Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just came back from St. Petersburg, Florida after a 5-day stay... definitely my worst trip.

First two days, the weather was pretty shitty. Warm compared to what we left in Chicago, but it was raining most of the day so there wasn't much we could do outdoors. We were gonna find stuff to do indoors, but throughout the first day, I progressively felt worse, and I guess I wound up having the flu. Still sick actually. I felt so terrible, my girlfriend and I hardly left the AirBNB. Speaking of the AirBNB, I didn't do much research on the neighborhood we were staying at (dumb move). It was a pretty sketchy area, and the immediate location was kind of run down and had nothing to offer.

By the third day, I forced myself to go out and do stuff because I didn't wanna piss away the entire vacation. That wound up getting me absolutely terrible sunburn which made me feel so much worse. All-in-all, I'd say I spent 60% of my time in the poorly located AirBNB, 15% of my time driving to better locations, and the rest of my time struggling to have some fun.

I was just so happy to come back home.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just came back from St. Petersburg, Florida after a 5-day stay... definitely my worst trip.

First two days, the weather was pretty shitty. Warm compared to what we left in Chicago, but it was raining most of the day so there wasn't much we could do outdoors. We were gonna find stuff to do indoors, but throughout the first day, I progressively felt worse, and I guess I wound up having the flu. Still sick actually. I felt so terrible, my girlfriend and I hardly left the AirBNB. Speaking of the AirBNB, I didn't do much research on the neighborhood we were staying at (dumb move). It was a pretty sketchy area, and the immediate location was kind of run down and had nothing to offer.

By the third day, I forced myself to go out and do stuff because I didn't wanna piss away the entire vacation. That wound up getting me absolutely terrible sunburn which made me feel so much worse. All-in-all, I'd say I spent 60% of my time in the poorly located AirBNB, 15% of my time driving to better locations, and the rest of my time struggling to have some fun.

I was just so happy to come back home.
I've have learned over the years, that it pays to pay for location. If you know you want to hang out and do things in a certain area, pony up the premium to stay in that location. At the end of the day, you will enjoy your vacation much more, will have less stress trying to get transportation to and from, and by the time you pay (taxi,uber, etc) there and back multiple times, you might as well have actually just paid the premium to stay in that location.

Worst vaca, which really wasn't that bad, was this past Christmas. Went to Vegas just my wife and I for 4 days. I ended up getting food poisoning on the 3rd day or so we think. Ate as some nice sushi place the 2nd night there and I wake up puking around 5 AM and that continued throughout the day. Didn't leave the hotel and couldn't eat shit. I rallied for the last day though and we were able to still enjoy it. Weather was much cooler than I had anticipated as well.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've have learned over the years, that it pays to pay for location. If you know you want to hang out and do things in a certain area, pony up the premium to stay in that location. At the end of the day, you will enjoy your vacation much more, will have less stress trying to get transportation to and from, and by the time you pay (taxi,uber, etc) there and back multiple times, you might as well have actually just paid the premium to stay in that location.

Worst vaca, which really wasn't that bad, was this past Christmas. Went to Vegas just my wife and I for 4 days. I ended up getting foot poisoning on the 3rd day or so we think. Ate as some nice sushi place the 2nd night there and I wake up puking around 5 AM and that continued throughout the day. Didn't leave the hotel and couldn't eat shit. I rallied for the last day though and we were able to still enjoy it. Weather was much cooler than I had anticipated as well.
Man. Foot poisoning sounds awful. Can you still walk?

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Worst vaca, which really wasn't that bad, was this past Christmas. Went to Vegas just my wife and I for 4 days. I ended up getting foot poisoning on the 3rd day or so we think. Ate as some nice sushi place the 2nd night there and I wake up puking around 5 AM and that continued throughout the day. Didn't leave the hotel and couldn't eat shit. I rallied for the last day though and we were able to still enjoy it. Weather was much cooler than I had anticipated as well.
You might want Dr.Scholls to take a look at that.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I usually get a rental car, so transportation is usually not a concern.

