A Modest Proposal: Potential Trade Scenarios For Drew Smyly

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think you can trade Maples yet. It's way to early in his career to me.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

Fair enough. I don't think he's pitched a lot though due to arm injuries, so it's not like he'll be missed right away :cubstroll:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I don't think he's pitched a lot though due to arm injuries, so it's not like he'll be missed right away :cubstroll:

Yeah he wouldn't and he's still a few years away. If everything goes right, we're prolly looking at 2015. But with his injuries that won't help.

Coming out of the draft (besides the fact no one thought he would sign), scouts were worried about his delievery. Maybe that's the reason for his injuries and if the Cubs do fix that, you never jnow what will happen. I hope for the best, tho.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Maples isn't an uber prospect at all, good not great prospect. We're talking about getting Drew fucking Smyly here... the guy I wouldn't want to lose of the four is Vogelbach.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't mind losing Vogelbach. He's a DH and best suited for the AL. He may be a good trade chip for a big player when the time comes.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I don't mind losing Vogelbach. He's a DH and best suited for the AL. He may be a good trade chip for a big player when the time comes.

Ya, but you are more concerned about losing Dillon fucking Maples then one of the Top 50 Slugging Prospects in Baseball just because you don't see a spot on the major league team. Damn right he could be a big time trade chip... when the time comes... but he is much more valuable than Maples, no question.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
He may be, but I just wouldn't want the Cubs to give up on Maples. I don't even see the Tigers accepting a trade for Maples. Lake makes more sense than anything. They always want a 2B/SS and I think Lake can be a serviceable player in the majors.

However, I'll be surprise if a trade is made. But never doubt Theo/Jed.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I'm the New Guy that was listed in the article.

I think that no matter what, if you want Smyly you're going to have to give up someone of value. I would be ok with giving up Vogelbach to get pitching, something the Cubs system is sorely lacking and won't be supplying in the midterm.

It would be tough, because Vogelbach is a well regarded prospect, but thems the breaks.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm the New Guy that was listed in the article.

I think that no matter what, if you want Smyly you're going to have to give up someone of value. I would be ok with giving up Vogelbach to get pitching, something the Cubs system is sorely lacking and won't be supplying in the midterm.

It would be tough, because Vogelbach is a well regarded prospect, but thems the breaks.

I was the new guy once...

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dabs has reached arbitration eligibility.