Bears Draft Evan Rodriguez, TE from Temple

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
He was also drafted in the 4th because of character concerns I think. But I'd bet if teams could go back and draft again knowing he'd turn out as good as he did, they'd draft him before the 4th.

So if they really think Rodriguez is as good as Hernandez, I'd think he'd have been drafted earlier.

and this kid doesn't have concerns?? For fucks sake he was charged with a felony lol.

I like the comparison they are the same size and play the same style can play HB and TE and I think Rod is a bit faster. Drafting isnt a exact science if it was you would see the best players go in order year in and year out. Tom Brady wouldn't of went 199 if the draft was science and we can say why players didnt go as high. After today draft position is irrelevant what he does on sundays matters and Herndenze just like 1000s before him proved guys drop for one reason or another and gems can be found wherever.

I personally like the pick I like what a weapon like that can do for us both blocking and catching especially for Jay he may soon become Jays best friend especially with how versatile he is. For the first time in a long time I am happy with what we have as offensive weapons going into next season.