[A] Blackhawks make franchise history

Sarahanna

Liked Posts:
A tired Blackhawks team stepped onto home ice to take on the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday in less than 24 hours of beating the Columbus Blue Jackets. Duncan Keith gave the Hawks a one-point lead off of a power-play goal early in the first period. Nick Leddy then scored his first goal of the season and the game-winning goal 2:15 into overtime as Chicago defeated the Red Wings 2-1. The Blackhawks are now 6-0-0 making it their best start in franchise history.

It was noticeable that the Blackhawks were running out of fuel from playing six games in just nine days. The Blackhawks got into major penalty trouble in the second half, which saw the team killing off penalties more than scoring offensive chances. The team had to fight off six Detroit power plays, which a 5 on 3 against the Red Wings.

The Blackhawks looked rough at the beginning of the third period as they had four icing calls and saw the Red Wings on the attack. Unable to clear the puck from their own zone, the Red Wings got on the board by Damien’s Brunner’s shot off of Keith’s skate to Johan Franzen to tie the game up in the third.

Crawford looked confident and strong in front of the net as he fought off 29 of 30 shots on goal. The Blackhawks now go on a six game road trip as they take on the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday to extend their winning streak to 7-0-0.

***​

[follow="@sarahanna44"]

Click here to view the article

Ton

Liked Posts:
Six game roadie on the way? Christ... what a schedule. What is that, like 2 games at home in their first 12?

Makes the 6-0-0 start that much more important.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Also I think they were saying the best start in NHL history was 10 games isn't it? Or maybe 12... something like that. I don't really see us making NHL history especially since we are hitting the road and there's a few pretty tough match-ups spotted in there.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
WOOOOOOOOOW... I can't imagine anyone has come too close to those lately? Shit... 35 straight games without a regulation loss?

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WOOOOOOOOOW... I can't imagine anyone has come too close to those lately? Shit... 35 straight games without a regulation loss?

Yea, that is what I thought when I saw them. Then when you look at the teams, it really is not too surprising.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Nope not at all... dream teams practically...

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
needed a great start, road trip will be hard

we get 6-8 points i'll be a very happy camper