Bears' Robinson on Kareem Hunt: "I think guys would welcome him with open arms"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cool. You just said "We aren't going to be able to prove it one way or the other", yet as soon as I post some facts about Nagy's coaching accomplishments (in spite of alleged bad clock management issues), you are somehow magically able to "prove" your statement that Nagy is indeed among the worst coaches in NFL history in terms of clock management...WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY EVIDENCE!

Its incredible.

What are you talking about. I never claimed my opinion is fact. Further you can suck at a given aspect of coaching and still win games so his record does not prove he doesn't such at clock management.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
How exactly did Nagy have bad clock management at the end of the Eagles game? He did ABSOLUTELY the right thing by calling the timeouts when the Eagles were at the goal line. If he didn't, the game would have been over after the TD because there would be no time left.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The issue with Miami was not a clock management issue. It was a play call issue that we went over at the time of the game.

It was smart to let the clock run down there because one more 1st down and we get in a situation where a missed kick = a tie with no time for Miami to drive down and score.

When a team has to call timeout because they have confusion at the line, I don't think of that as a clock management issue. It's more of a preparation issue.

No it would have been smart to get a first down and get your kicker in better position or better yet get a TD. He managed the clock and called plays in a cowardly fashion at the end of the game.

A team can also call timeout because the coach is taking too long to get the play call in which happened at times this year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Benjamin Allbright @AllbrightNFL
1h1 hour ago

No. Chicago and Buffalo were considering sniffing around was what I had heard.

Jeremy @Jgoldberg21
@AllbrightNFL have you heard anything about Kareem Hunt signing in Cleveland?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I simply see no reason to be so critical of Nagy for mistakes that veteran NFL coaches make. The Bears were essentially playing with house money, and exceeded any and all expectations fo the year. There's absolutely nothing to be overboard about.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No it would have been smart to get a first down and get your kicker in better position or better yet get a TD. He managed the clock and called plays in a cowardly fashion at the end of the game.

A team can also call timeout because the coach is taking too long to get the play call in which happened at times this year.

I don't consider those clock management issues. I actually liked how he treated the clock in the Miami game. Even with the missed FG, we almost tied instead of lost. The question for me was the 3rd down play call.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now remy hates COTY Nagy who took the worst team in the NFC North and made it into the playoffs his first year? WTF

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now remy hates COTY Nagy who took the worst team in the NFC North and made it into the playoffs his first year? WTF

200.gif

EnZY5J.gif

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How exactly did Nagy have bad clock management at the end of the Eagles game? He did ABSOLUTELY the right thing by calling the timeouts when the Eagles were at the goal line. If he didn't, the game would have been over after the TD because there would be no time left.

He took too long to call the timeouts and then after the Robinson catch, the team was terrible in trying to run a play or spike the ball. He then let 12 seconds run off clock before deciding to call timeout. Think it was noted that if he had taken the first TO and not let it run to 2 minute warning, it would have saved about 40 seconds.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't consider those clock management issues. I actually liked how he treated the clock in the Miami game. Even with the missed FG, we almost tied instead of lost. The question for me was the 3rd down play call.

Great agree to disagree then.

Don't hate him at all. He is a good coach and deserved COTY. He needs to work on his clock management. Both things can be true.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Remy would be the greatest heel announcer of all time. I could imagine the scenario

Other announcer: Trubisky steps back, rolls to his right, dodges a man, throws AND HITS GABRIEL FOR THE TD WITH NO TIME TO SPARE! BEARS WIN THE SUPERBOWL 28-25 AND THIS CROWD IS ELECTRIC

Remy: Yeah thats great and all but i hate that Nagy wasted a timeout in the 1st QT, the bears defense gave up 25 points which clearly isnt elite playoff worthy and this is the same team that hired Marc Trestman years back

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He took too long to call the timeouts and then after the Robinson catch, the team was terrible in trying to run a play or spike the ball. He then let 12 seconds run off clock before deciding to call timeout. Think it was noted that if he had taken the first TO and not let it run to 2 minute warning, it would have saved about 40 seconds.

1st and goal at the 2: Ball is snapped at 1:14. Play is a run for no gain and ends at 1:10 and Bears immediately call timeout.
2nd and goal at the 2: Ball is snapped at 1:10. Play is a run for no gain and ends at 1:05 and Bears immediately call timeout.
3rd and goal at the 2: Ball is snapped at 1:05. Play is an incomplete pass and ends at 1:01.
4th and goal at the 2: Ball is snapped at 1:01. Play is a TD and ends at 0:56.

