Bears Mock Offseason Version 1

Toast88

Liked Posts:
When you’re in the window, like the Bears are, every move you make needs to make your team better now, not 5 years from now.

Pace is trying to secure his own job, not his successor’s job.

This means you’re not getting rid of a good player just to save money, unless you’re using that money to sign an even better player.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They are going to have a market for sure.

I just thought #3 for Callahan was high but when you look at the rest of the list for the CB's i can see why he was that high even though he's really only played NB for us. The list of free agent safeties is really strong so if they don't go with D.Bush then hopefully we'll get a nice replacement for the right price. Pace has some decsiions to make for sure.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hunt will probably come at a discount and we'll save the 1st 4 to 8 weeks salary.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Trevathan is just so good at playing those screens and that particular skill synergizes so well with the rush the Bears bring. Takes away such a huge counter to what the Bears want to do when they bring four, teams love to run outlet screens when they are afraid of the rush and Trevathan just shuts them down.

Iggy will see more time, I'm a believer in him, but I dont expect him to be starting until 2020.

You can count on Iggy getting some playing time next year because I guarantee you Trevathan won't stay healthy all year again.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
They are going to have a market for sure.

I think both are goners, unfortunately. They'd be stupid not to take more $$$, even though the Bears fan inside of me wants them to resign.

I think there's some value in past Pagano FA DBs, specifically Rashaan Melvin & Clayton Geathers. They could be serviceable additions at a low clip.

Melvin has the height to disrupt outside threats and can see him pushing Amukamara inside on slot – which I think he's very underrated in. He's also from Waukegan, spent time playing @ NIU, so maybe can play the hometown angle. While very few are as tough as Amos, I think Geathers is a reliable tackler and can produce turnovers. If it's true that Pagano likes to use stacks, I would also love to entertain adding Kenny Vaccaro to that mix for – especially for blitzing downs.

Fuller, Jackson, Melvin, Amukamara, Geathers, Vaccaro – That's a strong and deep secondary

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Like who ronald darby i can't make it off IR to save my life. Who will still manage to get a 10 mill a year contract mayhe next season you can cut prince and sign someone why don't you look that up. Everyone else is garbage or over 30.

If we add a CB I would love to add Pierre Desir. I have been high on him since he came out of the draft. He has looked good for the Colts. Think the arrow for him is pointing up.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If we add a CB I would love to add Pierre Desir. I have been high on him since he came out of the draft. He has looked good for the Colts. Think the arrow for him is pointing up.
For 1 he has less turnovers than prince two he is 1 year younger 3 he probably doesn't play man.