Bears Draft Brandon Hardin from Oregon State - Breakdown/Stats/etc.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Annual safety pick....

most likely will suck knowing this organizations ability to draft safeties

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup... we do need depth at Safety.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRrCYA2_zbY]Brandon Hardin OSU Pro Day 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
I liked this fo shure: "Considered a fringe draft prospect, Hardin’s stock began to rise with a strong showing at the East-West Shrine Game in January – the first time scouts had a chance to see him on the field since the 2010 season. He then ran a 4.36 and 4.40-second 40-yard dash and bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times at his pro day. That’s three more than he was able to do before a shoulder injury. He also had a 35 1/2-inch vertical leap and a 10-4 broad jump."

So he's fast, fairly strong, and a great vert leap. He has potential.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude can ball. He'll start easily.

Size and speed combo. Used to play corner. Can hit. He is good. His shoulder is STRONGER now. Im impressed with this pick. Watch that pro day video.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Emery says he will be a saftey. The injury concern really scares me. He missed all of last season, and has had injuries before that. Emery says he could compete to start in the future but he needs a little work. "We feel that he could push it up into the starter level over time, but he has to earn that." Also: Emery: "This is a big, fast, physical, dymanic athlete" on Hardin. "We feel like we're going to get a lot of mileage out of Brandon."

Emery seems confident. We'll see

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Emery says he will be a saftey. The injury concern really scares me. He missed all of last season, and has had injuries before that. Emery says he could compete to start in the future but he needs a little work. "We feel that he could push it up into the starter level over time, but he has to earn that." Also: Emery: "This is a big, fast, physical, dymanic athlete" on Hardin. "We feel like we're going to get a lot of mileage out of Brandon."

Emery seems confident. We'll see

He also said Hardin is medically sound. I mean the guy had an entire year to heal, so he's probably fresh enough to get out there and compete with the other guys.

P.S. - I also liked how Emery said this:

Zach Zaidman ‏ @ZachZaidman
Emery says the bigger, faster and more dynamic the Bears are, the bigger the challenge they present to opponents.

Kind of goes against Lovie's idea of drafting smaller WR's/CB's/S, lol.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Ya'll can rip on me all you want for liking Major Wright. He bloomed in the 2nd half last year and started showing just how damn effective he could be. Steltz on the other hand.... I just hope Hardin was meant to replace Steltz. ONLY THEN, this pick makes a shit ton more sense.

Soundwave_Superior

Liked Posts:
I don't mind this pick because he'll make our nickel package better. We need that for Green Bay's and Detroit's WR's, and the new breed of TE that is taking over. And maybe he develops into a CB starter down the road too.

But I would really like us to not ignore OL like we did with JA running the show.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Not that bad of a pick... Our safety situation isn't the greatest. let's see what he can do

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He could be the stealth pick of the draft if he pans out... :bearbang:

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
Is the fastest guy on our team a white dude now?

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSGaWweKIg&feature=related]OSU Beavers Brandon Hardin delivers the Special Teams stick of the night vs. USC - YouTube[/ame]

Atleast he isn't afraid to play special teams....