Adrian Amos and the Safety Position

WindyCity

Hub Arkush

“THERE’S A GROWING SENSE THAT THE BEARS WILL BE BIG-TIME PLAYERS IN THE SAFETY MARKET IF AMOS’ ASKING PRICE DOESN’T COME DOWN…

…THE FEELING IS WHY PAY AMOS TOP SAFETY MONEY WHEN THEY COULD PAY A FEW MILLION MORE PER YEAR FOR A TOP-END SAFETY.”
From The Score [Bernstien and McKnight]

WindyCity

I would not be surprised if they let Amos walk if his demands are in the 10/year range.

I would be surprised if they sign a big name safety.

The one that Hub mentions specifically is Tyrann Mathieu.

bamainatlanta

Amos thinking that he is worth $10/mil a year is hilarious. He is simply a slightly above average box safety that doesn't make many big plays.

Rory Sparrow

Amos thinking that he is worth $10/mil a year is hilarious. He is simply a slightly above average box safety that doesn't make many big plays.
Maybe Amos just heard that the Bulls picked up Otto Porter Jr's $26M/yr contract, and wants to be compensated likewise by the Bears?

Les Grossman

Joyner is damn good. But I don't get the mentality of going big on a SS when you have Jackson. Two big contract Safeties in a year or two sounds like a stupid way to allocate your cap.

gallagher

Honey Badger coming here is almost unbelievable, but I do want to say this... Can you imagine pairing Jackson with a guy that can match his range? Our pass defense would go from great to nuts with the stroke of a pen

Chicago4Life

my money is on honey badger with the bucs and his old DC bowles...he sure didnt look good this season especially in the wildcard game.

remydat

Joyner is damn good. But I don't get the mentality of going big on a SS when you have Jackson. Two big contract Safeties in a year or two sounds like a stupid way to allocate your cap.
Yeah that 10-12 million is better spent on another position.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Yep...really no reason to go out and spend money on a SS when they are playing alongside Jackson. He's going to get paid his worth.

gilder121

CCS Donator
If I were him, I would be in no hurry to get a deal done at this time. It's unlikely you will cost yourself money by hitting FA. At that point, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Lance Briggs and comes back.