2019 Free Agency/Trade Edition

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
6. The Blackhawks don’t release an official list of players who have and haven’t received qualifying offers. But my sources have said Blake Hillman, Anthony Louis and Spencer Watson did not receive offers. Cap Friendly reported Wednesday that Luke Johnson also did not receive one. Kampf also didn’t receive a qualifying offer, but the two sides are still working on a new deal, according to a source.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks pitch...

"come penalty kill and win face-offs on a one year deal at a bargain price"

ha. I'm sure their phone won't stop ringing.

oh by the way...you will be the lone warrior out there because we shipped the toughest guy we had out of town.

Dach is a godsend. Just put him out there at 4W and make 90% of the NHL think about it before they do something stupid. You have to be a tough guy or a fighter not to see the danger in Dach even now.

I have seen only 5 of those in my life at that age, but they do exist. Saw a good mate knock three Props from a local mens' semi-pro team, blew 3 different guys shoulders out in one game at 19 years old. A pro talent against semi-pro week-end beer drinkers. Just fucked them, but they were big experienced men of 250-300lbs.

I think Dach is that kind of frame. Not sure if he lifts or if he is mean, which you need and can acquire a taste for. I thought Hayden had that grit or was developing post lesson fight...I'm sad to see him go but still curious and giddy about Quinnville

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
6. The Blackhawks don’t release an official list of players who have and haven’t received qualifying offers. But my sources have said Blake Hillman, Anthony Louis and Spencer Watson did not receive offers. Cap Friendly reported Wednesday that Luke Johnson also did not receive one. Kampf also didn’t receive a qualifying offer, but the two sides are still working on a new deal, according to a source.
is Anthony Louis the biggest surprise there?

I hope Kampf gets done just for the depth and body around there. Still improving player.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize that if Dach doesn't make the NHL squad he has to go back to the Blades and can't go to Rockford.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dach-Toews-Cat
Kurashev-Strome-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Quiennville-AA-Wedin

Sikura (first up from rockford)
PressBox- Fortin, cagguilla,Entwhistle(hayden type), Knott, Glass
1. Keith
2. Murphy
3. Maata
4. DeHaan
5. Gus PP (gotta think they almost have to move Murphy or Gus if Seabs is around)
6. Seabs
7. Joker (rockford)
PressBox- 8. Dahlstrom/Tuulola

Realistically this is what your Hawks look like, or similar, to start the season. If Sikura/Joker start in rockford as designated hat leaves room for 1 more.
(I know Dach wants to make it, but the additions of Kurashev/Kubalik/Wedin and exp of Sikura make it long shot. If the Hawks added Johannson or Perry, that becomes distant...

The Hawks issue is they have about 10-12 bottom 6 forwards, and 4 top 6 forwards. They need trade partners who truly lack depth, might be cap strapped and have 1 year left on a player neither us or them can probably sign.

Stan has found a way to deal from strength again and maybe he holds his cards a while.

AA, Gus are highly likely to be moved if they can be. and/or murphy with a longshot on Seabs even if he waved his NTC.

Hayden isn't here because he isn't a good enough skater to make the top 16 Blackhawk forwards by the look of it.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am just stupified why Quenneville is getting on so many lists. He is a carreer AHL guy. Why is he over Jewels, who did a great Shaw impression when he started his career with Toews. The best pair this team has is Strome and Cat, and they are always getting split apart, and lets just let Patrick Kane be someone that plays all 4 lines because he makes everyone else better.

Then it will be, we gotta sign some more veterans to expose from the expansion draft because we cant lose Joker, Bovquist, Fortin, Entwhistle or Sikora

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am just stupified why Quenneville is getting on so many lists. He is a carreer AHL guy. Why is he over Jewels, who did a great Shaw impression when he started his career with Toews. The best pair this team has is Strome and Cat, and they are always getting split apart, and lets just let Patrick Kane be someone that plays all 4 lines because he makes everyone else better.

Then it will be, we gotta sign some more veterans to expose from the expansion draft because we cant lose Joker, Bovquist, Fortin, Entwhistle or Sikora

I forgot Perlini too. I could go with Sikora up there, and Cat-Strome-Kane as the most sure thing on this team.

Kubalik/Saad/Kurashev/Dach/Perlini/Wedin....tough to call what you do here. but

Saad-Toews-Sikura (god help us)

Cat-Strome-Kane (chemistry line)

Kubalik-Kampf-Wedin (foreign experience and chemistry together)

Perlini-AA-Cagguila (god help us)

Might be the way you start things and go from there.
Tough calls on Kurashev/Dach/Bovquist...they are probably top 10 assets in the system but how soon?

as they appear to be a pair of top 6 forwards and a 2D...but the Hawks may have to wait another year and with expansion, maybe that plays into their hand and should be the certain expectation if so.

So hopefully they protect everybody good, develop everybody they need to in a good place, and piece together something better than above eventually...good chance Kubalik beats out Saad for top 6, and Sikora will be challenged.

The weird thing about Sikora is I feel he does fine on any line, even a 4th line despite his size. His spacing is so good he can even get Kruger/Hayden forward into the zone...he can take your trash and make a line a mild scoring threat.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read a few things, one writer thought Bovquist needs another year, the other was they can use the first 9 games to see if Kirby can stick. What I dont know is does the 9 game "tryout" have to be the first nine games of the season, or is that just what teams use to determine where they should be sending him?
Usually it's either the 1st 9 games, or the last 9 games of the year--and a lot of that depends.

Ideally a player on a slide-eligible deal will see the 1st 9 games. That way once their stint is done they go back and re-integrate with their junior team. The 2nd scenario is when their junior team and NHL team both suck, so they give the kid some of the end-of-season experience.

