SP1: Andrew Cashner
SP2: Jay Jackson
SP3: Randy Wells
SP4: Thomas Diamond
SP5: Dae-Eun Rhee
CL: Carlos Marmol
C: Geovany Soto
1B: Josh Vitters
2B: Hak-Ju Lee (I'm no longer that high on his D, and seeing how hard it is for Castro to learn SS, just keep him there and don't go through the process again with Lee)
SS: Starlin Castro
3B: Junior Lake
LF: Ty Wright (or Alfonso Soriano in the last year of his contract)
CF: Brett Jackson
RF: Tyler Colvin

Now that's a Good team.

You forgot Chris Archer. He, in my opinion, has the highest upside of any pitcher in the system.

And the funny thing is, that's not even including prospects that we could get from the Pacific/Caribbean and doesn't include people from this years draft and the coming years. Still, half the team probably won't pan out but it's fun to dream.

Last edited:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
How about putting Archer as SP5 instead of Rhee then?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I had Diamond as SP4

JB94

Liked Posts:
I know, I just worded that wrong. I'd put Archer in for Rhee and have a rotation of Cashner, Jackson, Archer, Wells, Diamond.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya I know, isn't is awesome!

No, obviously I know some, if not most, of them will fail, but still, the Cubs can patch that up with FA's once they are ready to compete again.

Because we have all seen how great the Cubs are at getting Free Agents....

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
1 Word: Byrd

JB94

Liked Posts:
Chris Archer's scoreless streak snapped today at 31 innings. Still, it was a pretty nice streak.

He's posting a 0.27 ERA in 33.1 innings since getting promoted from A+ Daytona to AA Tennessee. The only downside is his 31/18 K/BB ratio isn't that great, but he's only given up 21 hits for a decent 1.18 WHIP. Probably got a bit lucky, but didn't expect this after getting promoted, especially this late into the season when pitchers tend to run out of gas.

DrKaraoke

Liked Posts:
I disagree I think Big Z should be the end of the rotation and just let him be. The town and the club put alot of weight on him and he cracked. I think the cubs are just as much to blame for his meltdowns and Z is. It was early in the year and Z had been a slow starter LIKE ALWAYS let him roll or send him too AAA to work on somethings or put him on the pretend DL (it happens). By throwing him in the pen you took what little he may have had and basically told him YOU SUCK. Now his mentally off and confidence is shot. There is no doubt he will go to another team and be a stud.. Its the way Cubs things happen?? SUCKS!

JB94

Liked Posts:
I disagree I think Big Z should be the end of the rotation and just let him be. The town and the club put alot of weight on him and he cracked. I think the cubs are just as much to blame for his meltdowns and Z is. It was early in the year and Z had been a slow starter LIKE ALWAYS let him roll or send him too AAA to work on somethings or put him on the pretend DL (it happens). By throwing him in the pen you took what little he may have had and basically told him YOU SUCK. Now his mentally off and confidence is shot. There is no doubt he will go to another team and be a stud.. Its the way Cubs things happen?? SUCKS!

He likely will be by the end of the year. Thomas Diamond was supposed to get a couple of starts while Zambrano can get used to pitching again in the major leagues. Then they're going to stretch him out and try him in the rotation again.