In general, I agree with you that paying more for a better place could ultimately be worth it. In this case though, I'm happy I didn't. My girlfriend wanted a place right by a beach, but that was $75 more per night than the place we were staying (57 a night). Regardless of where I stayed, because I got sick, I was going to spend that 60% in the Air BNB. So spending 375 more total for the location only to not really enjoy it would have made it so much worse haha.

I take the fall for the rough location though. I usually do a pretty good job researching the area before booking. But because the place I was staying at was somewhat near 1 beach and somewhat close to the Tampa Bay Rays stadium, I just thought it would be okay. And obviously nothing bad happened to us, but it was definitely a place where you had to be aware of your surroundings and probably not walk around alone at night.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I usually get a rental car, so transportation is usually not a concern.

In general, I agree with you that paying more for a better place could ultimately be worth it. In this case though, I'm happy I didn't. My girlfriend wanted a place right by a beach, but that was $75 more per night than the place we were staying (57 a night). Regardless of where I stayed, because I got sick, I was going to spend that 60% in the Air BNB. So spending 375 more total for the location only to not really enjoy it would have made it so much worse haha.

I take the fall for the rough location though. I usually do a pretty good job researching the area before booking. But because the place I was staying at was somewhat near 1 beach and somewhat close to the Tampa Bay Rays stadium, I just thought it would be okay. And obviously nothing bad happened to us, but it was definitely a place where you had to be aware of your surroundings and probably not walk around alone at night.
$57.00 a night? Wow that must have been a dump.......Did you try to break in the change box on the side of the massaging bed? Cheap bastard................................................................................................................................................................jk

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
$57.00 a night? Wow that must have been a dump.......Did you try to break in the change box on the side of the massaging bed? Cheap bastard................................................................................................................................................................jk

haha, nah, it was actually a nice place itself. It was a studio apartment to ourselves, which is more than enough for an Air BNB.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

That wasn’t food poisoning. Your stomach acted that way because you ate something besides the bland dweeby Iowa food it’s used to.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Dude, wow you are cheap...

You want something nice, find something in Vilas county, WI... 4 yrs ago we rented a house on a point of a lake (Little St Germain) w/boat for $1500.00 7 days, it was phenomenal. 3 bedroom 2 bath with all the accouterments.

Nothing better than 80 deg temps during the day and 50 deg temps during the night to have some great fires. Fishing was good and visiting all of the local attractions kept our days full..

It was also nice having a full kitchen and awesome outdoor grill to do some serious eats.

I highly recommend it.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Did you burn everything you brought home with you to make sure you didn't bring fleas, roaches, or bed bugs home with you?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Once when I was on the beach with my bro, I tripped on the sand. I was falling but managed to catch myself on my bro's trunks, but they came down with my weight. Unfortunately I fell forward in such a way that his dick ended up in my mouth. It was so embarrassing. So I tried to dislodge myself by rocking back and forth for about 10 minutes because it was stuck in my mouth and my bro was trying to help by thrusting in and out to help dislodge his member. It took over 15 minutes for the ordeal to end and unfortunately my bro busted a bro-nut because of all the friction (it happens!). I hope all the people who saw me didn't think I was a gay Soooo embarrassing, but it can happen to anyone!

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, wow you are cheap...

You want something nice, find something in Vilas county, WI... 4 yrs ago we rented a house on a point of a lake (Little St Germain) w/boat for $1500.00 7 days, it was phenomenal. 3 bedroom 2 bath with all the accouterments.

Nothing better than 80 deg temps during the day and 50 deg temps during the night to have some great fires. Fishing was good and visiting all of the local attractions kept our days full..

It was also nice having a full kitchen and awesome outdoor grill to do some serious eats.

I highly recommend it.

Fuck that. I won't spend all that money just to stay somewhere. Ideally, I'd spend as little time as possible at the place I'd be sleeping when I go on vacation.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I was at the beach - some jackass had pulled the cover off the skimmer basket at the pool and didn't put it back on. Me, not looking where i was walking, stepped right into it.

Not only did i embarrass myself in front of everybody at the pool, but a plastic tip on top of the basket broke off into my foot. I ended up having to go to a urgent care to get it removed. I was room bound for the rest of the trip.

Last edited: