All aboard the Chuck Wagon

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Give me Pagano. I get wanting continuity but Pagano’s récord as a DC is pretty damn good and I want an experienced and accomplished DC to run the D so Nagy can focus on Mitch and the offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
There is only one man that can fill Fangio's shoes, and our hearts, as DC next year:

lovie-smith-in-school1.jpg

AAAt1mH.img

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i kinda want dom capers to be the DC, i know he really started doing bad with the packers but the packers really didnt do him any favors in terms of talent after the first few years and i think that led to his defense really struggling.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Was Pagano aggressive? I would like to see more blitzes.

Maybe Donatell will be more aggressive. You would think not and that he's gonna do what fangio has been doing since he's been with him so long but maybe he was in the background hoping Fangio would call blitz on certain plays and making other calls. I think Donatell is the right hire but i would actually go to certain guys like K.Fuller, A.Hicks and K.Mack just to get their opinion of Donatell and how the other players feel about him if i was Pace/Nagy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Was Donatell any good as a coordinator?

Well he was the DC for the Packers from 2000-2003, DC for Atlanta from 2004-2006 and the DC for Washington in 2008 and was either a DB coach or some type of special assistant all his other coaching years in the NFL. I really don't feel like doing that homework to go find out how good the Packers, ATL and Wash defenses were for those years but he has experience as a DC in the NFL.

Ed Donatell

The Bears’ defensive backs coach is the popular answer for many looking for an internal hire, although he is currently being considered as the defensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos with Vic Fangio. It may not be as appealing to him though, as the Bears job would allow him to call plays, and it appears that Fangio will be doing that for the Broncos defense.

Make no mistake, Ed Donatell has done an outstanding job developing our defensive backs. Since coming to the Bears in 2015 with Fangio, the Bears’ secondary has consistently improved, as all of their defensive backs have seen steady growth. The Bears pass defense was the most efficient in football according to Football Outsiders.

This is not the first time that he has been a very successful defensive backs coach. In the late 90s, he was a part of a very successful Denver Broncos team that won two Super Bowls.

Ed Donatell has not been a defensive coordinator in quite a while, as the last time was in 2006 with the Atlanta Falcons. He did have a run of success with our rivals to the North, where his defenses went to the playoffs for two out of four seasons.

As a candidate, it is a major concern that he has not coached defenses/called plays in a long time. The best move for Donatell would likely be the follow Vic Fangio, which could potentially hurt the Bears defensive backs.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This defense does not need a ranting and raving lunatic that has the camera on them half the time.

Mack, Floyd, Roquan, Goldman, Fuller, Prince are all quiet personalities that just do their job. I do not even think Prince swears.

I am not sure how they would do with Gregg Williams yelling in their faces and grabbing his crotch.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't like either tbh. One only has 1 year experience as a DC, before getting a hc gig, the entire time of which his D sucked, and the other has none.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Huh?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is why I like Pagano beyond his role as a DC.

6 playoff games as a HC including an AFC Championship game.

That is the next hurdle for Nagy as a coach. He was not great in the playoff game and having an experienced HC on staff that he can lean on would be an asset.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Pagano is the best candidate right now for the Bears.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This is why I like Pagano beyond his role as a DC.

6 playoff games as a HC including an AFC Championship game.

I don't think his head coaching resume is as good as his DC resume because chuck himself has said that andrew luck bought him more years then he deserved, but he still has the passion and the mind for the game so he is probably the best guy left.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think his head coaching resume is as good as his DC resume because chuck himself has said that andrew luck bought him more years then he deserved, but he still has the passion and the mind for the game so he is probably the best guy left.

He coached in those games, that is what interests me.

The long Grigson/Luck injury fueled decline of the Pagano era does not interest me as much as I do not want him to be the HC.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

what are you confused about? like i said, i forgot Donatell was a DC at times years ago. though it really doesnt matter since the leagues a different place now.

And Pagano was a dc all of 1 year, taking over a good d, before going on to head coach a team with a shitty d his entire tenure.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This defense does not need a ranting and raving lunatic that has the camera on them half the time.

Mack, Floyd, Roquan, Goldman, Fuller, Prince are all quiet personalities that just do their job. I do not even think Prince swears.

I am not sure how they would do with Gregg Williams yelling in their faces and grabbing his crotch.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pagano is the best candidate right now for the Bears.
The more I think about it...it makes all the sense in the world.

All due respect, but Donatel would be wise to follow Fangio and his loss would be immediately wiped out by adding Pagano.

I also have far more faith in Pagano putting together his own staff of positional coaches instead of fighting for Fangio's scraps.

Toss in the HC experience and it's a great hire IMO.