4 things that WILL happen in the draft for the Bears.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why Shaheen is getting so much hate. Everyone knows that tight ends typically take a longer amount of time to develop. We also knew that because Shaheen was from a small school, it would take a little longer as well. Nagy sounded really excited about what he saw from him in practice.He is one of the few players that has low bust potential. He has the upside of a Gronk-lite or at worst becomes a blocking tight end with redzone upside. You still need those guys on a roster.

Shaheen isn't the problem. He is a different type of tight end. I would argue that finding quality depth behind Trey Burton - more receiver - is a position to consider drafting since we know how important the U-Tight end is in Nagys offense. Jalen Hurd seems like an option ... are there any other U-Tight ends that are worth a look in the middle/late rounds?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
#TRIGGERED...??

DB70 after he thinks he got a sick burn on someone

179266b.jpg

napo55

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why Shaheen is getting so much hate. Everyone knows that tight ends typically take a longer amount of time to develop. We also knew that because Shaheen was from a small school, it would take a little longer as well. Nagy sounded really excited about what he saw from him in practice.He is one of the few players that has low bust potential. He has the upside of a Gronk-lite or at worst becomes a blocking tight end with redzone upside. You still need those guys on a roster.

Shaheen isn't the problem. He is a different type of tight end. I would argue that finding quality depth behind Trey Burton - more receiver - is a position to consider drafting since we know how important the U-Tight end is in Nagys offense. Jalen Hurd seems like an option ... are there any other U-Tight ends that are worth a look in the middle/late rounds?

Two major concerns with Shaheen.
(1) With his injury history, can he finish a season?
(2) His very slow 40 time at the combine (4.79)

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Two major concerns with Shaheen.
(1) With his injury history, can he finish a season?
(2) His very slow 40 time at the combine (4.79)

4.79 is not a slow 40 time for a 278 pound player. In fact, it's pretty solid. Injuries have been the big issue. If he ends up being a good blocker who contributes in the red zone, that's not a terrible outcome. He needs to stay healthy.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
4.79 is not a slow 40 time for a 278 pound player. In fact, it's pretty solid. Injuries have been the big issue. If he ends up being a good blocker who contributes in the red zone, that's not a terrible outcome. He needs to stay healthy.

He could always transition to a backup guard.

napo55

Liked Posts:

A second round draft choice is way too high for a blocking TE. You can easily get them at the bottom of the draft. Lack of speed is a real liability for a pass catching TE.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
A second round draft choice is way too high for a blocking TE. You can easily get them at the bottom of the draft. Lack of speed is a real liability for a pass catching TE.
Lack of speed (he has ok speed) is NOT a liability for a guy as huge as Shaheen who can also high point the ball well. Practically unguardable by any DB, as he's shown in the red zone.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Not when he baby gronks all over the inside lb's face and destroys a cb and a safety on his way to the end zone.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

O.k. well he can still contribute even if he was drafted to high. I don't know what that has to do with anything. He's got potential to contribute as a pass catcher and a blocker. They rolled the dice on a small school prospect, it doesn't look like he's going to be an impact player, but he still has potential.

A blocking tight end with the potential to create mismatches in the red zone isn't an ideal return on a 2nd round pick, but tons of 2nd rounders never amount to anything in the NFL.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
im willing to watch Shaheen for one more year. To say he has been underwhelming would be an understatement but lets see if this is his year

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Thems the breaks I guess? It stinks if it doesn't work out better that, but the more time that passes the less I care what round he was drafted in. If he helps us win and he earns his spot every off-season the hard way, I'm perfectly content.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Thems the breaks I guess? It stinks if it doesn't work out better that, but the more time that passes the less I care what round he was drafted in. If he helps us win and he earns his spot every off-season the hard way, I'm perfectly content.
Well, he may yet develop. Just saying that such a slow 40 time for a small school TE should have been a concern.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Draft day has been entertaining to watch since Pace has become GM. He trades up, trades down, and is a willing trade partner in all rounds. I like his approach and he seems to get the most out of each draft, even afterwords through UDFA.

With that said, I think this is the year where Pace needs to stay put and use what he has available to him. We have done a lot of spending and it is time we sit tight and position ourselves well for next year's draft. I feel Pace can still find gems wherever he picks, and am sure he will showcase his ability to identify talent regardless.

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
The Warring kid may be a real option and could help fill other roles as well. He has experience as a RB and did well with it and catching out of the backfield as well.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
The Warring kid may be a real option and could help fill other roles as well. He has experience as a RB and did well with it and catching out of the backfield as well.

From the way I've been reading the twitter report posts,it seems as though Pace and Nagy along w/ Pagano are vesting a lot of time in future UDFA's.
The possibility of filling out the roster w/ really good players w/out having to draft them,would make GM and Coach of the Yr,along w/a SB would put the Bears back in the lime light.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Seriously?

Your biggest worry about Shaheen is Matt Nagy passing some sort of unfair judgement on him? Not fit the system? This offense is literally dying for him to fit the system.

Your biggest worry about Shaheen should be the several times you used the phrase "when healthy" in your post. Everything else was complete rubbish.

He has a small point shaheen wasn’t drafted for naggy he was drafted for Fox outdated system

With that said it doesn’t explain after every catch he either falls down awkwardly or gets injured

Guy is a fucking dud. If anyone really believes we are contenders they wouldn’t want us depending on shaheen for jack