Attention Guests Not Signed Up

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
People will buy tickets, no matter what. I'm sure I will. They get anywhere from 40-41K fans at the game, like every day.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They sell out, but a blind man could see that the seats aren't filled. That won't happen next year if they are crappy. People won't buy the tickets. And people not being in the seats means less jerseys, concessions, beer.

Then for the 15% or less every game that is a no show.. Ricketts will still have made bank on the initial entrance fee.

So really.. Long as we at least sell the tickets initially.. Its fine.

We'll still be above water. Easily.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
For being Captain Obvious, you're pretty much a dumbass.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then for the 15% or less every game that is a no show.. Ricketts will still have made bank on the initial entrance fee.

So really.. Long as we at least sell the tickets initially.. Its fine.

We'll still be above water. Easily.

A) Hendry has already said we'll be contenders next year.

B) You have to think of this from the Rickett's POV. They bought this team to make money. That's why our tickets cost the most, that's why everything costs more. They want to make money and see the team win. Having the team suck next year doesn't let them do either of those to their fullest capabilities.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People will buy tickets, no matter what. I'm sure I will. They get anywhere from 40-41K fans at the game, like every day.

Like all of them women wearing a Cubs hat acting like they know what's going on?

Oh i'm here with my boyfriend baby! :rofl:

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A) Hendry has already said we'll be contenders next year.

B) You have to think of this from the Rickett's POV. They bought this team to make money. That's why our tickets cost the most, that's why everything costs more. They want to make money and see the team win. Having the team suck next year doesn't let them do either of those to their fullest capabilities.

A) Hendry said we would be contenders this year. Hendry's job is to say we will be contenders.

B) I think Rickett's and his people have figured out exactly how many fans it will take to operate at the level they want to. A mediocre team that sticks around in the race can probably get him by until he's done paying off Wrigley's renovations.

Think about what Rickett's has to spend money on outside of the baseball team.

$20 million in debt payments each season for quite some time (20 years I think).

2014 Wrigley Renovations (that is when they are supposed to end)

New ST facilities

Then he has a $140 million payroll on top of that, which I'm willing to bet he has Hendry whittle down to the $100 range by 2012. That way he can focus on profiting off a mediocre team while paying off his debt and building two (essentially two anyway) new stadiums.

There is no way Ricketts goes out and spends any extra money for the on the field product, not when he has all these other things to worry about.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hey crazies, stay on topic with this thread fools! :)

so cmon guests, sign up....look at all the intelligent users, they cant stay away from talking cubs in a thread not about actual baseball talk! so sign up!!

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A) Hendry said we would be contenders this year. Hendry's job is to say we will be contenders.

B) I think Rickett's and his people have figured out exactly how many fans it will take to operate at the level they want to. A mediocre team that sticks around in the race can probably get him by until he's done paying off Wrigley's renovations.

Think about what Rickett's has to spend money on outside of the baseball team.

$20 million in debt payments each season for quite some time (20 years I think).

2014 Wrigley Renovations (that is when they are supposed to end)

New ST facilities

Then he has a $140 million payroll on top of that, which I'm willing to bet he has Hendry whittle down to the $100 range by 2012. That way he can focus on profiting off a mediocre team while paying off his debt and building two (essentially two anyway) new stadiums.

There is no way Ricketts goes out and spends any extra money for the on the field product, not when he has all these other things to worry about.

A) Hendry's job is on the line, why would he say that and not do it?!

B) They aren't paying for the new ST facilities. Mesa and private investors are.

So yeah, that makes sense. Ricketts buys the Chicago Cubs, tells all the fans that he is going to bring the team a winner and then doesn't do anything for 20 years. That will really bring the fans out to the park. Ricketts will make more money if he puts a winner out on the field. He knows this.

While I do think that the payroll will go down, I don't think we will lose 40 million over the next 2 years. I think it will rest comfortably around 120 million for the next few seasons.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because Hendry says he will make the team better doesn't mean what he does will result in making the team better. Every GM spends the offseason making moves they think will make their team contenders, except Dayton Moore.

I'm not saying that the Cubs won't spend money for 20 years, just that until Wrigley is finished being renovated there probably won't be a ton of major free agency splashes. Really based on how they've worked for us so far anyway, I'm not too upset about that.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because Hendry says he will make the team better doesn't mean what he does will result in making the team better. Every GM spends the offseason making moves they think will make their team contenders, except Dayton Moore.

I'm not saying that the Cubs won't spend money for 20 years, just that until Wrigley is finished being renovated there probably won't be a ton of major free agency splashes. Really based on how they've worked for us so far anyway, I'm not too upset about that.

It's only 10 years...

And they have added more revenue to counteract that. The Toyota Sign, for example.