49ers boards.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So are you starting to trust him in adverse situations then? Hopefully I can get there soon.

I think he is improving, although it is not clearly linear. As far as my trust goes, I don't think you put the game 100% in his hands to whole way, specifically on the road.

Nagy trusted him enough to throw on third down late to seal the game and he did it. I thought that play was a very big step for Trubisky and Nagy's confidence in him.

Trubisky has had two good games in a row, one at home and one on the road. He is doing well at the right time. The Vikings game will be interesting to see where Trubisky is. I think Nagy opens it up a little and pushes Trubisky to get him ready for tough competition in the post season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Niners fans have resigned themselves to believe that Solomon will be a solid, 5 sack guy.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Niners fans have resigned themselves to believe that Solomon will be a solid, 5 sack guy.

They'd be fortunate to get that. Bilal Nichols has flashed more than that guy as a pass rusher.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Just imagine how salty you would be if you were a 9ers fan and you watched your franchise pass on Watson, trubisky, or Mahomes to draft Solomon fucking Thomas. Lmao.

So fucking bad.

SugarTits is right. I stand with SugarTits

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Just imagine how salty you would be if you were a 9ers fan and you watched your franchise pass on Watson, trubisky, or Mahomes to draft Solomon fucking Thomas. Lmao.

So fucking bad.
At the time of the 2017 draft, I wonder how sure SF was about trading for Garoppolo later in Sept?

Just the same, Solomn isn't looking like a good pick, but they were surely passing on the top QBs.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky is about a thousand times better than Ben Roethlisberger was to start his career. Other than that, there actually is an identical parallel to Roethlisberger's early Steelers years---Super Bowl contending team propelled by their defense and a young quarterback who is growing.

Roethlisberger's first five years in the league:

04 - 2,621 yards; 17 TDs, 11 INTs
05 - 2,385 yards; 17 TDs, 9 INTs - WON SUPER BOWL
06 - 3,513 yards; 18 TDs, 23 INTs
07 - 3,154 yards; 32 TDs, 11 INTs
08 - 3,301 yards; 17 TDs, 15 INTs - WON SUPER BOWL

I was talking with a friend about how Trubisky has Big Ben's escapability. With some more time they could get scramble drills working so instead of running he makes passes instead.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yesterday was big for Trubisky.

The 49ers were going to make him compete a ton of passes underneath and he did that. At one point he went 11 straight completions.

People may see short, or easy passes, I see a lot of passes into tight windows where timing is paramount.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They'd be fortunate to get that. Bilal Nichols has flashed more than that guy as a pass rusher.

Imagine drafting a DE at #3 and being happy with 5 sacks.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Imagine drafting a DE at #3 and being happy with 5 sacks.

Exactly... I know some people were hoping Floyd would be that 8+ sack a year guy, but at least he can do other stuff in the meantime even if he isn't getting to the QB. Thomas wasn't even run stopping very much from what I saw.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Exactly... I know some people were hoping Floyd would be that 8+ sack a year guy, but at least he can do other stuff in the meantime even if he isn't getting to the QB. Thomas wasn't even run stopping very much from what I saw.

He's solid in that aspect, but you don't draft at #3 with the hopes of a run stopper that rarely gets to the QB.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Floyd is coming on, he broke Petis in half yesterday. I think he'll take this season as motivation and rededicate himself in the offseason. He has the best person in the world to get tips from in Khalil Mack

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few thoughts on this thread.

1) I'm very impressed by CCS & felt like thanking nearly all of you on page 7 of this thread.

2) Mitch is as said: equivilent to many highly regarded QBs in the early stages of their career, the Big Ben comparison is great....love the stats posted. He also had a great D, possibly not even as great as Bears D is now, and won a SB by being an average assed game manager with much less mobility and fewer TDs. Ben had a stronger running game though.

3) Great points mentioned about the changes in the league and wanting a 4k yard QB to get any respect. Valid point, but NOT necessary for a good team to make a run in Playoffs.

4) Agreed about the impact of primetime. That Rams game really hurt media perception of Trubs. They see him as the ONLY limiting factor that could comprismise this team in the playoffs. I can't disagree, except to say that he's not as lame duck as they seem to think. I gaurantee most of those talking heads haven't watched every game like we have. Screw them and their hate.

5) Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. This team isn't world-beaters yet, but certainly has a fighting chance vs. ANY TEAM!! Which is fun as all hell at this point....even if we pull our hair out each game, like SF and probably MIN next week....x5 in playoffs!!

6) I'm confident vs. anybody in playoffs but like they say "Any given Sunday". MUST continue to win the turnover battle. On Nagy to dial up the right calls & Mitch to adapt vs what a given D gives em.

Stay pumped all. Great thread.

Speed

Liked Posts:
He's solid in that aspect, but you don't draft at #3 with the hopes of a run stopper that rarely gets to the QB.

IIRC I heard Lynch valued him a lot just because they happened to a class at Stanford so he thought he had some kind of inside scoop on him. Especially after he balled in the Bowl game and performed at the combine. But he was never some consistent havoc creator in the pass rush. If they picked Lattimore or Adams like they should have they'd be 100x better off.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At the time of the 2017 draft, I wonder how sure SF was about trading for Garoppolo later in Sept?

Just the same, Solomn isn't looking like a good pick, but they were surely passing on the top QBs.

They weren't at all. Cousins was their supposed target.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Yesterday was big for Trubisky.

The 49ers were going to make him compete a ton of passes underneath and he did that. At one point he went 11 straight completions.

People may see short, or easy passes, I see a lot of passes into tight windows where timing is paramount.

That many short passes get jumped and picked after a while. You have to be very good at presnap reads and make great decisions. Trubisky did all of that

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

I don’t think that was a known at all. But imagine being a 49er fan and having to live with the fact that lynch passed on 3 QB’s that would be upgraded to their current situation. Imagine passing on Mahomes to draft Solomon Thomas.

If I were a 9er fan I would be desperate for trubisky to fail, otherwise you are living with the fact that lynch passed on him to grab a guy that’s already on another team, and a player that is giving them mid level productivity.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Turdbisky played well. The 49ers D is pretty damn good and the Rams are about to find that out next week!

The 49’s D is ranked 23rd in DVOA. They’re not good.