Bears have only 10% chance of winning a Super Bowl in the next 3 years says TheScore

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exact ly. The Lions and Vikings would love to have a QB that can be that clutch in the 4th quarter of a big game

I’d rather have a QB who’s dominant the whole game than someone who is “clutch”. Too bad the Bears didn’t have the ability to draft someone like that.

Oh wait.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’d rather have a QB who’s dominant the whole game than someone who is “clutch”. Too bad the Bears didn’t have the ability to draft someone like that.

Oh wait.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Oh wait.
I’d rather have a QB who didn’t look like a middle schooler who shit his pants for the whole game against the weakest team in the playoffs. Too bad the bears drafted that guy.

Oh wait.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deshaun looked like shit against the weakest team in the playoffs for the whole game I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make

Admittedly Watson looked terrible but that Colts team is not weak. They are a very strong team that is only going to get better.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Admittedly Watson looked terrible but that Colts team is not weak. They are a very strong team that is only going to get better.
They were widely considered to be the weakest team in the playoffs and the chiefs showed that. Not sure why you bag on Mitch for his play off performance when the QB you think is the second coming of Jesus Christ was indisputably shit.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He was clutch in the 4th quarter of that game, tha 's all I said about him. Stafford and Cousins have never been that clutch in big games. That is far from me anointing him clutch leader, very far. I never player the game well so and so player was this and looked what happened. Two different people
I can count to purple...

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't want to read this whole thread but if in ANY year each team has 3.125 % chance to win the SuperBowl then in 3 years isn't the "Expectation" .... 3.125 + 3.125+3.125 = 9.375 % So In Essence this thread started on a NO SHIT SHERLOCK idea ?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Nagy has yet to be truly defeated by more than the last play of a game, a 2 TD 4th quarter, or a bounce here or there. If the Bears stay this hard to beat I'd say the true figure is between 10 and 25% somewhere. And yes...I think that is a very good and very high number given the competition of the NFL, and it would be way higher if Trubisky could throw left accurately.
I see where you are going, but there are so many moving parts. Here's just a few items off the top of my head that can impact how 2019 goes:

Year 2 of a new offensive system - in year 1 of a new system typically things goe well. Teams have limited info to operate off of and with only a week to prepare (as your team has only shown a portion of its stuff) the offence is at a significant advantage. An offseason of defensive coordinators picking apart tape typically helps them be more prepared. I saw it first hand with Chip Kelly and I also saw that with McVay. Still good, but some regression happened. We'll see how well Nagy continues to evolve. Is he Mike Martz or Andy Reid? I'd lean towards the ladder, but you never know.

Health - a couple injuries in the wrong spot can tank a season. It's unrealistic to assume everyone can play every snap, but the real impact will be who gets hurt.

Opponents - strength of schedule is a horrible thing that ESPN created to fill a dead time of the sporting year, but there is merit in how well your opponent is playing when they take the field. You can play the worst team in the league, but if that's their best game of the year you'll have your hands full. Same can be said for good teams. If you play them in a slump they are very beatable.

Peak too early - Every year after week 4 or 6 there's a power ranking and it's very rare for whomever is on top to be hoisting the Lombardi in Feb. It's just not realistic to assume teams can maintain a high level of play all year long. Anyway, early season success can end in an uninspiring one-and-done come playoff time.

Division - Rogers got hurt and the Vikings regressed. Add in that Detroit might be better under year two of that rocket scientist fraudster who has the audacity to put a pencil behind his ear while working with laminated play sheets!!! Anyway, I'd say all 3 of your division rivals took a step back. It's wishful to assume this is just a start of a 10 year trend where you keep getting further ahead each year, but we probably know that's not the case. I know you hate the rivals, but you have to say they are better than Dolphins/Jets/Bills of the past 15 seasons. I think it was the NFC South that had something like 5 seasons where the worst division team was the champ the following year. In competitive divisions we should expect turnover at the top spot as the target is bigger.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He was clutch in the 4th quarter of that game, tha 's all I said about him. Stafford and Cousins have never been that clutch in big games. That is far from me anointing him clutch leader, very far. I never player the game well so and so player was this and looked what happened. Two different people
YOu seem to miss the ENTIRE point of my post, but no shock there. Read my original post. It only mentions the 4th quarter

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Oh wait.
I would rather have someone who is clutch and pulls out games (Which he did if not for Parkey) then someone who just puts up numbers and then chokes when it counts. You sound like a Lions fan.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would rather have someone who is clutch and pulls out games (Which he did if not for Parkey) then someone who just puts up numbers and then chokes when it counts. You sound like a Lions fan.

This is a message board so I’m not sure how you can hear me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't want to read this whole thread but if in ANY year each team has 3.125 % chance to win the SuperBowl then in 3 years isn't the "Expectation" .... 3.125 + 3.125+3.125 = 9.375 % So In Essence this thread started on a NO SHIT SHERLOCK idea ?
Doesn't really work that way but
That = 100% over 32 years. Somebody should have told that to the Lions. Patriots can't possibly ever win another one.