Net +/-

1. Brad Miller +35.2
2. Ben Gordon +6.5
3. Kirk Hinrich +2.7
4. Derrick Rose -5.6
5. Tyrus Thomas -21.9
6. John Salmons -28.2
7. Joakim Noah -34.2

If you look at the production by position....

We lost the series mainly at the point guard spot, where we had a -5.5 net per. We also lost the series at small forward, going -4.6, and at center, going -3.4.

We won the series at the shooting guard position +4.1 and at power forward, +0.9.

http://www.82games.com/0809/playoffs/0809CHI.HTM

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
The real key stat is the +35.2 for Brad Miller. I got slammed for calling him the MVP of this series, and well the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The real key stat is the +35.2 for Brad Miller. I got slammed for calling him the MVP of this series, and well the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Brad Miller was not the MVP of that series, he was the key reason they LOST some of those games, I hate that plus/minus stuff anyway, they should leave that for hockey.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Brad Miller was not the MVP of that series, he was the key reason they LOST some of those games, I hate that plus/minus stuff anyway, they should leave that for hockey.

It's more flawed in basketball that's true especially on teams with a dominant player like Clev, Mia, LAL, etc. But on the team like the Bulls, with no single dominant player, it can be a decent measuring stick of production while on the floor. The offensive rebounds virtually stopped when Miller stepped on the floor. Why the hell do u think they went with him & Noah most of the time? Because they played better with him on the floor.

The Bulls were +13.7 when B-Rad was on the court, -21.5 when off it. And as for being a key reason for losses? When? And if you're speaking of having to shoot 2 FTs while swallowing blood after Rondo tried to rip his face off, I'd love to see you go up there and sink those FT's. And he made up for it the next game by propelling us to OT and sinking key FT's to ice the game.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
No, I am speaking of his inability to handle the ball in pick and roll situations. That is his only purpose on offense, hit the jumper or do that fake move where he gets to the rim about as fast as a glacier. He mishandled the ball and he missed his shots when he was open. I like Brad Miller, but he was not the MVP of that series.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
If you look at the production by position....

We lost the series mainly at the point guard spot, where we had a -5.5 net per. We also lost the series at small forward, going -4.6, and at center, going -3.4.

We won the series at the shooting guard position +4.1 and at power forward, +0.9.

http://www.82games.com/0809/playoffs/0809CHI.HTM
I got flamed for it but I will say it again, Derrick Rose is bottom 5 defensively at his position. That really held us back, that being said, I am confident he will recognize that and be at least average defensively for a pg. If Noah and TT can consistently control the paint defensively that will help greatly too.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I found the clutch statistics. I know Fred loves these.

Ben Gordon - 44 PTS/48 on 62.7 TS% (Hands Rating = 19.0)
Brad Miller - 10.3 PTs/48 on 60.7 TS% (Hand Rating = -0.2)
Kirk Hinrich - 5.7 Pts/48 on 43.6 TS% (Hands Rating = 12.1)
Tyrus Thomas - 34.6 Pts/48 on 53.3 TS% (Hands Rating = -7.5)
Joakim Noah - 10.9 Pts/48 on 59.2 TS% (Hands Rating = 4.5)
Derrick Rose - 15.4 Pts/48 on 48.2 TS% (Hands Rating = 10.4)
John Salmons - 22.5 Pts/48 on 60.9 TS% (Hands Rating = 9.8)

Kirk Hinrich was easily the worst player on the team in the playoffs in the clutch. Derrick Rose wasn't too far behind.

I think this speaks volumed to Ben Gordon's value to the team, especially when the two other guards on the roster were the two most unclutch players on the team.

Ben Gordon was not only the biggest scorer in volume, but he was also the most efficient, and also the guy who took care of the ball the best.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Kirk Hinrich was easily the worst player on the team in the playoffs in the clutch. Derrick Rose wasn't too far behind.

Going by those stats I think I'd rank Rose worse. He's not much more efficient than Kirk (ie still well below his better team mates), but was taking about 3 times as many shots. At least Kirk didn't try to shoot.