Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The bottlehead crack with speedball upgrade just went on sale, so I jumped on it. Saved $135 from normal price. Wasn't expecting to get it so soon after my senns, but it's a welcome surprise. Hopefully my dac pops up so I can get everything set up. Pretty excited about that.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Do you guys have any specific technique to help break in the headphones? Still trying to break in the HD 650s, but they aren't exactly being powered correctly at the moment.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really know shit about break ins. I just let my stuff play while I was at work.
You having any luck? What ar you trying?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't really know shit about break ins. I just let my stuff play while I was at work.
You having any luck? What ar you trying?

Sorry, I never saw this post. I found something called pink noise through a audiophile FB group. Gave me the website to download the noises (https://www.dynaudio.com/support/pi...7_KGCOoHbhwYzMS-Ywcx-t9NSbkfVtHeBM2Xn84mvKL7k). After that, I just played the pink noise 24/7 at a decent level for a week. I left the headphones in the box to muffle the sound. Listened to Hotel California after that and never had so many chills. The sound was incredible. It's like I'm actually in the studio.

Still trying to get a DAC. I got my bottlehead crack finally, but haven't put it together yet. I don't think the massdrop dac is coming back to the site, so I'm looking at the Soekris 1321. Still need to do more research.

Also bought some wireless IEMs off massdrop (now drop) for $90. Needed a replacement for my Jaybirds, which were having some serious battery life issues. Pretty stoked about those, but the wait time is ugh. And of course, I lost my Jaybirds now.

https://drop.com/buy/drop-nuforce-move-wireless-in-ear-monitors

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I never saw this post. I found something called pink noise through a audiophile FB group. Gave me the website to download the noises (https://www.dynaudio.com/support/pi...7_KGCOoHbhwYzMS-Ywcx-t9NSbkfVtHeBM2Xn84mvKL7k). After that, I just played the pink noise 24/7 at a decent level for a week. I left the headphones in the box to muffle the sound. Listened to Hotel California after that and never had so many chills. The sound was incredible. It's like I'm actually in the studio.

Still trying to get a DAC. I got my bottlehead crack finally, but haven't put it together yet. I don't think the massdrop dac is coming back to the site, so I'm looking at the Soekris 1321. Still need to do more research.

Also bought some wireless IEMs off massdrop (now drop) for $90. Needed a replacement for my Jaybirds, which were having some serious battery life issues. Pretty stoked about those, but the wait time is ugh. And of course, I lost my Jaybirds now.

https://drop.com/buy/drop-nuforce-move-wireless-in-ear-monitors

Bah! I've gotten off my kick for the KEF wireless and been spending money on my car instead.
Martin Logan bookshelves + SVS sub is kicking way too much ass to upgrade anyway.

The Eagles?
Really?
Did you get high end audio gear to hear exactly how shitty a band they are?

To each their own, fellow audio nerd.

I'm listening to The Who.
Raaawwwrrr!!!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bah! I've gotten off my kick for the KEF wireless and been spending money on my car instead.
Martin Logan bookshelves + SVS sub is kicking way too much ass to upgrade anyway.

The Eagles?
Really?
Did you get high end audio gear to hear exactly how shitty a band they are?

To each their own, fellow audio nerd.

I'm listening to The Who.
Raaawwwrrr!!!

LOL, I'm not a huge Eagles fan, but Hotel California is one of the best songs there is, and is a great baseline to test. That and Stairway. Think it's the acoustic.

I haven't even started looking at a speaker system yet. I'm still trying to complete my headphone setup.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
never experienced it. but this is a very interesting discussion to follow
o.png

There's so much more that I haven't experienced. I'm a noob in the audiophile field, and I don't have the money to get into it quite the way some do. High end audio equipment gets insanely expensive.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, I'm not a huge Eagles fan, but Hotel California is one of the best songs there is, and is a great baseline to test. That and Stairway. Think it's the acoustic.

I haven't even started looking at a speaker system yet. I'm still trying to complete my headphone setup.

Those are actually pretty good songs.
Get going on the speaker setup.
I got my speakers for an amazing deal, (They're discontinued but still available I think) and got my sub as factory reject, with scratches that I can't even see. SVS SB-2000. It literally vibrates the foundation of my house and I'm certain I could knock shit off the walls or break stuff with it if I pushed it. It was only $600 too.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bookmarking that. Massdrop also came out with the DAC that I originally wanted, so I jumped on it. Gonna roll with those for a while and think about upgrades down the line.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Ok, got a question, all of you guys are basically speaking a language that I do not understand about listening to audio. Do any of you know the basics of recording audio?

If you do, whats required for someone that wants to mess around in that arena?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Ok, got a question, all of you guys are basically speaking a language that I do not understand about listening to audio. Do any of you know the basics of recording audio?

Maybe @ytsejam can help you on that one. I'd think you'd need some kind of mixer/soundboard if you're trying to make something professional. Probably would need to soundproof the recording room as well. But to the extent of the equipment and how to use it, I'm definitely not that guy. There's got to be a musician on this board that could help.

Maybe @Tjodalv. I thought he mentioned it before. I could be wrong.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Nobody wants to listen to your keto farts

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don't know shit about recording.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

KEF LS50 wireless price dropped to $1800.
Got drunk last night and almost pulled the trigger.
I fucking want them though. I'd like to have them just to compare them to my Martin Logans. I don't know if they'll match the high end of the MLs but I read great things about them. And it would clear up clutter, being an all in one system. I'd basically swap out the MLs for them and keep the sub. Maybe put the MLs on the NAD amp in the garage? Yeah. Martin Logans in the fucking garage.
My overtime is back on so I might end up doing it.
Rawr!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

KEF LS50 wireless price dropped to $1800.
Got drunk last night and almost pulled the trigger.
I fucking want them though. I'd like to have them just to compare them to my Martin Logans. I don't know if they'll match the high end of the MLs but I read great things about them. And it would clear up clutter, being an all in one system. I'd basically swap out the MLs for them and keep the sub. Maybe put the MLs on the NAD amp in the garage? Yeah. Martin Logans in the fucking garage.
My overtime is back on so I might end up doing it.
Rawr!

Those white ones look ridiculous. Shit, I need a new system to workout with. My last one had a tape deck lol.

I'm looking at these for the gym, when I start going again:

I'd like to upgrade my tubes in my bottlehead crack as well. Right now, I just have more important engagements to worry about. I love the way my setup sounds though.

Last edited: