BEARs In SuperBowl 2019

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
0-0 for me. This is Paces team and staff for the first time.

I'm guessing pace stroked george's dick better than JA and emery. Or is he doing it to the fans. It would explain why he got a reset button that no gm in bears history has gotten.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So did emery but he had a 3 year 23-25 and got canned. Pace has a 3 year record of 14-34 but gets an extension. Both came with similar situations of an aging roster whose window had close. Emery's only hire was trestman which was bad. Pace hires fox which was worse than trestman. Emery overpays cutler. Pace over pays glennon. Some fans just realize that the bears got a downgrade.
Wrong.

Emery inherited a team with an aging defense and a weak offense, but immediately spent big on the offense while bringing in a gimmicky HC without recent ties to the NFL. At the end of Emery's reign, the defense had gone from a respectable but old defense to perhaps the worst defense in NFL history while special teams was a joke and the offense had dragged the whole team to the point that the team itself had become a cancer.

During Pace's handicapped reign (yes, he is now out of his handicapped reign as he has been able to hire the people that he wanted), Fox was brought in to be the temp coach during the main portion of the rebuild. Fox's main attribute was being able to bring in coordinators that were actually good. It was because of Fox that Fangio is now the DC of the Bears. Gage was also a Fox hire but his one-year success got him a HC gig, but Fox was unable to replace him with a decent offensive coordinator probably because he tried to push his ultra-conservative offensive thoughts on them. Under Pace, the NFL worst and oldest defense became a top 10 defense while completely shifting from a 4-3 to a 3-4 which took time, the offensive cancers were removed from the team while the offense became considerably younger. Alshon was offered a better deal than he accepted with the Eagles but he decided to not accept it because he just didn't want to be a part of the team (can't force players to stay if they don't want to stay). Some older but good players were let go because they would not fit into the future of the team.

As for the Cutler and Glennon signing, only an idiot would think that the Glennon signing was worse. The year after Glennon was way overpaid, he has zero affect on the current Bears team. Cutler was negatively affecting the Bears for many years, including some of Pace's years as GM. The Bears' record under Pace was affected by Emery's decisions.

Under Handicapped Pace, the Bears have become a destination of the top offensive minded HC available and free agents, the team has gotten significantly younger, the defense has become a 3-4 defense while becoming younger and a top 10 defense, the offense has drafted some play-makers (in fact, they have been very successful recently in the draft) with a potential franchise QB added and has gone from having a cancerous roster to a much more positive roster.

Now the Post Handicapped Pace needs to show results.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Wrong.

Emery inherited a team with an aging defense and a weak offense, but immediately spent big on the offense while bringing in a gimmicky HC without recent ties to the NFL. At the end of Emery's reign, the defense had gone from a respectable but old defense to perhaps the worst defense in NFL history while special teams was a joke and the offense had dragged the whole team to the point that the team itself had become a cancer.

During Pace's handicapped reign (yes, he is now out of his handicapped reign as he has been able to hire the people that he wanted), Fox was brought in to be the temp coach during the main portion of the rebuild. Fox's main attribute was being able to bring in coordinators that were actually good. It was because of Fox that Fangio is now the DC of the Bears. Gage was also a Fox hire but his one-year success got him a HC gig, but Fox was unable to replace him with a decent offensive coordinator probably because he tried to push his ultra-conservative offensive thoughts on them. Under Pace, the NFL worst and oldest defense became a top 10 defense while completely shifting from a 4-3 to a 3-4 which took time, the offensive cancers were removed from the team while the offense became considerably younger. Alshon was offered a better deal than he accepted with the Eagles but he decided to not accept it because he just didn't want to be a part of the team (can't force players to stay if they don't want to stay). Some older but good players were let go because they would not fit into the future of the team.

As for the Cutler and Glennon signing, only an idiot would think that the Glennon signing was worse. The year after Glennon was way overpaid, he has zero affect on the current Bears team. Cutler was negatively affecting the Bears for many years, including some of Pace's years as GM. The Bears' record under Pace was affected by Emery's decisions.

Under Handicapped Pace, the Bears have become a destination of the top offensive minded HC available and free agents, the team has gotten significantly younger, the defense has become a 3-4 defense while becoming younger and a top 10 defense, the offense has drafted some play-makers (in fact, they have been very successful recently in the draft) with a potential franchise QB added and has gone from having a cancerous roster to a much more positive roster.

Now the Post Handicapped Pace needs to show results.

Actually because of glennon, there was some dead cap space the following season. Nice try. It did hurt the bears cap situation and wasted time that could have been used to develop trubiksy.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Actually because of glennon, there was some dead cap space the following season. Nice try. It did hurt the bears cap situation and wasted time that could have been used to develop trubiksy.
You are a fucking idiot.

