Bears held second private workout with RB Devin Singletary

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You forgot that if Mike Davis fails, it will be all his fault and have nothing to do with Pace or Nagy. Pace and Nagy have become like God for some people. They get credit or thanked when something succeeds but then if something fails it is someone else's fault or there is a bigger plan you can't see.

Praise be to Pace and Nagy!

It will be Pace and Nagy's failure, even more so if they do not draft some serious depth at the spot.

Davis has some serious question marks. He has been injured and only really had a significant role in 2018, where he was mostly a 3rd down back. If Nagy and Pace bank on him to be a 250 carry guy and he flops that is on them. There is not really any evidence that he can be that guy, it is faith in an evaluation of skills.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes. God forbid fans of an ascending football team be positive instead of shitting on everything all time! I mean, if anything gets things done in this world, it's complaining on a message board!

Stop derailing threads.

Someone can't take a joke. Lighten up Francis!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It will be Pace and Nagy's failure, even more so if they do not draft some serious depth at the spot.

Davis has some serious question marks. He has been injured and only really had a significant role in 2018, where he was mostly a 3rd down back. If Nagy and Pace bank on him to be a 250 carry guy and he flops that is on them. There is not really any evidence that he can be that guy, it is faith in an evaluation of skills.

I was just joking. I understand your point. I was more referring generally to some of the homerism on here.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think running into the season with Mike Davis and a 5th-7th round pick would be a big risk and too much faith being shown in Davis by Nagy and Pace.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mike Davis stats 2018

Jordan Howard Stats 2016

What have you done for me lately league.

Not on Mike Davis' jock. He just has more wiggle to his game than Howard.

Well in terms of what you have done lately, Howard had more rushing yards in 2018 (bad year) than Davis has in his entire career.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was just joking. I understand your point. I was more referring generally to some of the homerism on here.

I know. I am defending your position.

As a GM and HC you do not get to throw faith in to unproven players and then take no blame when those guys prove to be not what you sold them as.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well in terms of what you have done lately, Howard had more rushing yards in 2018 (bad year) than Davis has in his entire career.

Yards are a poor indicator because they are dependent on touches.

TDs are even worse as they are often indicative of the offense moving the ball down to the goal line and then a dude jumping the pile for a TD.

Really for RBs I want to know the YPC and TDs of 10+ yards.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
oh, you want to play that game? let me pick Howard's best year, too, then.

252 carries, 1,313 yards. 5.2 yards.

It's a mute point because you'll be on Mike Davis's jock until he fails or leaves the team. Move along, nothing to see here.
moot point

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
don't be a pre madonna. you know what I meant for all intensive purposes

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Singletary

Positives

Vision: He makes some really exceptional cuts and makes a ton of guys miss in the hole.
Feet: Great feet and he makes multiple moves on a run play with balance and quickly in the hole.
Power: He broke the most tackles in college football and his contact balance is crazy for a tiny dude.
Hands: This season he did not catch a ton of passes, but he did the year before and looked good catching at the combine.

Negatives

Speed: He does not look 4.66 slow on tape, but he does not have an elite 2nd gear even when he is out running DBs.
Pass Pro: He gives you an effort, but he is small and does not have a ton of length or anchor.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yards are a poor indicator because they are dependent on touches.

TDs are even worse as they are often indicative of the offense moving the ball down to the goal line and then a dude jumping the pile for a TD.

Really for RBs I want to know the YPC and TDs of 10+ yards.

Agreed I would not use yards alone. It was more to point out that Davis is still very much unproven as despite Howard having a terrible year, he still outgained Davis' whole career. Could end up being a good thing if it means Davis is fresh or a bad thing if it means Davis can't carry the load.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Singletary

Positives

Vision: He makes some really exceptional cuts and makes a ton of guys miss in the hole.
Feet: Great feet and he makes multiple moves on a run play with balance and quickly in the hole.
Power: He broke the most tackles in college football and his contact balance is crazy for a tiny dude.
Hands: This season he did not catch a ton of passes, but he did the year before and looked good catching at the combine.

Negatives

Speed: He does not look 4.66 slow on tape, but he does not have an elite 2nd gear even when he is out running DBs.
Pass Pro: He gives you an effort, but he is small and does not have a ton of length or anchor.

He makes a lot of sense. If you watch the cut-up against Oklahoma you can see he's more than capable of playing against higher competition. The numbers don't look great but he breaks at least 10 tackles and has a couple super impressive runs despite his line being consistently overwhelmed. I've pretty much settled on he and Trayveon Williams as my favorites of the guys likely to be around when the Bears pick.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Singletary looks like a Ka'Deem Carey clone. Tough, slow, instinctive, but may not translate to the pros.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Singletary looks like a Ka'Deem Carey clone. Tough, slow, instinctive, but may not translate to the pros.

Carey really did not have any moves or feet. He just ran forward really-really hard.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought Jordan Howard didn't fit Nagy's system. Why then bring in a similar back, especially after signing Mike Davis who, is also more of a short yardage power back.?
Is this seriously what some of you think Mike Davis is?