HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm particularly curious to see if our new DC also plans on dropping NardFlo into coverage as much as Fangio did. Otherwise he may finally put up double digit sack totals if he's mostly rushing the passer.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm particularly curious to see if our new DC also plans on dropping NardFlo into coverage as much as Fangio did. Otherwise he may finally put up double digit sack totals if he's mostly rushing the passer.
But is that what is best for stats or the defense. Don't get me wrong sacks can have an impact, but the games that I re-watched his ability to set an edge or take away the flat was part of the reason that the defense was so successful. So many teams are hitting quick passes, and trying to run to the outside that it made sense for him to disrupt the game plans.

I hope he is not rushing the passer more than is needed, because Vic deployed a defense not a player.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Hicks had the most pass rush snaps at 556. Floyd was 3rd at 467. Even if you give Floyd the amount of snaps as Hicks he would still only end up with 6 sacks. He was much better his first 2 years so maybe that is due to the injury. This year will tell us a lot.

As for the exercise of the option, he is going to have to set up big next year to justify it for me. Still feels like a guy better suited to be an ILB who blitzes rather than an OLB.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know people love that sexy sack number but give me a guy that is bringing consistent pressure over a guy racking up gaudy sack totals. I would rather see my d-linemen racking up pressures and getting some sacks along with it than racking up a lot of sacks but relatively speaking not affecting most other plays.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But is that what is best for stats or the defense. Don't get me wrong sacks can have an impact, but the games that I re-watched his ability to set an edge or take away the flat was part of the reason that the defense was so successful. So many teams are hitting quick passes, and trying to run to the outside that it made sense for him to disrupt the game plans.

I hope he is not rushing the passer more than is needed, because Vic deployed a defense not a player.

I agree. Don't confuse my curiosity on what will happen with what I want to see happen.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Bust that will turn out to be a huge mistake

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not sure whether CPags will use NardFlo in the same manner as VicFang. We will have to wait and see. Hoping NF can get to the QB so CP will be as happy as VF.