2019 Free Agency/Trade Edition

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Avangard Omsk traded Blackhawks goaltending prospect Ivan Nalimov to SKA St. Petersburg in exchange for the rights to goaltender Ivan Prosvetova on Saturday.

Does not look like the Hawks will give him the NHL contract he is looking for yet, dont know how much more control they will have with the kid.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Perlini has a 1 year, 1 million dollar contract written all over him. He was awful last season even with his little hot streak. If he thinks he’s worth more, let him go get an offer sheet, and then Stan can decide to let him walk or match.

Problem for Perlini is that no team is gonna give him an offer sheet. His agent surely knows that. Perlini certainly cannot afford to miss camp given this is a make or break season for him.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Perlini has a 1 year, 1 million dollar contract written all over him. He was awful last season even with his little hot streak. If he thinks he’s worth more, let him go get an offer sheet, and then Stan can decide to let him walk or match.

Problem for Perlini is that no team is gonna give him an offer sheet. His agent surely knows that. Perlini certainly cannot afford to miss camp given this is a make or break season for him.
This is what confuses me. I know you go give a 6 million dollar sheet to a player and its gonna cost you a bunch of draft picks, but a million would be like what, a 5th or 6th rounder. I cant see it being much more than we get back if he does make a trade.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's time for Stan to go.

"Bowman should hope so. With this trade, he now has dealt all of the Hawks’ first-round picks from 2011 through 2017. They include Mark McNeill, Phillip Danault, Teuvo Teravainen, Ryan Hartman, Schmaltz and now Jokiharju."
Jesus.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately I think Stan's gambit this offseason will work, and he'll be on for awhile.

We know his neck is in the noose and a failure this season means he's promoted to jizzmopper at the local peepshow booth. However, with loading up like he did I think he's guaranteed just enough of an increase on paper to make the playoffs and maybe even make the 2nd round. That should be just enough to save his hide this season and maybe get an extension.

But with this move it's obvious he's gambling the future for a long shot now. After this season the cap belt gets tighter and Keith, Seabs, and to a lesser extent Toews and Kane get older, and so far none of his acquisitions are true top guys. Even though I had Joker pegged as a Hjammer-type 2nd pair anchor, he and Debrincat are/were the closest to being the next guys--and maybe Dach. How much longer can the 'hawks kick that can down the road?

Plus, Mitchell's still a ?. Boqvist and Beaudin still need to hit and hit well. Joker was a good piece of insurance that Stan traded out thinking it will be Strome (and not Pisani) all over again.

On one hand, I think making the playoffs should help--and I don't really see us missing unless the floor completely falls out. On the other hand, I think Stan's shortsightedness might doom the 'hawks to mediocrity for awhile--especially if Boqvist and Beaudin are parlayed into gamble trades as well.
Appreciated for "promoted to jizzmopper at the local peepshow booth."

We don't know yet on Mitchell, Boqvist, and Beaudin...so lets be happy we have 3 more behind Joker they may like more.

I for one view the KK acquisition as a replacement for the potential bust of at least one of them, or in this case, to wash the expulsion of Joker.

Joker was ready and didn't really have a place in this current build, probably gets beat out by KK even for #7.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hit as far as play well right, its never a prerequisite for hawk defenders to hit.

I dont think we will ever see Bovquist or Beaudin in a hawks sweater. I dont think Byram would have made this team as it stands now.
Yep: Hit as in, "They become a solid piece, if not core piece, to the future 'hawks defensive corps."

And honestly, I don't really care whether or not Joker would have, or Boqvist or Beaudin make the 'hawks team this year. Stan is rightfully in "Win Now" mode. Joker, was, and Boqvist/Beaudin/Mitchell are part of the long game. This season will be telling for the depth we currently have, but Keith/Seabrook are aging out and the more options we got for getting even their erstaz-replacements down the line, the better. Joker (who IMHO was a solid 4 with a potential for #3 with NHL seasoning) was a good piece to have. I get that Joker might not have developed under JC so I'm not upset about his being traded. What I don't get is why Stan sold low on him. He's proven far more than Nylander at this point and for as much as some people on some boards are hyping him up as Strome v2.0 and being blinded by his ceiling; the other very real possibility is that he's nothing more than his floor--a career AHL'er. Stan, as an NHL GM, should know that's a possibility and should also know that Joker proved at least serviceable at the NHL level after a partial season--something Nylander couldn't do after 3. At least get a fucking draft pick as well in the trade!
Appreciated for "promoted to jizzmopper at the local peepshow booth."

We don't know yet on Mitchell, Boqvist, and Beaudin...so lets be happy we have 3 more behind Joker they may like more.

I for one view the KK acquisition as a replacement for the potential bust of at least one of them, or in this case, to wash the expulsion of Joker.

Joker was ready and didn't really have a place in this current build, probably gets beat out by KK even for #7.
1st, thanks!

2nd, I agree. Options are options. The fact that we do have Boqviust, Beaudin, and Mitchell is a saving grace for this.

3rd: Joker should not be a #7 at this point of his career. Only the worst coach imaginable would do that to him. KK is fine for a #7. If Joker was to be a #7, you might as well just put him in the Rockford to get icetime.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah, no new information.

