4 things that WILL happen in the draft for the Bears.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Bears will trade down in the Third. Too many simliar talents in the 85-125 range. and they will want that extra 4th/early5th for...

Their RB - same as w/ the 85-125 range, there are so many backs that are similar grades but none being for sure 3-down type backs after Jacobs this will push the whole group down.
Harris, Singletary, Henderson, Montgomery, Hill, T. Williams, Weber, et al. At least half or even more will be there in the late 4th early 5th.. but cannot wait because they all will be gone by mid-late 5th.

3rd Rounder (or first pick if trading back to top of 4th) will be a TE - Wilson, Warring, Sternberger, or Oliver - one or two will be available and will be their first selection.

With their original 4th rounder they will go CB/S/Edge (BPA Defense) because that will be best available. J. Williams, I. Marshall, K. Sheffield, I. Johnson (CB's) / W. Harris, J. Johnson, A. Hooker (S's). EDGE only if one of the 3rd/early4th talents fall..

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Woah woah woah, ALL of those things are going to happen? Like, Pace and Nagy did all this work to have no preference on a RB, and would be content to let any of them fall to a lower pick?

Here's my question on your conditionals, because I want to be certain before I roll my eyes so hard they fall out of my head: So Nagy trades down (let's use a material example, trade is to move in the third round with the Rams and get pick 94 and 133 in compensation). You suggest that our third rounder is pretty much the best TE left on a short list, our original fourth rounder is going to be one of a large group of defenders who could all be BPA at once, and that the bulk of all the RB talent is graded similarly and is likely to be available at ~133?

I know you seem amped and you have a bunch of players you think would be good for the team, but this entire post suggests that our HC and FO don't care enough about outcomes to have a preference among the talent available to them. So far, Nagy has been more of the type to target a player, and makes the necessary moves to get him. He is not a passive manager by any stretch of the imagination.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People love to rag on Bears TEs for some Special person reason. They did it with Greg Olson and he turned out to be one of the best TEs in the league when he was actually used. They did it with Burton last offseason then he balled out. Say what you will about Shaheen's injuries but we still don't know what we even have in the guy because he is rarely running routes and is actually targeted even less frequently. I'm going to laugh when Shaheen finally is allowed to run routes with frequency and blows up. That may end up being on another team at the current rate he's being underutilized. But make no mistake he is still an open ended story.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People love to rag on Bears TEs for some Special person reason. They did it with Greg Olson and he turned out to be one of the best TEs in the league when he was actually used. They did it with Burton last offseason then he balled out. Say what you will about Shaheen's injuries but we still don't know what we even have in the guy because he is rarely running routes and is actually targeted even less frequently. I'm going to laugh when Shaheen finally is allowed to run routes with frequency and blows up. That may end up being on another team at the current rate he's being underutilized. But make no mistake he is still an open ended story.
Shaheen is a DUD

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Thus the hateme moniker!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like it could have been,if you can say anything good ****!!!!!!!!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People litearally don't realize how often teams develop a player only to see them leave and become successful on another team. That is how it goes when players are buried on the depth chart. Especially when its behind players making more money that franchises need to get a return on investment from. Shaheen had no business being buried on the depth chart behind Sims because Sims was bad all around but they paid the big oaf a lot of money and kept forcing him onto the field. Burton is another story because he is a true move TE not an inline TE like Sims and Shaheen are.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People litearally don't realize how often teams develop a player only to see them leave and become successful on another team. That is how it goes when players are buried on the depth chart. Especially when its behind players making more money that franchises need to get a return on investment from. Shaheen had no business being buried on the depth chart behind Sims because Sims was bad all around but they paid the big oaf a lot of money and kept forcing him onto the field. Burton is another story because he is a true move TE not an inline TE like Sims and Shaheen are.
I really want to know what people see in Shaheen besides size in the Redzone and some blocking ability that says "Starting NFL TE"

He was picked at #2 to be more than that IMO.

I know that you pride yourself on a certain starting CB developing into an elite talent, so maybe I'm being unfair and thinking you're thinking Shaheen could become great, but he really doesn't seem to have shown much, and his injuries don't seem like the freak kind, more like him being kind of a huge klutz imo...

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Drafting a TE in the 3rd will have ZERO to do with Shaheen. Unless a crazy value at EDGE drops which it wont.. they will take the BPA and it will be one of those TE's

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I agree as of late. People complained that Olsen was too soft and fell down at the slightest contact.

That said, I think pretty much everyone liked Dez Clark (who unfortunately never got the recognition he deserved) and even Zach Miller was pretty well liked alought he never really had much staying power.

Me personally? I don't think Shaheen works out like we all want him to. Guys like Clark and even Martellus Bennett are proof that TE can develop later in their career though.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Drafting a TE in the 3rd will have ZERO to do with Shaheen. Unless a crazy value at EDGE drops which it wont.. they will take the BPA and it will be one of those TE's
How can you say any one player be considered BPA when, in your last post, you claim that all the talent taken from 85-125 are so similar that Pace would rather trade down than pick his guy?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really want to know what people see in Shaheen besides size in the Redzone and some blocking ability that says "Starting NFL TE"

He was picked at #2 to be more than that IMO.

I know that you pride yourself on a certain starting CB developing into an elite talent, so maybe I'm being unfair and thinking you're thinking Shaheen could become great, but he really doesn't seem to have shown much, and his injuries don't seem like the freak kind, more like him being kind of a huge klutz imo...

I can't ignore how awkward he runs with the ball in his hands in the NFL. It really doesn't make sense because if you watch any of his college film he never looked like that. All I'm saying is that his story isn't over in my book. I still think he can turn out to be a good tight end. Whether or not he lives up to his draft status is another story altogether. I can only assume that Pace at some point will pressure Nagy into using him more because he will ultimately have to make a determination on whether or not we are keeping him. Something that is nearly impossible to do when he barely gets to do much more than block and catch an occasional pass.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can't ignore how awkward he runs with the ball in his hands in the NFL. It really doesn't make sense because if you watch any of his college film he never looked like that. All I'm saying is that his story isn't over in my book. I still think he can turn out to be a good tight end. Whether or not he lives up to his draft status is another story altogether. I can only assume that Pace at some point will pressure Nagy into using him more because he will ultimately have to make a determination on whether or not we are keeping him. Something that is nearly impossible to do when he barely gets to do much more than block and catch an occasional pass.
I agree completely. I hope Pace puts Nagy on notice about Shaheen after learning from his mistake with Jordan Howard.

napo55

Liked Posts:
With your unique ability to see into the future, any hot tips on the stock market?