Bears offense greatly improved with limited draft capital..

xvflutop

Liked Posts:
The college he comes from is really not relevant. Cedric Benson played for Texas. Salaam for Penn State. Trent Richardson for Alabama, and Walter Payton for Jackson State. That says all we need to say to know it’s the player that matters, not the school.
Actually Salaam was Colorado. Enis was Penn State.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Not to pour gasoline on the fire, but I heard the Bears did very well with UDFAs, too.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know if I can say "greatly improved" offense when Pace created a hole and is filling it with an unproven third round draft pick from the college power-house of Iowa State and gave away additional picks to do so.

Don't get me wrong, he didn't have much to work with. But don't forget we traded some picks for this guy, so he'd better be a clear upgrade from Jordan Howard.

Howard was awful last season. Upgrading from him this season would require someone who can fall forward consistently. 3.7 YPC and 0 impact in the passing game, we could have gotten that from starting Mizzell.

In terms of personnel

QB: Nothing

RB: Significant improvement

WR: Backend Improvement

TE: Slight Improvement

OL: Maintained a solid unit

With limited resources that is a pretty solid situation.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"greatly improved"

Settle down OP, it's less than a handful of mid to late round picks. JFC, what is up with all the hyperbole and gross exaggerations here lately?

Agreed we can take away the hyperbolic adjectives.

With the Bears resources they were never going to "greatly improve" the personnel.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With the exception of Montgomery Idt pace went into the draft thinking must draft offense. But trubisky is being given every opportunity to succeed that I’ve never seen done for a Chicago qb. They have left no stone unturned for him
.... and this is exactly what every Combo of GM/Head Coach SHOULD have done ad infinitum. However, the reality, Walk, seldom matches the TALK

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
what im not liking on here is the constant howard bashing. Why cant we like the montgomery pick without trashing our ex rb?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
what im not liking on here is the constant howard bashing. Why cant we like the montgomery pick without trashing our ex rb?

I am trashing 2018 Howard, because he was pretty much awful in most phases of the game outside of pass protection.

2018 Howard is easily replaceable. 2016-17 Howard would be more difficult to replace.