part of the 2016 Roster

Amazing to think that some of the 2016 guys would still be around in 2019!

I liked Addison Russell in 2016. Not so much in 2019. Amirite?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well as far as like able. Or the ability to like.

That is a self gratifying topic.

I tend to avoid those self imposed limitations and really look at production as a gauge.

I could say I loved the Sammy clown act. But those teams sucked balls. But I really liked seeing Sammy Jack the ball out 50 times.

2004 was a disappointment. Wood and Prior got injured. It really has little to do with likeable or not. Sammy gave up in the end. Basically the team we t to shit because they were supposed to be good and injury to key players prevented it.

This year I'm not sure what your personal gripe is. Bull pen. Sure they slapped bubble gum on it. But I look at it as we expected the crap fest and now they are putting up a string of quality. See what I mean by personal crap placed on it. It really is not being objective

The rotation. Well I'm concerned with Hendricks but this is in line with his career Norm. Come mid May I can start bitching. Yu and Hamels are pretty solid and Q turned a corner. Im actually not upset here.

O. Uhm they are scoring plenty.

So what is it? Joe? Get over it. He wins games.

Russell. Has not played yet.

Heyward..well that was a bad sign but as far as 2019 has produced.

Javy. Not exciting enough for you?

Bryant and Rizzo..guess a slow start has you sad?

Over all I can just say if you don't like a team then don't. Bye. No one cares but yourself at the end of the day.

Now if you just want attention. Cool good luck with that.

But if it is about a slow start... Fucking April still and they are trending up. A slow start means shit come September.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Actually if I wanted self gratifying baseball bring back the roids and Astro turf. Fuck morals and pass the popcorn.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't like the 2004 Cubs team. I'm starting to really dislike the current 2019 Cubs team. You still don't get it. Thanks for posting.

There's really nothing to get.....it's pretty apparent that no one here cares what you like or dislike. Thanks for trolling.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Bryant got re-signed to a monster contract, got hurt a few more times, and never remotely lived up to his potential, you could maybe try comparing him to Rose.

I don't see the Rizzo Rose comparison at all.

Some of the other points are valid and so far the Cubs aren't a lot of fun this year. Still it's a long season and the whole premise of the thread seems like you're trying too hard.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If Bryant got re-signed to a monster contract, got hurt a few more times, and never remotely lived up to his potential, you could maybe try comparing him to Rose.

I don't see the Rizzo Rose comparison at all.

Some of the other points are valid and so far the Cubs aren't a lot of fun this year. Still it's a long season and the whole premise of the thread seems like you're trying too hard.

Rizzo probley is the most underpaid baseball player right now.
25fWAR for 29.4M. keep up the accuracy

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Similar to Bears...Not sure if legit trolling, or just an incredibly short-sighted yet detailed complete overreaction to a 2-7 start.

True, pitching looked shitty early on, while hitting left room for improvement (especially after crashing & burning late last season), but dayum.

New hitting coach this year. Dudes looking alive again. There'll be ups & downs. 162 game season.

How ya feelin' now?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Russell. Has not played yet.

So brilliantly idiotic. I guess I should have simply ignored Russell's spousal abuse and "like" him because he hasn't played yet?
Russell had some great comments yesterday, but I guess now I will be told that I should "like" Russell because the Cubs are winning. This forum continues to carve out its own special little niche, devoid of activity and reasoning.

"The vibe I put out is the vibe my family receives and my friends and teammates receive — and it’s not going to be altered by a troll or an angry beat writer or something like that. And if hometown fans want to boo someone that’s trying to help bring the team a World Series again, then that’s on them. Everyone’s entitled to what they say and what they want to do, whatever. I get it. I definitely get it. But, at the end of the day, I’m here.”

Sounds like Russell would fit in perfectly here, and everyone would apparently welcome him with open arms. Astounding.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So brilliantly idiotic. I guess I should have simply ignored Russell's spousal abuse and "like" him because he hasn't played yet?
Russell had some great comments yesterday, but I guess now I will be told that I should "like" Russell because the Cubs are winning. This forum continues to carve out its own special little niche, devoid of activity and reasoning.

"The vibe I put out is the vibe my family receives and my friends and teammates receive — and it’s not going to be altered by a troll or an angry beat writer or something like that. And if hometown fans want to boo someone that’s trying to help bring the team a World Series again, then that’s on them. Everyone’s entitled to what they say and what they want to do, whatever. I get it. I definitely get it. But, at the end of the day, I’m here.”

Sounds like Russell would fit in perfectly here, and everyone would apparently welcome him with open arms. Astounding.
Dont get pissy because your trolling didnt age well. You miss 100% the shots you dont take.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Dont get pissy because your trolling didnt age well. You miss 100% the shots you dont take.

So no comment on what Russell said yesterday? REALLY?!

If you are still saying I "missed" on my dislike for Addison Russell, does that mean you condone spousal abuse?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

You posted something OK that was quickly proven wrong and now you are bitter and attacking the forum for your self-pwnage? Yikes.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You know regarding Russell. It takes bravery to accept your short comings and still go out there regardless of the reaction.

He could have been a typical coward and hid in the closet. Not facing what he did and trying to proven to himself and others that he can change and evolve from previous mistakes in life.

I prefer to call them battle wounds. Most of us are tattered with the invisible ones.

What he is doing is actually pretty brave and shows strength of character.

Stop trying to belittle him ok. It shows a lack of the same.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Wash, rinse....repeat. No one here cares what you like or dislike about anything. But you can keep on trolling, it's what you do best.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The 2004 team was fucking terrible to watch. It was a horribly constructed roster that Dusty probably had a big hand in assembling. It was a lineup of homers with no Marge to set the table; it was an awful OBP for the team. Runs were scored mainly via HR and good luck manufacturing runs. Advancing the runner usually meant "try to hit a HR every at bat."

Wave 'em Wendell was probably the worst 3B coach of all time; I remember he sent a gimpy Ramirez limping to home plate in a pivotal game vs the Cards in which he was tagged out by about 10 steps. Zambrano couldn't keep his emotions in check and blew several games-- he would get heated then throw uncooked spaghetti down the middle of the plate and then get more pissed when it was predictably crushed out into Waveland. I felt like it was groundhound day with Patterson at the plate. He would swing & miss at every fucking high fastball.

They call Dusty a player's coach because he's too nice to actually hold any of his players accountable for their fuckups. He pitched Prior & Wood until their arms fell off His favorite infield sub was an over the hill Ramon Martinez who offered very little besides the routine defensive plays. Opposing teams would run all over Barrett and Farnsworthless was only good for his fighting highlights (not surprised as he was in remedial math as a High School Senior, I went to his high school). I could go on and on about how much I hated watching that team play, since they were fundamentally challenged. They blew a 16 K game by Mark Prior in an important Sept game vs the fucking Reds and Aaron Harang (he was awful that year). Nomar's acquisition injected some hope but he turned out to be a dud as well. I remember driving up to Wrigley for the last series vs the Braves with a bunch of my Braces friends and they choked. Kerry gave up a 2 run HR against Mike Hampton and it basically ended the season.

Fuck that team.