Do you think that Glennon's 4.5 million cap hit this year or the few games that Glennon started over Trubisky (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/mike-glennon-12354/) is even close to the effect that Cutler's signing had for many years?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Dumbass, I was just pointing out that this statement was wrong.
It did hurt the bears cap situation and wasted time that could have been used to develop trubiksy.
Wrong again. You are not just pointing out anything but rather making two statements that the Bears cap situation in 2018 was hurt by Glennon's signing and that Trubisky's development was wasted with Glennon.

There is a cap hit, but that does not mean that it hurt the Bears cap situation (current cap space $26,127,980). Moreover, the Bears will probably get a credit to their 2019 cap because of offset salary issues with the Cardinals signing him.

The Bears have an offset on that $2.5 million and I would imagine they gave him their blessing to approach other teams about a contract at the combine. Due to that guarantee Glennon will likely be looking at a one year contract for the minimum ($790,000) similar to what Brock Osweiler signed for last season and maybe some incentives that can potentially skirt the offset rules. The Bears will get a credit for that on their salary cap in the 2019, not 2018, league year.

You were also crying that Trubisky's development was wasted. Just more of your useless crying.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Don't want the Bears playing any Superbowl in Miami. Bears have bad history playing in Miami. Isn't that where it's at?

So you don't want the Bears playing in the SB just because of where it's at??? If so, that's a major :facepalm2:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Introducing the Viginia McCaskey Solid Gold Dancers

old_people_twerking_gif.gif

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The one on the left has a hot twitchy butt and the one on the right would be just fine with a bag over her head....Now the middle siren however, would need a flag draped over her so that any patriotic SOB would want to F*** her for "Old Glory"

Reactions: DC

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hey I like your optimism, but I gotta disagree.

Right now, we look like an "8-8 team" on paper. That means that luck could go either way and put us anywhere between 5-11 and 11-5 because we will be in a lot of close games. That is just how it works sometimes.

The following year, I am hoping that we add ammunition to our pass rush and work to improve the OL. With the way Green Bay has been for a decade, and the way Minny is also strong and competitive, that means we are a WC team that, depending on how the luck falls, could see us win the division or barely miss the playoffs. We have a competitive division.

2021, I would say if things keep trending upward, we are playing for the division title and a superbowl competitor. Rodgers will cost too much for GB to have depth anywhere, Minny will still be competitive if Kirk Cousins plays up to his expected level, and Detroit will be looking for it's next QB.

We hardly know how this team is going to look in 2018, let alone 2021. So much can happen in 3 years. Trades, cuts, career ending injuries, not to mention we don't even know if we have a QB capable of taking us to the Super Bowl yet. Let's pump the brakes.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We hardly know how this team is going to look in 2018, let alone 2021. So much can happen in 3 years. Trades, cuts, career ending injuries, not to mention we don't even know if we have a QB capable of taking us to the Super Bowl yet. Let's pump the brakes.

No predictions, I'm just modeling my expectations.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we should have been 8-8 last year with a "tougher" schedule .... if we had a head coach with HALFA brain... Where's that look of an astonished Fox gif when I need it ?

Add in the NFL's BEST friggin creator of seperation for his wide receivers as shown thru yardage of seperation....and IMPROVED OLINE with teams not being able to load the box add 2 games more won ... 10-6.... Add one or two more games won because we arent's strapped with Mr Sloppy Bonaparte as an OC ( and friggin nobody to throw to ) 12-4 Nancies !! ... and we have a KICKER

I think Top Half to Top Ten by December O is not that Far fuckin Off.... Color Me Psychedelisizin on Kool-Aide ....BUT if SHIT drops our way I think we can go there

..... AND I haven't even mentioned HOW Fuckin Good Our D is Gonna B

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Wrong again. You are not just pointing out anything but rather making two statements that the Bears cap situation in 2018 was hurt by Glennon's signing and that Trubisky's development was wasted with Glennon.

There is a cap hit, but that does not mean that it hurt the Bears cap situation (current cap space $26,127,980). Moreover, the Bears will probably get a credit to their 2019 cap because of offset salary issues with the Cardinals signing him.

You were also crying that Trubisky's development was wasted. Just more of your useless crying.

You are still wrong. This was your statement

The year after Glennon was way overpaid, he has zero affect on the current Bears team.

So if you are saying that it didn't hurt the bears cap situation you are wrong because as you pointed out it cost them cap space. If you are trying to argue that the bears weren't hurting for cap space then you are still wrong because jay didnt hurt the bears cap space either. They were still over the cap every year despite signing him. Can't have it both ways.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
She's crazy hot. She says ommy tried to hit on her but he was too old.

She looks like she'd be a good bouncer on top, especially with that sexy little smile of hers. I wonder if she is still alive ?