HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can say international games sucks for the players, but for fans? Where the game is played has no impact on my life other than I'll be watching it earlier in the day.

Anything that screws up the quality of the play on the field sucks to me. International games have always been a shit show because of the hoopla, travel, knocking players off their schedule and also changes the game time for the fans as well. They are about as worthless to me as Thursday night games.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anything that screws up the quality of the play on the field sucks to me. International games have always been a shit show because of the hoopla, travel, knocking players off their schedule and also changes the game time for the fans as well. They are about as worthless to me as Thursday night games.
Again, I don't see a huge impact to the fans other than the time that they watch the game. Conditions are the same for each team so what's the issue?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I literally gave every reason those games suck. I can't make your brain work bud.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Meaning there is no advantage.

No advantage, correct. But the raiders in this case get screwed out of a home game....which definitely means something in any league. Especially the NFL. The whole idea is terrible, IMO.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Correct. There is a loss of 1 home game advantage. The Raiders have 7 home games, 8 road games, and 1 game against the Bears where they will surely be outnumbered in fan support in London.

There is an advantage when you have a fan base that travels well or a storied franchise.

The soggy field also most replicate bears home conditions we are built for.

I think it’s like having 8.5 home games and 7 road games for the Bears.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:

Davide

Liked Posts:
I'll be in London for this game! For those people don't like London games, there will be the only real chance for us (i'm italian and i'm a NFL fan like you) to see a NFL game.
I was in London in 2011 (Bears Bucs) and it was an amazing moment for me. Maybe you don't realize that there are so many NFL (and Bears) outside US

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
UGH.

Too bad Mack doesn't get to go back to his old home stadium (if that's where they're playing this year - IDK) to wreck his old team. Won't be the same in London.

As for the entire schedule, I'm hoping for many Sunday night games. MNF sucks nowadays. TNF too. Sunday night is the best, followed by Sunday noon.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Meaning there is no advantage.
That is the point. If this game were played in Oakland, they'd have an advantage over us. Since it is in London, there is no advantage for them, the playing field is leveled. Oakland essentially losses a home game.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Great for us British/European fans - and it could well be at Spurs (Tottenham's) new stadium which is meant to be the most NFL ready stadium in the UK. Also just nice to get the chance to visit a new ground that has been getting good reviews.

Certainly a big advantage to the Bears in terms of the Raiders losing a home game, also time zone wise they face the biggest impact. So, given the Bears were going to have to travel to London some time soon, this is probably the best they could have got.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did I hear it right on the radio today that the kickoff for this game is noon Chicago time?

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Confirmed:

Chicago Bears vs. Oakland Raiders, Sunday, Oct. 6, 1 p.m. ET, at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll be in London for this game! For those people don't like London games, there will be the only real chance for us (i'm italian and i'm a NFL fan like you) to see a NFL game.
I was in London in 2011 (Bears Bucs) and it was an amazing moment for me. Maybe you don't realize that there are so many NFL (and Bears) outside US
Thank you for your perspective. Apparently, we have people ITT, that these International games are such a strain on their personal lives and viewing experience. I appreciate your fandom even though most American fans only look out for themselves.

Davide

Liked Posts:
Thank you for your perspective. Apparently, we have people ITT, that these International games are such a strain on their personal lives and viewing experience. I appreciate your fandom even though most American fans only look out for themselves.

For me the International Games with Bears in London are like Christmas for a child!

I can take airplane and go to London in maybe 2 hours and see my favourite team play twenty meters near me!

In this foto, to the left in a red circle, i reaaaally enjoy Matt Forte TD in 2011! :)

Attachments

• 563002_10201895709378021_970774584_n.jpg
    563002_10201895709378021_970774584_n.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 9

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Fuck England. This inconveniences me as I will have to wake up and start drinking early. Also, fuck the NFL for putting this HUGE strain on the players' physical and mental wellbeing.

I am mad as hell and will not take this anymore!!!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For me the International Games with Bears in London are like Christmas for a child!

I can take airplane and go to London in maybe 2 hours and see my favourite team play twenty meters near me!

In this foto, to the left in a red circle, i reaaaally enjoy Matt Forte TD in 2011! :)
Enjoy the game Davide. Take another great foto from twenty meters away!