2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Where is QB Bob Avelilni? For the younger crowd, pull up those stats of Bob , who was the starter for a few years. in the 3 years he started his qb rating was 49.4, 61.3, 54.8. But he did guide the Bears to the playoffs in 1977. Walter had nothing to do with that. :)

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Its kind of amazing how many HOFers the Bears have, especially at both OL and DL. Its funny how some positions you are splitting hairs between multiple HOFers, and at other positions you have Brandon Marshall.

QB: Luckman
HB: Payton
FB: Nagurski
WR: Harlon Hill, Brandon Marshall
TE: Ditka
OT: Lyman, Stydahar
OG: Fortmann, Jones
C: Trafton

DE: Atkins, Dent
DT: Hampton, Musso
OLB: Turner, Connor
MLB: Butkus
CB: McAfee, Tillman
S: Fencik, Petibon

K: Gould
P: Maynard
KR: Sayers
PR: Hester
LS: Mannelly

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
Its kind of amazing how many HOFers the Bears have, especially at both OL and DL. Its funny how some positions you are splitting hairs between multiple HOFers, and at other positions you have Brandon Marshall.

Besides the LB position which was a mistake more than anything it’s really a solid list. I would replace Buffone with Urlacher and Richardson for Tillman.

At WR Marshall & Alshon are mainstream picks, I confess to that. But when I list Plank, Hilgenberg, shoot even Sayers some posters respond with Brown or Jackson, Olin and Hester.

The thread was intended for posters to throw names out and share stories.

I like your list.

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
I don't have Buffone. Urlacher played MLB, not OLB anyways. Richardson over Tillman would be terrible.
READ AGAIN.

Also, The LB position is relatively universal, it doesn’t have to be an exact science. Are you telling me Urlacher cannot OLB.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I think Visionman was reminded of dabesrs70 with my thread. He usually has topics like this that are enjoyable to read.

You are outing yourself as a troll...no one enjoys what @dabears70 posts. Luckily for him you have taken the mantel of CCS village idiot from him. Not an easy task by no means, so not sure if you should be applauded or not

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
READ AGAIN.

Also, The LB position is relatively universal, it doesn’t have to be an exact science. Are you telling me Urlacher cannot OLB.

The tried Urlacher at OLB his rookie year and he flopped there until they moved him to MLB

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
READ AGAIN.

I still don't get it. My LB picks are Connor, Turner at OLB and Butkus at MLB. You quoted my post, and then said you would replace Buffone with Urlacher. Not trying to be difficult, I just don't understand what you posted.

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
I still don't get it. My LB picks are Connor, Turner at OLB and Butkus at MLB. You quoted my post, and then said you would replace Buffone with Urlacher. Not trying to be difficult, I just don't understand what you posted.
I stand corrected.

I was referring to my original list with Richards and Buffoon. They should not be on it.

jive

Liked Posts:
All time 53
QB - Sid Luckman, Jim McMahon
RB - Walter Payton, Gayle Sayers, Neal Anderson, Red Grange, Matt Forte
WR - Brandon Marshall, Curtis Conway, Johnny Morris, Alshon Jefferey, Marty Booker, Jeff Graham, Willie Gault
TE - Mike Ditka, Greg Olsen, Emery Moorehead
OL: Jay Hilgenberg, Olin Kreutz, Mark Bortz, Tom Thayer, Jimbo Covert, Keith Van Horne, Big Cat Williams

DL: Richard Dent, Steve McMichael, Dan Hampton, Tommie Harris, Khalil Mack, Doug Atkins, Trace Armstrong
LB: Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, Wilber Marshall, Lance Briggs, Bill George
CB: Charles Tillman, Mike Richardson, Donnell Woolford, Leslie Frazier, Walt Harris, Kyle Fuller
S: Eddie Jackson, Mark Carrier, Mike Brown, Dave Duerson, Gary Fencik, Doug Plank

K: Robbie Gould
P: Todd Sauerbrun
KR/PR: Devin Hester
LS: Patrick Mannelly

Last edited:

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Fencik.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
READ AGAIN.

No it's not. OLB you need DB speed. Lach was one of few that had that.

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
QB Luckman, McMahon - Cutler was more talented but bad decision making made him average at best. For the overall package McMahon was better. Other QB's like Kramer and Miller had one pretty good year, not much more. This QB list is sad. lol
RB Payton, Sayers, Forte, Anderson
FB Nagursky, Suhey
TE Ditka, Moorehead, Olsen
WR Hill, Morris, Marshall
OT Covert, Stydahar
G Bortz, Jones
C Turner, Hilgenberg, Kruetz

DE Atkins, Dent
DT Hampton, McMichael
LB Butkus, Urlacher, George, Marshall, Singletary
CB Tillman, Taylor, Woolford
S Fencik, Petitbon

K Gould
P Maynard
Returner Hester, Sayers

How do you feel about Ditkas as a coach? Do you feel he was the demise of that team after Buddy’s departure?

What about not having WALTER score a TD in the SB?

To the QB carousel with McMahon, Flutie & Harbaugh?

Getting plastered before a playoff game while telling the team to be responsible.

jive

Liked Posts:
Favorite exchange about Red Grange was when Chris Berman interviewed George Halas.
CB: Who was the best running back you have ever seen?
GH: Red Grange
CB: if he were to play today, how many yards do you think he would gain?
GH: 750-800 yards
CB: 800 yards? That's just OK.
GH: Son, you must remember one thing. Red Grange is 75 years old!