Adrian Amos and the Safety Position

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
LOL! You need to stop saying this shit cause it isn't true. Elite is All Pro level of play every single year. This is not Callahan.

When Callahan is on the field he is an elite nickel corner. Stats don't lie. The only problem with Callahan is his ability to stay on the field.

But I digress, I am of the opinion that the SS position is less of a concern when you have a player of the caliber of Eddie Jackson. Create competition with Deon Bush and have a camp battle for the spot with two younger, cheaper options and use the money elsewhere.

Personally, I think Callahan's injury history could make him a value signing - when he is on the field, he will outplay any dollars he does get because that injury tag will hurt his value. With Callahan I get elite production while with Amos I get average/above average production depending on the day.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
When Callahan is on the field he is an elite nickel corner. Stats don't lie. The only problem with Callahan is his ability to stay on the field.

But I digress, I am of the opinion that the SS position is less of a concern when you have a player of the caliber of Eddie Jackson. Create competition with Deon Bush and have a camp battle for the spot with two younger, cheaper options and use the money elsewhere.

Personally, I think Callahan's injury history could make him a value signing - when he is on the field, he will outplay any dollars he does get because that injury tag will hurt his value. With Callahan I get elite production while with Amos I get average/above average production depending on the day.

Which stats are these??? Are they the 4 INT's and 20 passes defended in 4 years??? I don't know what to tell you if you think those stats are elite....

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Again mcmanis filled in fine for Callahan

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Which stats are these??? Are they the 4 INT's and 20 passes defended in 4 years??? I don't know what to tell you if you think those stats are elite....

Dw7LCINX4AAZ0Ib.jpg

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
yep there are 5 BETTER SLOT CORNERS THAN THIS FAKER...5...LET'S GET THEM!

:facepalm2: I wonder why this elite player wasn't first team All Pro???? I mean, if you're elite like you guys say, then your easily a first team All Pro.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, Derrell Revis, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson. These are all examples of elite CB's and Callahan isn't as good as any of these guys so give it up on this elite shit.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, Derrell Revis, Darrell Green, Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson. These are all examples of elite CB's and Callahan isn't as good as any of these guys so give it up on this elite shit.

None of those guys are slot/nickel corners, that's what we're talking about. The graphic at the top of page 3 even says "From the Slot"

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Wow...high standards.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I would not be surprised if they let Amos walk if his demands are in the 10/year range.

I would be surprised if they sign a big name safety.

The one that Hub mentions specifically is Tyrann Mathieu.

I am not that big on Mathieu but who knows maybe he would play better alongside Jackson. I personally think Amos is a way better player at this stage in their careers. Need to keep Amos.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I am not that big on Mathieu but who knows maybe he would play better alongside Jackson. I personally think Amos is a way better player at this stage in their careers. Need to keep Amos.

I also rather keep Amos but there has to be a limit to his worth. He isn’t a 10-12 mil a year player. He’s more like 8 mil a year player. So there is nothing wrong with keeping our options open cause we simply can’t compete with teams with ample space for players

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I also rather keep Amos but there has to be a limit to his worth. He isn’t a 10-12 mil a year player. He’s more like 8 mil a year player. So there is nothing wrong with keeping our options open cause we simply can’t compete with teams with ample space for players

Pass on 8 million. Sign a vet and let them compete with Bush.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He does not play the same position as those guys.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He says that he won't get away from the Giants, that they will tag him.

He mentions

Joyner
Clinton-Dix
Mathieu

I'm a big Joyner fan but he'll cost more then Amos will but he's better then Amos.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Again mcmanis filled in fine for Callahan

He did play well in limited time there but full time McManis scares the shit out of me. Maybe what we saw in that limited time is the real McManis and he has grown in his time in the league but it sure would scare me until i saw him play the position well for at least the first quarter of the season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
:facepalm2: I wonder why this elite player wasn't first team All Pro???? I mean, if you're elite like you guys say, then your easily a first team All Pro.

Elite might be a strong word but he is very good at NB and easily top 3 in the league at that position.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a big Joyner fan but he'll cost more then Amos will but he's better then Amos.

He did play well in limited time there but full time McManis scares the shit out of me. Maybe what we saw in that limited time is the real McManis and he has grown in his time in the league but it sure would scare me until i saw him play the position well for at least the first quarter of the season.

Elite might be a strong word but he is very good at NB and easily top 3 in the league at that position.

Ever heard of the multiquote feature?

Stop spamming.