What is the deal with the restricted free agent in Perlini anyway. Do they only have to give him a qualifying offer if he is not signed by december? He is then being paid, what 3/4ths of the money? It makes more sense in other sports where they have to at least give them the offer before free agency starts, but as of now, anyone can sign Perlini to a contract and the hawks just simply have to sign him for that or allow him to leave. Right now they are looking to trade him. If someone wants him, they can just sign him for 2 million, the hawks cant afford that, so he will go anyway. I mean, they added about 10 million to goalie and d man, added 3.9 with Shaw,

There is no big dollars that are going to be involved so I am not even sure about compensation.
According to CapFriendly:
What is a 10.2(c) player?
A player becomes a free agent when their contract expires on July 1 after the last League Year of their contract. A player who does not meet the UFA requirements or the Group 2 RFA requirements displayed in the table above, and has been issued a qualifying offer, is designated a 10.2(c) player. The player is only eligible to negotiate and sign a contract with the club that holds their signing rights. They are ineligible to negotiate a contract (offer sheet) with any other club. They are also ineligible for arbitration. If the player does not receive a qualifying offer by June 25th at 5:00pm ET, they immediately become a UFA.

My assumption is that since it's now July 22nd and CF still has him listed as a RFA, I believe he had qualifying offer tendered to him in the appropriate amount of time but still hasn't signed.

Based on the information on the linked page--the only way this affects the 'hawks is if he doesn't sign before the season starts. If he does, his cap hit may go up for the 1st year of his contract, but it might lower in subsequent seasons.

If he doesn't sign by Dec 1, then he cannot play with any NHL team for the rest of the year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listening to prospect interviews and Byram is sorta your neurotic always busy mind busy body busy mouth high speed mental socialite, whereas Dach is genuine captain hockey guru material. Hughes is arrogant, and Kakko has that shy second language go about his business mentality.

I think they got this right on many levels and as some have said...#3 was the best spot to pick. Love me some kappo, but plenty excited to watch Dach grow into a hockey man.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Listening to prospect interviews and Byram is sorta your neurotic always busy mind busy body busy mouth high speed mental socialite, whereas Dach is genuine captain hockey guru material. Hughes is arrogant, and Kakko has that shy second language go about his business mentality.

I think they got this right on many levels and as some have said...#3 was the best spot to pick. Love me some kappo, but plenty excited to watch Dach grow into a hockey man.
We will remember this when Byram scores his first 4 points against us and Dach is in London.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will remember this when Byram scores his first 4 points against us and Dach is in London.
I was pleased watching prospect scrimmage with how strong on the puck he was, but amazed at his skating at 6'4" and 18yo....makes it look easy and skates fearlessly.

Bovqist>Joker
Bovqist>Byram offensively and his hockey IQ is gaining ground with every opportunity.

I've noticed with Bovqist his teammates aren't huge fans of his...like he scored a goal for London Knights and skated by the bench, receiving zero high fives. he is a bit serious and reserved, stand-offish which allows the jealousy of his status and special treatment to grow perhaps, but once he gets to the Hawks it should be fine.

Prospects kept calling him "Bov-ker"...inside joke or something

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
I was pleased watching prospect scrimmage with how strong on the puck he was, but amazed at his skating at 6'4" and 18yo....makes it look easy and skates fearlessly.

Bovqist>Joker
Bovqist>Byram offensively and his hockey IQ is gaining ground with every opportunity.

I've noticed with Bovqist his teammates aren't huge fans of his...like he scored a goal for London Knights and skated by the bench, receiving zero high fives. he is a bit serious and reserved, stand-offish which allows the jealousy of his status and special treatment to grow perhaps, but once he gets to the Hawks it should be fine.

Prospects kept calling him "Bov-ker"...inside joke or something

Boqvist and Dach were clowning around with each and I noticed several other players seemed to be friendly with Boqvist and vice versa. Watch the video clips from Mon-Thu prospect camp and there are plenty of times when you see him just being one of the guys.

Maybe it was a little awkward in London because of Boqvist being in a new environment and many of the London players played together the season before so he was the "new guy" and that coupled with having that Swedish reserved personality may have made it seem his team mates didn't like him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boqvist and Dach were clowning around with each and I noticed several other players seemed to be friendly with Boqvist and vice versa. Watch the video clips from Mon-Thu prospect camp and there are plenty of times when you see him just being one of the guys.

Maybe it was a little awkward in London because of Boqvist being in a new environment and many of the London players played together the season before so he was the "new guy" and that coupled with having that Swedish reserved personality may have made it seem his team mates didn't like him.

Thankful Soupy got him through it. The Hawks are really running a first rate organization.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because Patrick Kane went there and scored 145 points, Bovquist went there. Sure seems like the way it goes.
Not sure if you know this, but the way the CHL works is that a kid's location determines the CHL league he plays for.

Kaner, being from Buffalo, would have had to play in the OHL. Same thing with Saad, Debrincat, Shaw, Murph, basically anyone from around Ontario.

Crawford, being from Quebec, was in the QMJL.

Anything west of that generally falls into the WHL. Keith played there. Seabrook played there. Toews was actually drafted by Tri Cities but ended up going the college route. Dach, being from Saskatchewan, has to play in the WHL.

I'm a bit hazy on foreign players and how the determination is to play for what CHL team (i.e. both Jokiharju (Finland) and Hossa (Slovak) played for Portland in the WHL) but in general NA kids will play in the league that corresponds to their home. Thus Dach, if he goes to the WHL this year likely plays for Saskatoon again unless Saskatoon trades him to another WHL team.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Faulk just traded from the Hurricanes to the blues, 7 year 6.5 AAV extension signed.

Dont mind about the player, just nice to see division foes to start handcuffing themselves with dollars.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Faulk just traded from the Hurricanes to the blues, 7 year 6.5 AAV extension signed.

Dont mind about the player, just nice to see division foes to start handcuffing themselves with dollars.

Yeah, thats....interesting lol