Bears' Kyle Long booted from Deerfield High field

Status
Not open for further replies.

winterwarz

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80834234/

By Gregory Trotter, Tribune reporter

5:20 pm, July 17, 2014

Being a Pro-Bowl football player doesn't guarantee turf time at Deerfield High School, Chicago Bears offensive lineman Kyle Long found out recently.

Long said he was working out at Deerfield High School Wednesday when he was asked to leave, according to disgruntled dispatches posted on Long's Twitter account.

On Wednesday, Long tweeted:

"Remind me never to go train at Deerfield High School football field again."

And then:

"Something about crushing optional 100 yard sprints that Deerfield HS doesn't like on their vacant fields."

Earlier in the day, Long had asked his Twitter followers which Lake County high schools had turf fields for a workout. He later explained that he was "nostalgic" running on a high school field.

Long later tweeted that the athletic director gave him "the boot at about 3/4 through."

The pro football player, though, said he didn't throw his weight around to persuade school officials to let him stay.

Asked by a Twitter follower whether he informed the school employee who he was, Long responded: "No I'm not much for that kinda thing."

Remind me never to go train at Deerfield High School football field again.

— Kyle Long (@Ky1eLong) July 16, 2014
Jennifer Waldorf, spokeswoman for Township School District 113, said the district's turf fields are only for the use of students and staff members during school hours because of insurance liability and maintenance costs.

Signs posted at the field prohibit public use, she said.

While running sprints, Long spotted Athletic Director Robert Ruiz, Waldorf said, and he acknowledged that he likely wasn't allowed on the field. Ruiz confirmed that to be the case.

"I think it was a quick conversation," Waldorf said. "There was no confrontation. … He quickly finished his sprints and left."

Waldorf said Long told Ruiz his first name, but didn't say he was a Bears player.

This isn't the first time a Chicago Bear has been ousted from a suburban high school athletic field.

In 2011, tight end Greg Olsen, who now plays for the Carolina Panthers, said he was kicked off the field at Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire.

Many of Long's Twitter followers said he could come train at their respective high schools in the Chicago suburbs.

Meanwhile, Waldorf extended an olive branch of sorts on behalf of Deerfield High.

"We would certainly welcome him back to practice with the (Deerfield High) Warriors at any time," she said. "We'd love to have him back."

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
While most respectable NFL players are beating up gay party hosts, shooting themselves at nightclubs, murdering their wives, girlfriend's sister's boyfriends, and people stopped at stoplights; Long is getting kicked out of high school football fields.

He just doesn't get it ... I hope he never does.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Fuck that school. I know Lincoln. Way west would be honored. What a tool

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Maybe you can report on the Titanic

images

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Using an image illegally Omeletpants. :smh:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Maybe you didnt hear that we lost the Alamo Bowl 10-0

dayThree.gif

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Newsflash for Winterwarz: water is wet!!!!!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You're a freak show. You have no real opinion of your own and you pander to others for their approval or you pile on because there is safety in numbers. You are all about approving other people's post and having yours approved. How about the zillion times you posted the guy eating popcorn watching the carnage. That represents you watching others react and your inability to form you own opinion. You are the ultimate, mindless group think poster

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
So Eggspurt, you going on vacation again?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just approved fisch

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You're a freak show. You have no real opinion of your own and you pander to others for their approval or you pile on because there is safety in numbers. You are all about approving other people's post and having yours approved. How about the zillion times you posted the guy eating popcorn watching the carnage. That represents you watching others react and your inability to form you own opinion. You are the ultimate, mindless group think poster
Real original.

:jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson:
:jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson::jackson: :jackson::jackson::jackson:

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, I'm not nwf, but I have an opinion of my own. And that opinion is that you're fucking annoying and your schtick is old. Shave your neckbeard and go do something social, I think you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.