Bears held second private workout with RB Devin Singletary

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Visiting with a prospect multiple times could sometimes be because of questionmarks, and not just because of serious interest.

Maybe the first meeting left them with doubts, and they want to doublecheck those.

Either way singletary should be available at 87, and wouldn't be a bad pick.

He's arguably a top 5 RB in this class, or at least was before the combine.

Looks like you settled everything pretty much and it's airtight. Someone on Reddit help out with this?

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Not a smokescreen which inclines it is a distraction against what he really wants to do. Maybe he is hoping someone behind him in the 5th round likes this guy and jumps ahead of the Bears based on their pre-draft "interest", this may leave one more back he does like when it comes time to pick. Who knows just another theory. Given the different talents at different rounds Singletary you would think would be a low priorty. A lot of better fits based on the numbers and tapes.. but again we fans don't get to meet these guys and life experience in general suggests talent ain't everything. Attitude, Responsibility, Integrity, Desire, Passion should all be considered before your talent (as long as your talent is on the spectrum for the job).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just expected after getting rid of Howard that they would prioritize explosion and long speed and his testing does not suggest those are areas of strength.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I just expected after getting rid of Howard that they would prioritize explosion and long speed and his testing does not suggest those are areas of strength.

I don't think it's about speed. Nagy listed the traits they were looking for, they were vision, being able to make guys miss and versatility to contribute in the passing game. In the running game, I think they're looking for someone with more quickness to the hole, and the ability to beat defenders when they get there. Singletary checks those boxes. He's got more then a little Ray Rice to his game.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You must have loved the Kevin White pick.
What was wrong with the pick back then? You can't predict injuries for someone that was not injured in college

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anytime you want to start adding "intelligent discussion" rather than insulting the members of this fine website...that would be great.
I save that for DB's or groups that have intelligent discussions. Appropriate coming from you. I have yet to see you make one.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm assuming Nagy had a large hand in picking Hunt so whoever he wants to draft at RB is fine with me. Preferably without the women beating baggage tho

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
To get news and intelligent discussion, not a bunch of couch potatoes who think they know better than our expert's on the team. I'm not even bashing you because you just posted the information, yet you need to come to the defense of yourself.

I asked a question, stop overreacting.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am just surprised by the interest considering how bad his testing numbers were.

I am going to look more into him this week.

I can't wait. I'd love to see your breakdowns.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I was down there for the pick, there was much rejoicing, I don't remember anyone calling it a bad pick, fan's or media.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Many people loved the K.White pick at the time he was drafted which at that time there was nothing wrong with it.

Oh my bad, it's the hindsight guy again.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah i'm with you on definitely being a little confused with just what exactly Nagy wants. I don't mind the M.Davis signing but there's no way anyone expected us to sign a guy like him before we signed him and now Singletary is also somewhat confusing. Now of course this could just be Pace throwing out smoke screens, even though certain people think it's ridiculous to think Pace would throw out smoke screens for 3rd or mid round picks. I'm still holding out hope for the more versatile RB to play with Davis and Cohen like M.Sanders, T.Williams, J.Hill, there's too many to name but we all know the types we think Nagy wants that are gonna be around in the 3rd or 4th, 5th round picks. Well i don't think Sanders will be around but maybe a trade up.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Many people loved the K.White pick at the time he was drafted which at that time there was nothing wrong with it.

Not all of us did.

I thought it would be silly to take a One Year Wonder WR with a top ten pick when the Bears had just fielded the worst defensive unit in Franchise History.

^^^^^ intellegent football post ^^^^^^

@TheWinman

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What was wrong with the pick back then? You can't predict injuries for someone that was not injured in college

Just saying it is silly to just blindly trust someone as not all picks work out. Although I do recall some noise around drafting someone with one good year in college.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I posted this in another thread a week ago or some shit but not sure if you ever had an opinion on him so curious to see what you think about this kid?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
people didn’t like it when we drafted forte for a variety of reasons and he was solid. Some players might not fit what you are expecting but coach knows what he wants and I’m sure gm will get him as much info as possible to do due diligence. Seems like a group effort good shit

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
people didn’t like it when we drafted forte for a variety of reasons and he was solid. Some players might not fit what you are expecting but coach knows what he wants and I’m sure gm will get him as much info as possible to do due diligence. Seems like a group effort good shit

Don't let him suck you into an endless, thread derailing argument.

Singletary is a good prospect, and obviously on the Bears radar. He'd be a great fit in a rotation with Davis and Cohen. It's almost impossible to predict how the running backs will fall. There are a bunch of solid prospects all of whom will be valued differently by every team. In the last 10 drafts, as many as 8 and as few as 3 backs have been selected by the 87th pick. Generally about 5 or 6 running backs go before 87.

They are definitely doing a ton of work on a bunch of different running back prospects.