8-5

czman

Liked Posts:
Tibs needs to throw these refs under the bus after game.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
that call on noah on bosh was beyond awful

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
a Bull can't criticize a ref. D Rose just said he doesn't get as many calls as other stars and he got fined. David Stern only lets Heat players complain.

czman

Liked Posts:
a Bull can't criticize a ref. D Rose just said he doesn't get as many calls as other stars and he got fined. David Stern only lets Heat players complain.

Phil Jackson used to pay the fine every series. He knew he had to. Tibs needs to cut the BS and call the refs out. Pay the money.

czman

Liked Posts:
Not every series, but at least once in the playoffs.

czman

Liked Posts:
How often do you see the more aggressive offensive team at home get called for 10 more fouls? The Heat took a lot more jumpers and still got all of the calls.

I am not one to blame the refs. Usually the refs are bad for both teams. They missed calls that went the Bulls way. There was a stretch of critical bad calls in the 3rd quarter that killed the Bulls.

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
Jordan used to get every call. Now LeBron is the MVP and #1 superstar he gets all the calls. Are you all new to watching the NBA?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
thibs spoke on the refs in post game

basically said they are favoring miami

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jordan used to get every call. Now LeBron is the MVP and #1 superstar he gets all the calls. Are you all new to watching the NBA?
Which is why I'll harp on Norris Cole scoring 18 points the past two games instead of officiating, but some of the calls not involving Lebron have been pretty bad as well. I can expect Lebron, Wade, and Bosh to get away with things, I can't expect that of Cole or Chalmers or whoever isn't a star.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
there will be blood...

SmithStoppedAgain

Liked Posts:
Big difference between "getting calls" and the flopping/acting this guy does. There is nothing more disgraceful to the game I love more than flopping. It makes the NBA unwatchable for me. And for people to say, 'so what everybody flops now in the NBA". Well not everybody is being compared to Jordan like he is. Go to youtube and watch all his flopping and try to imagine Jordan playing the game in this disgusting manner.
Why does someone so big and talented need to resort to that? soft

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Big difference between "getting calls" and the flopping/acting this guy does. There is nothing more disgraceful to the game I love more than flopping. It makes the NBA unwatchable for me. And for people to say, 'so what everybody flops now in the NBA". Well not everybody is being compared to Jordan like he is. Go to youtube and watch all his flopping and try to imagine Jordan playing the game in this disgusting manner.
Why does someone so big and talented need to resort to that? soft
I'd say that Jordan never really flopped like Lebron and other stars in the league do. Perhaps if the rules in the 80s and 90s were like they are now, he would have...hard to say. Jordan did get the phantom touch fouls that every star gets, and while they suck to be on the receiving end of, I'm usually cool with those because I know Rose (were he playing) would get those same calls and so it balances out. The big three get those calls, but they also get some crazy ones on flops and some more on just straight up bad calls like the loose ball foul on Noah because Bosh fell down. Maybe that's just bad reffing more than stars getting calls, but you can never tell in game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
there will be blood...
Scary to say, but I think there might seriously be some blood if we're getting our butts kicked and the frustration hits that point. We're going to look like the sucky version of the bad boy Pistons after this series...

czman

Liked Posts:
thibs spoke on the refs in post game

basically said they are favoring miami

I did not watch the post game. No mood for tv. What did he say. I will try to find it online now too.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did not watch the post game. No mood for tv. What did he say. I will try to find it online now too.
“When you play this team, you have to have a lot of mental, physical and emotional toughness,” Thibodeau said. “And things aren’t going to go your way. We’re not going to get calls. That’s reality. We’ve still got to find a way to get it done. And we can.”

czman

Liked Posts:
i wouldn't be surprised if a brawl breaks out

I hope the Bulls don't go overboard. The Heat outside of Anderson and Hasslem are just flopping now. The overly physical play will bite them if they try it anymore. They need to tough, but keep their wits. If they get out of control it will make this organization look bush league.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

"I see how things are going, I watch very closely," Thibodeau said. "We're not going to get calls, that's reality."

"From my angle, I saw a guy basically flop," Thibodeau said referring to James after Mohammed pushed him. "I don't think it warranted an ejection. I understand a flagrant foul, I understand that, but ejection, no, nope."

------

czman

Liked Posts:
“When you play this team, you have to have a lot of mental, physical and emotional toughness,” Thibodeau said. “And things aren’t going to go your way. We’re not going to get calls. That’s reality. We’ve still got to find a way to get it done. And we can.”

That was more of an attempt to trip the refs so they fall under the bus.

He needed to go full out on them. I don't mean be disrespectful and call them names. I just wanted a little more from the comments. I read the ESPN article and I don't think he went far enough. I think he needed to talk about the flopping that is happening to Boozer when the Heat put smaller guys on him. The way James was shoving Marco around and Marco got calls. He needed to address the moving screens that Hasslem was been setting that got Butler and Nate foul calls.

He should not have talked about that shove on James at all. That ejection was the right call. He needs to focus on the disparity that is hurting the Bulls. The non star calls that the Heat are getting by flopping and moving screens.