Bears 6th Rnd pick Dook Sheely DB KSU

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just heard from a friend of mine extremely tied in with the Kansas State football team, the same guy that fed me all the information on Tyler Lockett going back to that draft ( I am sure some of you remember that I knew the Seahawks were taking him in the 3rd, and wanted the Bears to pass on White, take defense in the first and Lockett in the second round).

And this is what he says on Duke Shelley:

"Probably our best shut down corner since Terrance Newman (who went 6th overall in the 2003 draft). He got hurt early in the season last year. He was a stud."

This is a really positive report on him.

Thanks

I watched some of him yesterday and he is sticky. The guys size is going to be an issue, but he is pretty physical for a tiny dude. Probably plays dime as a rookie.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Love how he's already talks about himself as a starter for us. "I'll have Eddie Jackson playing behind me" "I'll have K.Mack getting after the QB for me".

Welcome to being a part of the new Monsters Of The Midway kid.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Just heard from a friend of mine extremely tied in with the Kansas State football team, the same guy that fed me all the information on Tyler Lockett going back to that draft ( I am sure some of you remember that I knew the Seahawks were taking him in the 3rd, and wanted the Bears to pass on White, take defense in the first and Lockett in the second round).

"Probably our best shut down corner since Terrance Newman (who went 6th overall in the 2003 draft). He got hurt early in the season last year. He was a stud."

This is great to hear. Too many people in here talking like they have watched tape on every draft pick, it’s nice to get some info on someone who actually has ties with the program and isn’t trying to hype them up to increase their draft stock.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

But isn't this the same guy who told you Cody Whitehair would be huge bust?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My KSU people were actually very low on Sheely. I would have liked to have seen Pace take him as an UDFA, because that's the grade many actually had on him.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But isn't this the same guy who told you Cody Whitehair would be huge bust?

Good memory by you, but his comment was a question on strength as he said that he got pushed around like a rag doll when KState played him at tackle. He never said that he would be a huge bust but thought that where the Bears drafted him was pretty aggressive for someone not strong enough for tackle. I tend to agree with him and think that our offensive line is highly overrated.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Good memory by you, but his comment was a question on strength as he said that he got pushed around like a rag doll when KState played him at tackle. He never said that he would be a huge bust but thought that where the Bears drafted him was pretty aggressive for someone not strong enough for tackle. I tend to agree with him and think that our offensive line is highly overrated.

But I'd rather have someone not strong enough for tackle (Whitehair) than someone not strong enough for center (Grasu).

#sortacalledit

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Duke also did some punt and kick returns at KState, and that is a KState speciality, and you have to be fast as hell to do that for them.

Hits like a truck. Always put on the opponents #1 receiver and shut him down. A couple of pick 6's too.

Last edited:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I find it a bit concerning that, in this video, a Bears scout says that Shelley fell in the draft due to his size and NOT due to the toe injury that caused him to miss 7 games

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I find it a bit concerning that, in this video, a Bears scout says that Shelley fell in the draft due to his size and NOT due to the toe injury that caused him to miss 7 games

Probably easier to recover from a toe injury than it is to add 6-8 inches to your frame.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
A lot of the takes from media personalities on draft night were "He fell because he was injured, Pace got a steal"

it's disconcerting to see a Bears scout come out and dump cold water on that theory, saying "NOPE, he fell because he's tiny."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably easier to recover from a toe injury than it is to add 6-8 inches to your frame.
c80365cfbdfdcef6b8e78590b942f6fd.jpg

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Duke also did some punt and kick returns at KState, and that is a KState speciality, and you have to be fast as hell to do that for them.

Hits like a truck. Always put on the opponents #1 receiver and shut him down. A couple of pick 6's too.
With this most recent draft, Special Teams heavy, and the addition of Patterson, I think we are set there.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I would rather he be short on height than short on talent. That height allowed the Bears to get him. Add a few inches and he would have been long gone.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I hope that he and Buster Skrine get along.....as they will be "peas in a pod" at the Nickle - Slot.... (Almost identical size....) Sticky....

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts: