All the league's highest paid QBs are sitting at home watching the playoffs

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
This says so much about the dynamics of building a team.

As a GM if you haven't already won me a superbowl with a shitty team I'm not going to pay you so i can gut the l roster that helped get my QB there...

You are better off letting the QB take a 25m dollar salary and sabotaging someone elses salary cap and roster...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This will be fixed in the new CBA. It’s almost impossible to pay an elite QB what he’s worth and field a competitive team at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I think in the case of Aaron Rogers, the cheese has curdled. He looked like a beaten man in half the games this year. On top of all previous injuries, he has a groin issue and the knee which will be surgically repaired soon in the off season. He is 35 years old and lacks good players around him. They will be replacing McCarthy which is not a good thing for the Bears because he was stubborn and arrogant and lost his team over the past 3 years. It will take a few years to adopt to all the changes in players, coaches and schemes for GB to have a chance at being a well oiled machine at game speed. By that time, Rogers will be 37 and there will be more injuries to him. His success has come from his ability to extend plays. His arm is already not the same. How long can a player play? He will never last as long as Brady because he hasn't had Belichick or played for an organization as good as the Patriots. The cheese has curdled. Rogers is on his last real run in the midst of a lot of change that will take a few years to gel. All this and being paid an enormous amount of money that seriously impacts the salary cap. His support in GB took a serious hit this year.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
How many of those QBs even played on winning teams let alone missed the playoffs? Cousins by the skin of his teeth, rest of them not even close.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I think in the case of Aaron Rogers, the cheese has curdled. He looked like a beaten man in half the games this year. On top of all previous injuries, he has a groin issue and the knee which will be surgically repaired soon in the off season. He is 35 years old and lacks good players around him. They will be replacing McCarthy which is not a good thing for the Bears because he was stubborn and arrogant and lost his team over the past 3 years. It will take a few years to adopt to all the changes in players, coaches and schemes for GB to have a chance at being a well oiled machine at game speed. By that time, Rogers will be 37 and there will be more injuries to him. His success has come from his ability to extend plays. His arm is already not the same. How long can a player play? He will never last as long as Brady because he hasn't had Belichick or played for an organization as good as the Patriots. The cheese has curdled. Rogers is on his last real run in the midst of a lot of change that will take a few years to gel. All this and being paid an enormous amount of money that seriously impacts the salary cap. His support in GB took a serious hit this year.

When Rodgers was given that contract, it was 100 percent deserved. When you look at guys like Garoppolo, Carr and Cousins, their big pay days were based on potential and optimism.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When Rodgers was given that contract, it was 100 percent deserved. When you look at guys like Garoppolo, Carr and Cousins, their big pay days were based on potential and optimism.

Stafford's was based on stat padding

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
This will be fixed in the new CBA. It’s almost impossible to pay an elite QB what he’s worth and field a competitive team at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is the next CBA, is it before the Bears have to pay Mitch?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Any QB in the top half of the league is going to get re-signed at HIS price. There aren't many situations where letting a good QB walk makes sense.

Any team with 5-8 wins is going to say.. with a good offseason and draft.. we can make the playoffs next season. And this is mostly true for middle of the road teams. Not signing your quarterback doesn't help you make the playoffs. And they aren't many free agents QBs that are going to come in and put up top 10-15 numbers for your team.

So there you have it, unless you are facing a total and complete rebuild, and your QB is over 30 years old, he is going to get paid.

It sucks no doubt. But when you can LITERALLY say there are only 10-14 people in the world BETTER than me, and all those guys are under contract, your team is going to cut the check.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:

I agree with you. There is no question he was (and perhaps still is) a great QB. I just think he is on the downside of his career.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When is the next CBA, is it before the Bears have to pay Mitch?

We will have to pay Mitch his contract the year before the CBA expires in 2021, no way we let him get into year 5 without a new contract.