Amos a Packer

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
sure seems like we could have handled that salary. Maybe they were thinking they were looking for 12 million like the big names?

Just hope they dont think bush is ready. I'd rather have a guy back there that gives receivers alligator arms.

napo55

Liked Posts:
So with Amos leaving, Callahan probably leaving, and Prince a free agent and over 30 next year, does this mean the bears must take a DB with their first pick (3rd round)?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That is just stupid. Their knowledge of his play or capabilities had no bearing on whether they signed him or not. It was always revolving around how much he was asking to be paid.

You weight talent versus cost...they knew what his talent was but the cost was too high...hence why it was always about the money...not his ability...let me know if you need instructions on how to paint by numbers.
So basically what you meant by "his play or capabilities had no bearing" was that it had a direct bearing and Pace had to "weight talent versus cost."

Damn, I feel silly, how could I have missed that.

And your premise that talent need be weighed vs cost is groundbreaking. You might be the next moneyball innovator. You should write a book.

Last edited:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh for fucks sake. Its simple. He has the talent, albeit not elite but he wanted top tier safety money. Which he got outside of Chicago. Everyone already knows that in free agency any good players get overpaid. Period. And make no mistake, Adrian Amos is a good safety and instantly one of the best players the Packers have on defense.

Apparently its too much to ask people here to use their brains to understand a simple statement of the talent being there but he was asking for too much.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh for fucks sake. Its simple. He has the talent, albeit not elite but he wanted top tier safety money. Which he got outside of Chicago. Everyone already knows that in free agency any good players get overpaid. Period. And make no mistake, Adrian Amos is a good safety and instantly one of the best players the Packers have on defense.

Apparently its too much to ask people here to use their brains to understand a simple statement of the talent being there but he was asking for too much.
Whatever dude.
You made an asinine comment about his ability having no bearing on whether Pace or Fangio wanted him and now want to walk it back and get bitchy about it. Life is to short. Via con Dios

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
at $9M per doubt that was necessary.

I'm sure they thought the same about Fuller. It may have not only been for us either.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fangio and Nagy passing on Amos really means jack shit in the grand scheme of things. Neither is infallible and their situations are different than the Pack. Pack had far more cap space especially considering they cut Perry too.

Further, Broncos and Bears have far better defensive pieces so less likely to spend on a S especially one that in the Bears case is the 2nd best safety on the team.

This is no different than the Bears giving Taylor Gabriel or Try Burton more money that the Falcons, Eagles or a lot of other teams probably thought they were worth or ARob for that matter. The needs are drastically different and teams overpay in FA. Such is life. All that matters is if they produce and time will tell on Amos. His salary really is not out of whack with what other S are getting.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm sure they thought the same about Fuller. It may have not only been for us either.
Maybe, but Fuller was transition tagged. So GB was foolish if they thought the Bears did not have interest in re-signing Fuller at a fair price. $9M for Amos is a reach.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its a crazy price tag. No avoiding that fact. We can only hope his best playing days are behind him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Packers overpayed Amos what he is worth imho. Certainly he is not worth 9mil a year to us, but probably worth 9m to a desperate Packers team trying to revamp their defense.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sell out!! I seriously don’t understand how greedy these fools can get.. You would think after an amazing season that ALL of our players would be eager to stick around and win the bowl this time around even the shitty ones, but nope, that is not the case with Callahan and especially Amos.. how the fuck do you go from a bears team that should have been at the Super Bowl, just to end up going to the hated fudge packers? Why ? For a few million more? What a shame.. As a matter of fact have fun there with a shit aging loser like Rodgers and keep losing .. Both you and parkey cost us that playoff game anyhow with that stupid personal foul helmet to helmet on 4th down that cost us the game, so again good riddance.. No more loyalty in sports folks like Michael Jordan and Walter Payton that did anything in there power to win.. now most (not all) are little pansies like Amos that are there just for the money and not love for the game and it's sad..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i suppose your hoping he plays at a pro bowl level then?

I hope he plays like crap.. its the fucking packers idiot

Gustavo or what ever his name is a packer loving troll, don’t let him get to u guys!!

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was counting Callahan in the starters and not the 33% DE.

He is the 11th best player on the defense

1. Mack
2. Hicks
3. Jackson
4. Fuller
5. Roquan
6. Goldman
7. Floyd
8. Trevathan
9. Prince
10. Callahan

Don’t forget about Nichols and Harris..

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sell out!! I seriously don’t understand how greedy these fools can get.. You would think after an amazing season that ALL of our players would be eager to stick around and win the bowl this time around even the shitty ones, but nope, that is not the case with Callahan and especially Amos.. how the fuck do you go from a bears team that should have been at the Super Bowl, just to end up going to the hated fudge packers? Why ? For a few million more? What a shame.. As a matter of fact have fun there with a shit aging loser like Rodgers and keep losing .. Both you and parkey cost us that playoff game anyhow with that stupid personal foul helmet to helmet on 4th down that cost us the game, so again good riddance.. No more loyalty in sports folks like Michael Jordan and Walter Payton that did anything in there power to win.. now most (not all) are little pansies like Amos that are there just for the money and not love for the game and it's sad..

fify

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe, but Fuller was transition tagged. So GB was foolish if they thought the Bears did not have interest in re-signing Fuller at a fair price. $9M for Amos is a reach.

And you don't think GB was foolish this time?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And you don't think GB was foolish this time?
I'm saying that they should have anticipated the Bears may match Fuller's offer, but giving Amos $9M was enough of a poison pill regardless of anything they may have added. But the more difficult they made his contract to swallow all the better.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I’m just happy to see Green Bay is upholding tradition and has its thumb up its own ass now that FA has rolled around again