Alternative Plan: Go Big or go home

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go Big.

Its possible a rule change will have to address the NBA situation that irritates Greg Popovich. His voice holds sway in the league when he uses it, and there are arguments to be made to introduce a 4 point line, or I think the simple solution, to push the 3 point line back another foot or two across the top areas.

Regardless if a rule change favored this move...rebounding is as important as ever. Taco Fall was a big enough problem that he nearly vanquished Zion, Barret, Reddish, and Coach K without Zion being in foul trouble which imo, led to their eventual departure in the tourney.

Taco Fall is a bit different than some of the giants we have seen. He is no Porzingis, but his rim protection is more Mutumbo. His defense to me sets him apart from other guys that size.

Ball/Dunn-Lavine-Lauri-WCJ-Taco/Bol Bol

I think WCJ would play extremely well off of a player like that. He can move and Lauri moves pretty good too. This team might be victim to a barrage of 3-pointers, although the length of Ball/Lavine and ability of WCJ to get out...you might have adaquate coverage.

The Lakers once modeled how to dominate inside with 3 7 footers. (Odom-Bynum-Gasol)...and it was actually beautiful to watch. I think Lauri is more than Odom in that equation. WCJ is your Bynum. And Taco is nowhere near the player of Gasol, but he does present unique problems. The interesting part would be if you could get a passer like Ball he can put those big guys into dangerous areas. Lauri is absolutely a SF on offense, as he stretches the floor as good as anyone in the league other than Curry/Lillard who can hit 33%+ to 40 feet. His height means he is always open, but not available to rebound. Having two more centers is going to allow you to get more of Lauri's misses and allow him to just fire away.

I admit Ball is more suited to running the current team. If you wanted to try the 3 bigs neither Ball/Dunn is ideal. You need an assassin to stretch the floor.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I cannot see the argument for a longer 3 point line to grabbing a big rebounder, since 90% of 3 pointers that miss are usually long rebounds, not right at the rim unless they are an air ball.

I cannot see the bulls changing much from their belief in Carter at 5, Laurie at 4, and Laurie playing the 5 when they go small. Both Taco and Bol should be second round picks or undrafted free agents, but this class sucks so bad they will probably both go in the first.