dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Proven himself to what? Proved he can be one of the highest paid kickers in the league and one of the most inaccurate in the same year?

Proved himself to be good enough to make the pro bowl which he has done.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Parkey was not good this year. #27th in FG % and #24th in XP %. GOOD. BYE.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
TE is an under rated need.

Burton-unreliable

Shaheen-looks like just a blocker

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Listen i'm as pissed as any Bears fan but you're just making assumptions on how the players would really feel and obviously all the fans wouldn't be against it unless i'm by myself here....hello.....is anyone there? LOL.

I get it but the kid has proven himself and IMO deserves to start the season off with us. I won't be mad at all if he isn't though but it also won't bother me if he is. Now if he starts missing field goals and costs us a game and is still back the following week then i'd feel differently about it.

He also pulled his Today Show stunt without approval from the Bears. The word here in Chicago is management is pissed about it. I don't see any way they trot him out next year even in a competitive situation.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think assaulting a woman on film probably carries at least as much weight as domestic violence that isn't filmed, at least in terms of someone's hireability.

I think that Virginia is going to watch the video ... and then have the Bears sign him as the field goal kicker.

He would not be any worse than Parkey.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Will be ecstatic to see P.O'Donnell finally gone who i've been wanting gone since after his first year, I think we absolutely start the year with C.Parkey as our kicker and let him kick to keep his job. If he starts missing kicks inside say 45 yards then we cut him but no way do i blow a draft pick on a kicker when until this year C.Parkey has always proven himself to be a good kicker and even been to the pro bowl and i'm loving it every time i see anyone on here finally coming around on my boy Bellamy.

You are joking, right?

#1 - there is no way that Parkey should see the the Bears locker room again. Even if he retires and becomes a sports reporter, he should be perma-banned from the locker room.

#2 - who ever said that the Bears should spend a draft pick on a field goal kicker? I posted before (not going to look them up) that talking about the best field goal kickers, they usually come as UDFAs. I think that 7 or 8 of the top current field goal kickers were UDFAs.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Every career has an arc.... Brandon Marshall is now a WR4/5 and he put up those numbers.

Terrel Pryor put up 1,007 yards on 77 receptions and 4 TD... granted in 16 games, but right there... I mean he is a WR4/5

Flash in the pan happens with the right context.

Cam Meredith was never a WR1/2.
What ?? You're trolling right you can't be this fucking Special person.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who has this kind of free time?

Agree or disagree, right or wrong, it’s a great effort!

Robbie Gould coming back would be a bit of a pill to swallow for management. Given what they had after they cut him, how many guys, they look pretty silly. Fine with it personally. Pagano would be great. Aside from being a survivor, he may be the type gut that is better as a DC than HC and no slight intended.

The rest is well reasoned conjecture at this point. I think we can look forward to next year.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Absolutely not to Hunt. This team has a great vibe right now, the Bears don't need to deal with that, and we as fans shouldn't be okay with that even as a shortcut.

Gould would be a great addition though

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Windy, have to give you props for seeing the need to have a legit Burton backup. This offense runs through that flex TE position, and losing him for the playoffs hurt. Brawn just wasnt able to fill that role. Imo, it is the mist critical off-season need.

Other than that, it's hard to disagree with anything. I also doubt the Hunt signing will happen, but it isnt a critical pickup, so it efinitely no need to make it the focus of debate.

PS....i do hope Gould is back!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Love it. Very interesting to read and obviously took a lot of effort.

My only issue is the Hunt signing. After the Patrick McDonald debacle, there ain’t no way the McCaskeys are signing off on signing a woman-beating caught-on-camera NFL pariah. It’s just not going to happen. Just grab a RB in the 4th or 5th or find a vet minimum guy if you’re truly hard up for a HB in 2019, because Hunt ain’t happening.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
lol in 2015, come on.

A whole 3 years ago....that's a lifetime.........it's a fucking kicker so i don't think that it was 3 years ago matters at all.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Would be nice to somehow save money on Daniel's contract. Restructure to push some bonus money into the future to try to extend guys now and deal with the repercussions when there is more available cap to work?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He also pulled his Today Show stunt without approval from the Bears. The word here in Chicago is management is pissed about it. I don't see any way they trot him out next year even in a competitive situation.

Yeah that was a little odd but probably just a good talking to is all he'll get but we will see. Like i said i wouldn't care much if they did cut him and signed another kicker but i'm just not sure they will. I'd be willing to bet if they do that he'll be the kicker for another team next year. So we'd have to eat his $3.5 mil he's guaranteed next year and then whatever it costs to sign another kicker though and we don't have much money to play with.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You are joking, right?

#1 - there is no way that Parkey should see the the Bears locker room again. Even if he retires and becomes a sports reporter, he should be perma-banned from the locker room.

#2 - who ever said that the Bears should spend a draft pick on a field goal kicker? I posted before (not going to look them up) that talking about the best field goal kickers, they usually come as UDFAs. I think that 7 or 8 of the top current field goal kickers were UDFAs.

I was replying to Windy's mock where he has us drafting a kicker.

And no i'm not joking

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Imagine if they bring Parkey back and he misses another FG to win a game. He'll be hanging from the goal post.