Adrian Amos and the Safety Position

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Ever heard of the multiquote feature?

Stop spamming.

In his defense...all 4 posts were in response to 4 different people. I would rather they be separate posts, than doing the 'remydat' technique of attempting to respond to several different arguments in one single posting.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
In his defense...all 4 posts were in response to 4 different people. I would rather they be separate posts, than doing the 'remydat' technique of attempting to respond to several different arguments in one single posting.

Oh man... don't get remy going in another thread :rofl:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He does not play the same position as those guys.

He's a cornerback. He still has to cover and doesn't have the skill of any of those guys. He is not elite.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Elite might be a strong word but he is very good at NB and easily top 3 in the league at that position.

Now this I can agree with. He isn't elite.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
None of those guys are slot/nickel corners, that's what we're talking about. The graphic at the top of page 3 even says "From the Slot"

Even as a slot CB he is not elite. If he was elite, he'd be playing the slot position like the guys I mentioned.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do not know if any people here follow Mike Brez on twitter, but he and Amos are going back and forth on Amos' love of the Bears.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even as a slot CB he is not elite. If he was elite, he'd be playing the slot position like the guys I mentioned.

He was that good in the slot this season.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not know if any people here follow Mike Brez on twitter, but he and Amos are going back and forth on Amos' love of the Bears.

So he's upset because Baltimore native Adrian Amos likes Ray Lewis more than Urlacher?

gAoSaqj.png

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Amos’ worth on the open market is going to be as high as he thinks.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him test free agency, just to then come back to the Bears.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I agree with you. Bears will make Amos a semi-fair market offer that's a home town and SB contender discount.

If Amos wants that extra 1-4 mil per year to go to another team, Bears and Amos are fine with the split.

And Bears will NOT sign a better and more expensive FA Safety -- instead they will pay Callahan and get decent FAs in other areas like OLB and RB; and they will either play Bush or Houston-Carson, and/or get a mid-grade FA Safety or draft a Safety.

I agree with this. IF Amos doesn’t come back, I don’t think the Bears spend big money on a safety, on a defense that’s already Number 1 and helmed in the secondary by a couple of All Pros. Money and cap room could be better spent elsewhere in the coming years to extend the window.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Let Amos test FA. Focus on Callahan because he IS good. McManis is from my hometown but he is not a starting nickleback other than in regular season part time work. If you need a moment to reflect then remember that last TD the Eagles score was on McManis covering the same play that Fuller just broke up. McManis is a hard worker that has some skill but his instincts cause him to take false steps leaving him unable to close like the starters.

I believe the Bears new DC has worked with some good safeties and can probably coach up what the bears have or may get. So Amos on the cheap or not at all.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Mcmanis should of played the outside and because Floyd was in the path of the football it actually took longer for the play to develop and that's where mcmanis should of already caught up to tate by then... But don't get things wrong that pass was literally thrown perfectly i don't believe mcmanis could have made the play if he wanted to unless he was literally going for the int and was in the path of the football.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mcmanis should of played the outside and because Floyd was in the path of the football it actually took longer for the play to develop and that's where mcmanis should of already caught up to tate by then... But don't get things wrong that pass was literally thrown perfectly i don't believe mcmanis could have made the play if he wanted to unless he was literally going for the int and was in the path of the football.

He blew the coverage pre snap.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ben Allbright said that the Broncos are not targeting Earl Thomas, they are looking at Amos.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Amos is solid, but very expendable.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
First safety signing of the off season.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
43m43 minutes ago
The #Panthers have signed S Eric Reid to a 3-year contract extension, locking him up through the 2021 season. They were focal about liking what they saw.

Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
6m6 minutes ago
On a conference call with reporters, Eric Reid confirmed his new three-year deal with the Carolina Panthers is more than $22 million.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Amos is solid, but very expendable.

Considering what the Bears had been through for years at the safety position before they acquired Amos and Jackson, not so sure about that. It all depends on who you match Eddie Jackson up with.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not an Amos hater but at those #s, I let him walk. I suspect games over replacement is negligible in this case and you can't keep everyone. This is where your GMs and coaches keep you a perennial contender by not missing a beat when it becomes necessary to turn over some non key pieces so that you can afford to pay those key pieces. id rather have Bush and Mack than Amos and any other guy not paid like Mack.