I can't remember where I read it--so take this with a grain of salt, but I believe that bringing up a slide-eligible deal in the middle of the year is not done unless a team is decimated by injuries--either by some rule I'm not aware of or by custom. There used to be a row about the NHL poaching junior kids in the CHL in the middle of the season and not only causing the CHL teams to be non-competitive, but also stunting the kids development since they are ripped from their junior system, thrown into the NHL system, and then thrown back.

So, with respect to Dach, Boqvist, & Beaudin if they do get a shot chances are it's early in the year. I also believe the rule is that if they don't play for Chicago they go back to their respective junior clubs. Mitchell has already stated he's going back to college. Joker, if not up in Chicago will be down in Rockford--but he's no longer slidable. If any of them are brought up in the last 9 games, it means the 'hawks sucked, Saskatoon sucked, London sucked, and Drummondville sucked--although I think there's an outside chance of Beaudin being able to play for Rockford.

Dach-Toews-Cat
Kurashev-Strome-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Quiennville-AA-Wedin

Sikura (first up from rockford)
PressBox- Fortin, cagguilla,Entwhistle(hayden type), Knott, Glass
1. Keith
2. Murphy
3. Maata
4. DeHaan
5. Gus PP (gotta think they almost have to move Murphy or Gus if Seabs is around)
6. Seabs
7. Joker (rockford)
PressBox- 8. Dahlstrom/Tuulola

Realistically this is what your Hawks look like, or similar, to start the season. If Sikura/Joker start in rockford as designated hat leaves room for 1 more.
(I know Dach wants to make it, but the additions of Kurashev/Kubalik/Wedin and exp of Sikura make it long shot. If the Hawks added Johannson or Perry, that becomes distant...

The Hawks issue is they have about 10-12 bottom 6 forwards, and 4 top 6 forwards. They need trade partners who truly lack depth, might be cap strapped and have 1 year left on a player neither us or them can probably sign.

Stan has found a way to deal from strength again and maybe he holds his cards a while.

AA, Gus are highly likely to be moved if they can be. and/or murphy with a longshot on Seabs even if he waved his NTC.

Hayden isn't here because he isn't a good enough skater to make the top 16 Blackhawk forwards by the look of it.
Why? We want to win, don't we? :) Sikura is an offensive black hole the size of Kruger.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I forgot Perlini too. I could go with Sikora up there, and Cat-Strome-Kane as the most sure thing on this team.

Kubalik/Saad/Kurashev/Dach/Perlini/Wedin....tough to call what you do here. but

Saad-Toews-Sikura (god help us)

Cat-Strome-Kane (chemistry line)

Kubalik-Kampf-Wedin (foreign experience and chemistry together)

Perlini-AA-Cagguila (god help us)

Might be the way you start things and go from there.
Tough calls on Kurashev/Dach/Bovquist...they are probably top 10 assets in the system but how soon?

as they appear to be a pair of top 6 forwards and a 2D...but the Hawks may have to wait another year and with expansion, maybe that plays into their hand and should be the certain expectation if so.

So hopefully they protect everybody good, develop everybody they need to in a good place, and piece together something better than above eventually...good chance Kubalik beats out Saad for top 6, and Sikora will be challenged.

The weird thing about Sikora is I feel he does fine on any line, even a 4th line despite his size. His spacing is so good he can even get Kruger/Hayden forward into the zone...he can take your trash and make a line a mild scoring threat.
I'm having a hard time consolidating the right lines with the right cap figure.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm having a hard time consolidating the right lines with the right cap figure.
My camp battle vision is starting to get on point to what is going on with this team.

(Saad vs Kurashev)-Toews-(Kubalik vs Sikura)

Cat-Strome-Kane

(loser 1LW vs Perlini/Dach)-(Kampf vs Dach vs AA)-(loser 1 RW vs Wedin/Saarela+Barratt/Kurashev)

(all losers +Entwhistle/Cagguila/Fortin) - Losers 3C - (all losers + Quinneville/Martinson/Olafsonn)

1. Keith (PP)
2. Dehaan (PK)

3. Murphy (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Gus (PP)
6. Maata (PK)

7. Joker (I say let Joker play in place of a different veteran every night, let him be the guy that goes everywhere and gives guys nights off. A true...Joker card)

Rockford and Depth- 8. Dahlstrom/Tuulola (2020-21-Bovquist, Mitchell, Vlasic, Beudin)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
A rare good espn article

I think the cap has given the NHL exactly what they wanted, parity. Worst records in January can go and win a cup. It did not hurt that all the one seeds were eliminated quickly, but that was their goal.

Teams just try to juggle it because there is no cap in the playoffs.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not really excited for these free agent targets

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Perry if he could stay healthy, but don't think he can. Pavelski is intriguing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

yeah, I heard Sharks are signing Pavelski anyway and don't like the fit as much as Perry, Nyquist, and Johansson.

Get me Perry and Johansson on 4,000,000 1 year "prove-it" deals...and the cap will be spent for one year, before going to Cat/Strome...and the Hawks would be pretty deep going into the season with lots of upward pressure from youts

It might seem far fetched, but both of those guys could put up big solid offensive #'s and get a term the following year elsewhere, I think it actually works for both sides. All we have to do is be competitive on the first year of deal and sell them on increasing their value.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stan said he is looking for one year deals that can penalty kill and win faceoffs...

my money is on coming away with Johansson as the best fit, but the Perry experiment would be fine with Hawks depth.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This morning I read Chicago is out on Panarin, and they expect to sign Bowman to a multi year extension. Can we make this guy prove it at some point?