Bears used 2 timeouts right away which was necessary. Now they have 1.

Kickoff is with 0:56 and is returned 35 yards to the Bears 42 with 0:48 left.

1st down at the Bears 42 is incomplete. Now there is 0:44 left.
2nd down is complete for 25 yards to the Eagles 33 and tacked in bounds with 0:37 left. Bears call timeout with 0:35 left. They lost 2 seconds of indecision.
1st down at the 33 is complete for 8 yards to the Eagles 25 and tackled in bounds with 0:29 remaining when the whistle blows for forward progress being stopped. They spike it with 0:15 left. The best possible spike is around 10 seconds. So they lost 4 seconds of Trubisky indecision.
Next play is the incomplete pass in the endzone. Then the FG attempt.

So you greatly exaggerated any sort of bad clock management by Nagy here.

Watch for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKEcsUcZX4g

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy would be the greatest heel announcer of all time. I could imagine the scenario

Other announcer: Trubisky steps back, rolls to his right, dodges a man, throws AND HITS GABRIEL FOR THE TD WITH NO TIME TO SPARE! BEARS WIN THE SUPERBOWL 28-25 AND THIS CROWD IS ELECTRIC

Remy: Yeah thats great and all but i hate that Nagy wasted a timeout in the 1st QT, the bears defense gave up 25 points which clearly isnt elite playoff worthy and this is the same team that hired Marc Trestman years back

Well let's win the Super Bowl and then we can see if I complain or not.

1st and goal at the 2: Ball is snapped at 1:14. Play is a run for no gain and ends at 1:10 and Bears immediately call timeout.
2nd and goal at the 2: Ball is snapped at 1:10. Play is a run for no gain and ends at 1:05 and Bears immediately call timeout.
3rd and goal at the 2: Ball is snapped at 1:05. Play is an incomplete pass and ends at 1:01.

2nd down is complete for 25 yards to the Eagles 33 and tacked in bounds with 0:37 left. Bears call timeout with 0:35 left. They lost 2 seconds of indecision.
1st down at the 33 is complete for 8 yards to the Eagles 25 and tackled in bounds with 0:29 remaining when the whistle blows for forward progress being stopped. They spike it with 0:15 left. The best possible spike is around 10 seconds. So they lost 4 seconds of Trubisky indecision.

Watch for yourself.

The 3rd down that led to 1st and goal was made with 1:52 left on the clock. A TO there then stops the clock there. Instead as you said, the Eagles don't snap the ball until 1:14 so yes they lost 40 seconds.

Bears would then still have 2 timeouts. Eagles ran twice on 1st and 2nd down for absolutely nothing. So then it would be 3rd down. Now the Eagles can try and run again and burn clock or throw like they actually did. I would much rather they tried to run for the TD on 3rd and 4th down rather than trying to defend 2 passes on 3rd or 4th down.

If they ran on either down, given our run D then that is a better outcome as well. Instead they ran basically the same play twice and we stopped it the first time but not the 2nd time. Imagine if they only had one crack at that pass play?

Otherwise, if they still chose to throw twice then we would have ended up with 1:40 or so on the clock with no timeouts. Much better as even on the Robinson pass, there is no way we blow 40 seconds trying to spike or run a play.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Watch for yourself.

Heel announcer Remy: Four seconds is a lot of time. Havent you ever wanted four seconds back? I sure have and im sure this will haunt the bears.

Other announcer: What are you talking about? How does th......

Heel announcer remy: It takes two to vortex, buddy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Heel announcer Remy: Four seconds is a lot of time. Havent you ever wanted four seconds back? I sure have and im sure this will haunt the bears.

Other announcer: What are you talking about? How does th......

Heel announcer remy: It takes two to vortex, buddy

Except it is 40 seconds. Didshe forgot to include the fact we let the clock run from 1:52 to 1:14 without calling a timeout. Try again.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...CARD-WEEKEND-—Foles-magic-dies-edition/page62

Here are the posts in the game thread where people were saying he should call the timeout so it is not just hindsight either. It is obvious Bears fans thought he fucked up the clock management at the time.