Andruw Jones Wants to Play 5 More Seasons

Wrigley

Liked Posts:
Andruw Jones told Scott Merkin of MLB.com that he would like to play another five years.

2290.jpg

"Everybody says he's getting old or he's losing it," said Jones. "There are things you have to work on and try to get yourself more consistent. Hopefully when you get the opportunity to play, you can get back on that roll. But I'm looking for another five years, and if I play consistently, I should be where I want to be." Jones, 33, is batting .215/.321/.474 with 18 home runs and 42 RBI over 293 at-bats this season, almost a carbon copy of the numbers he posted with the Rangers last season. He's clearly not an everyday option anymore -- even less-so after the addition of Manny Ramirez -- but he's still a valuable power bat against left-handed pitching.

rotoworld

Well his average definitely still sucks, but he's still a decent bench player if you want to have the option to bring some pop to the lineup. I don't think five years is a good option for him, but I guess he might be able to do it if he can find teams that want him.

Thoughts?

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I like Andruw but he just hasn't done enough hell Kotsay's gotten more play than he has. He's been a home run hitting defender with a bad average

ChiIllini22

Liked Posts:
I want to be the richest person in the universe but we know that isn't goin to happen

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Hey if it makes you feel any better I hit a grand slam with him against the Yankees:crazydance::woot:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Andruw will play five more years, just not in the Majors. I see the independent league for him and most of the 2010 Chicago Cubs

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i want to see him on another team where he can play everyday....i bet alot of people eat their words.